The unofficial Mom of reddit - the lady and the egret painting (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Cindi Decker, from Florida, decided to take an art class. Her second painting was of an egret, and her son posted a picture of her holding her painting on reddit. He said she did not think people would like it. Swedish artist Kristoffer Zetterstrand saw the post and decided to paint the picture of Cindi holding her painting of an egret. Another artist, seeing Zetterstrand's post, painted a picture of him holding his painting of Cindi holding her painting of the egret.

Then the ball really got rolling, and now there is a family tree of paintings. Cindi has been dubbed the lady with kind eyes and the unofficial mom of reddit. Here are links to a story about the paintings and a family tree of the paintings. I think it is a great example of people from around the world reaching out and finding connections with others.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-wednesday-edition-1.4989683/this-florida-woman-s-artwork-inspired-paintings-within-paintings-within-paintings-1.4989688

https://nubleh.github.io/i_painted/

painting-within-a-painting-within-a-painting.jpg

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Layers of faces and an egret:cool:

My 'Animal Speak' book by Ted Andrews says of the heron (an egret is a type of heron) that there is 'a need for those with this totem to follow their own innate wisdom and path of self-determination. You know what is best fo r you and should follow it, rather than the promptings of others.'

Reactions: Anaeika and Linda
OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
My 'Animal Speak' book by Ted Andrews says of the heron (an egret is a type of heron) that there is 'a need for those with this totem to follow their own innate wisdom and path of self-determination. You know what is best fo r you and should follow it, rather than the promptings of others.'
I often sit on the back deck contemplating ideas and actions, while observing what the natural world shares with me. I've noticed when considering a path of action that sometimes a heron will fly overhead. I've come to know that it is something of importance. There are a few around because of some ponds, but they are not common around our house, so I pay attention.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Cute. Had to click back to original to see what she looks like.

Reactions: Linda

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)