The Nebra Sky Disc - Oldest Cosmic Depiction (showing the Pleiades!) (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
I noticed that my favourite awake alt-web news site and channel NuoViso has some more English videos now on some sub-channels. Cool, so in future I can share some of interest.

This one is about the (so far hardly known) oldest astronomical and also mystical depiction of the sky which is (over) 4000 years old. It strangely (for me) mainly features the seven stars of the Pleiades (... part of our origin after all?).

Frank Stoner who always does interesting talks about all kinds of 'fringe' and 'conspiracy' but also historic topics has a recent video out on this. If you don't mind the German accent he is pretty fluent imv and quite pleasantly to watch and listen to.

Video description:

"In this first of a new series of episodes brought to you from Leipzig/Germany, Frank Stoner presents you an amazing archeological artefact, the Nebra skydisc. This unique piece is an astounding 4000 years old and shows the eldest picture of the sky world-wide. It puts the history of the european bronze-age- man in a new light. In an amazing story the disc points at the time of the greatest change in human history. When the circle was broken and hierarchy and religion were born. Knowledge turned to power."

More info to read up on the Nebra Sky Disk:

(I know Wiki normally sucks, but this article seems pretty 'ok' to me ...)

Reactions: June

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
It is such a beautiful artifact. I listened to part of the video and am interested in its being associated with that place where it was found. Sounds like it could be linked to the Dogon tribe in west Africa. This artifact is so well crafted and in contrast to that of the Dogon.

In the 1930s, anthropologists visited with them and learned about their traditions involving the companion star of Sirius. It was not until the 1970s that astronomers "discovered" Sirius B. According to their oral history, the Nommos came from the stars to Earth and visited with these people. Looking for the book right now.

• Informative
Reactions: June
OP
Sinera

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Sounds like it could be linked to the Dogon tribe in west Africa
It was found in Nebra which is quite a distance from West Africa, but maybe there was a global culture or a global 'knowledge base' way back then.

The Dogons identify their origin with Sirius. Dr. Greer also says that we have origins there (that is why he called one of his documentaries "Sirius Disclosure"), so maybe this is also true. I don't know if they have made a depiction of it since it was transmitted by oral tradition and then we would not know how old it is.

Years ago, about 2010, I was intrigued by the Dogon story and read this book. I recommend it. It mainly draws comparisons between the Dogon, Hebrew and Egyption writings (hieroglyphs). Here's the Amazon link:

Science Of The Dogon (Amazon Link)

Description from there:

A look at the close resemblance between the creation and structure of matter in both Dogon mythology and modern science

• Reveals striking similarities between Dogon symbols and those used in both the Egyptian and Hebrew religions

• Demonstrates the parallels between Dogon mythical narratives and scientific concepts from atomic theory to quantum theory and string theory

The Dogon people of Mali, West Africa, are famous for their unique art and advanced cosmology. The Dogon’s creation story describes how the one true god, Amma, created all the matter of the universe. Interestingly, the myths that depict his creative efforts bear a striking resemblance to the modern scientific definitions of matter, beginning with the atom and continuing all the way to the vibrating threads of string theory. Furthermore, many of the Dogon words, symbols, and rituals used to describe the structure of matter are quite similar to those found in the myths of ancient Egypt and in the daily rituals of Judaism. For example, the modern scientific depiction of the informed universe as a black hole is identical to Amma’s Egg of the Dogon and the Egyptian Benben Stone.

The Science of the Dogon offers a case-by-case comparison of Dogon descriptions and drawings to corresponding scientific definitions and diagrams from authors like Stephen Hawking and Brian Greene, then extends this analysis to the counterparts of these symbols in both the ancient Egyptian and Hebrew religions. What is ultimately revealed is the scientific basis for the language of the Egyptian hieroglyphs, which was deliberately encoded to prevent the knowledge of these concepts from falling into the hands of all but the highest members of the Egyptian priesthood. The Science of the Dogon also offers compelling new interpretations for many of the most familiar Egyptian symbols, such as the pyramid and the scarab, and presents new explanations for the origins of religiously charged words such as Jehovah and Satan.
I also think of the Sumerian (supposed) depiction of our solar system which is also old, maybe even 6.000 years, so it would even be older. However it is also is debatable, since Sitchen's work altogether was criticised a lot. Yet it remains intriguing. See here:

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Years ago, about 2010, I was intrigued by the Dogon story and read this book. I recommend it. It mainly draws comparisons between the Dogon, Hebrew and Egyption writings (hieroglyphs). Here's the Amazon link:

Science Of The Dogon (Amazon Link)
Yes, that is the one I have (somewhere), and it is interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)