The Mystic Cow - Surabhi (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Awhile back I posted a picture of a cow in the trees across the river from the farm. Everything in that scene said "mystic" - it really moved me. I sent it on to some other friends, as well. Yesterday, one of them wrote to me about her experience. Out of the blue, the image of the mystic cow popped into her head. She knew there was a reason this image appeared. When she asked about it, she understood that there was a message about Surabhi, the wish-fulfilling Goddess Mother of All Cows. She had once again intervened on behalf of humanity with her prayers to Vishnu for His Divine Assistance in helping the residents of Earth.

My friend also said something that I've come to believe - a random thought is often a prelude to a message.

I thought it was interesting that Pod started that thread with the yoga cow. So, I learned something new - Surabhi is the Goddess Mother of cows. Also, if Vishnu can help out, then that would great, too.

cow 1.jpeg

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Thanks for posting all of these connections and information along with reposting the picture of your beautiful mystical cow.

Hathor is also a goddess associated with cows. According to wiki she was associated with joy, music, feminine love and motherhood. When I was in Egypt I remember being at an ancient temple with the pharaoh's huge statues holding up the impressive, elegant tall columns. Hathor's slightly smaller statues held up alternate columns and hers were the ones that caught my eye. I was pregnant with my first child at the time. In retrospect I believe that more occurred there than met the eye.

I wonder which other goddesses are also associated with cows?

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Here's a bit more on Hathor from here: https://www.ancient.eu/Hathor/
Hathor is an ancient Egyptian goddess associated, later, with Isis and, earlier, with Sekhmet but eventually was considered the primeval goddess from whom all others were derived.
Apparently her clergy, unlike those of other Egyptian deities who had a same-gender rule, could be of either gender.
Her center of worship was in Dendera, not too far from Luxor where I saw her statues.
Her instrument was the sistrum, a percussion instrument with discs that could be shaken, which was also used as a toy.
She seems, at times, to have been also seen as a sort of female Osiris, who women would go to after death.
She had a wild side too. I was glad to see this;) More on this and other stuff in the link above.
Seven Hathors were said to be present at a person's birth to decree their fate, protect and love them. She was again present at death to succor and lead the dead to the underworld.

A few more associations:
rejuvenation
Venus
women's health in body and mind
gratitude
dance
fertility
tree goddess
drunkeness

This last is probably because of the story of how Sekhmet the vengeful became Hathor. In what sound like a "Great Flood" myth, Ra the sun god got annoyed with humans who'd stopped paying him much attention so he sent Sekhmet the lioness to wreak his revenge. She was so efficient and crazed with it that the other deities begged for mercy for the humans, noting that there soon wouldn't be anyone left to learn the lesson being taught if she continued. So a plan was devised in which some blood red beer was prepared by Tenemet, the beer goddess, to slake the bloodthirsty Sekhmet. It worked. Sekhmet got drunk on the blood red beer, fell asleep and woke up transformed into Hathor who henceforth was only known for her benevolent acts. Hence, the drunkeness, I'd imagine:D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)