The Last Whisperers of Belarus (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Lilia

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2016
Vayuna, via Switzerland
wow. your post just triggered a chain of events to come in me, thank you for sharing this!
my great-grandmother was a whisperer, although my grandmother only told me she had been one of those healers you better avoided else because she used to go to the woods to "dance with the veelas".

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
This shows the power of our thoughts and how we all have the ability to heal if we could just get past our silly brain telling us it won't work as these women have done. This reminds me of a group of healers in China that I saw a video on a few years ago. In the video they focused on a person's cancerous tumor and the tumor shrank right on the video. Our thoughts are very powerful. Thanks for the article, Lois.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I looked at those beautiful faces and thought they have been holding the magic for a long time.
If I were near, I would go to visit.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Thank you for sharing the article about the Babkas. There is so much beauty existing in the world, even if it is found in tendrils and not in conformity and uniformity. The essence of creativity is that it has its own life, and this Babka knowledge will find a way to be re-born, never fear. Knowledge doesn't die but finds a new form to come out in when the time is right.

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
A beautiful and quick read... Are any members close enough to go and learn whispering before these incredible souls depart?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/gallery/2016/aug/29/the-last-whisperers-of-belarus-in-pictures
Oh what a beautiful life to have

"‘I never went to school, not even once. When I was young times were hard, and children had to work. For 12 years I looked after cows in return for food. It was my grandmother who showed me how to use herbs and taught me to whisper. It was all word of mouth, because I can’t read. I only treat people when I know I will be able to help them’

Thank you Lois for this posting!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)