The Largest Ever Dinosaur Discovered (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Scientists have come across a dinosaur which they say was the largest land animal on Earth during its time. The fossils found in South Africa suggest the behemoth weighed in at 11,800 kilograms (24,250 pounds)—nearly 12 tonnes, according to the Current Biology journal. (Source)

dino.jpg

Just imagine being a little human back then, running around, living in caves and then coming across this thing with your stone knife of spear! Or perhaps they were around the time of a more advanced civilization? Hmmm...

Reactions: Lila

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Looks a bit like a cross between a dodo and a plated lizard. Yep, gone extinct.

Reactions: Lila and Laron

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Thinking of the miles of internal stuff like arteries, veins, muscles, and intestines. Whoa - imagine the size of the poop.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I wonder why it was pink.
What an interesting question. There was no mirror big enough for her to look at herself in, so it can't be cosmetics. I think the whole body was that same high colour of pink, but the part beneath the neck was protected by armoured plates, so you can't see it. This creature would have been cold-blooded. People do get a condition called Rosacea, which are small red bumps, giving a rosy look to their face, and then there can be the standard, broken capillaries just under the surface, looking red to purple. Apparently, all vertebrates have red blood because the hemoglobin uses iron in the cells to oxygenate and transport the oxygen to the heart. Some invertebrates like shrimp have blue-green blood, which I think is much nicer, and I guess wouldn't have that metallic smell.

https://physicsfascination.wordpress.com/2011/10/10/reptile-blood/

Reactions: Laron and Lila

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)