The Keirsey Temperament Sorter — Share your Personality Results (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
This thread is here to not only discuss what the KTS is, but it provides a space to share your own test results of the Keirsey Temperament Sorter (KTS). You can find the test under the heading, The Actual Test, lower down.

Note that this thread compliments another one we have up, the Mayan Astrology Readings — Find Your Dreamspell Galactic Signature. In terms of self-development, and healing while on the path, getting to understand yourself through systems like these are very, very beneficial.

KTS, originally designed by David Keirsey, is a series of 70 questions that help to determine which one of the sixteen role variants you come under. The purpose is really about becoming more self-aware, and therefore learning additional data to help you understand yourself better and why you do what you do.

In a way, this reminds me of an astrological profile, but from a pure psychological perspective.

Keirsey originally included this questionnaire in his book Please Understand Me. The book description is found below.

“Does your spouse's need to alphabetically organize books on the shelves puzzle you? Do your boss's tsunami-like moods leave you exasperated? Do your child's constant questions make you batty? If you've ever wanted to change your mate, your coworkers, or a family member, then "Put down your chisel," advise David Keirsey and Marilyn Bates in this book of personality types. We are different for a reason, and that reason is probably more good than bad. Keirsey and Bates believe that not only is it impossible to truly change others (which they call embarking on a "Pygmalion project"), it's much more important to understand and affirm differences. Sounds easier than it is, you might say. Well, this book is a guide for putting an end to the Pygmalion projects in your life and starting on the path to acceptance.”​

please understand me - KTS.jpg

When originally putting this system together, Keirsey looked at the views of a bunch of psychologists or psychiatrists: Carl Jung, Erich Adickes , Ernst Kretschmer, Alfred Adler and Isabel Myers — mentioned as predecessors in the psychology of temperament and/or personality, within the above.

David Keirsey became familiar with the work of Ernst Kretschmer and William Sheldon after WWII in the late 1940s. He went on to develop the Temperament Sorter after being introduced to the MBTI (Myer-Briggs) in 1956. Tracing the idea of temperament back to the ancient Greeks, Keirsey developed a modern temperament theory in his books Please Understand Me (1978), Portraits of Temperament (1988), Presidential Temperament (1992), Please Understand Me II (1998), Brains and Careers (2008), and Personology (2010).

This table coming up shows how Myers' and Keirsey's types correspond to other temperament theories or constructs, dating from ancient times to the present day. The table also helps to depict and break down the sixteen personality types that your result will end up being (far right).

table KTS.png

For the moderators and administrators on the Forum here, this is actually quite intriguing as your personal results relate to how you interact with others. For me, I’m curious to see the results of the current moderators. This test is one of the most widely used personality assessments in the world, as many corporations and businesses use this in the workplace.

While similar to the Myer-Briggs Type indicator (MBTI), there are significant theoretical and practical differences between the questioners and results.

The Actual Test

There is an official site that lets you fill in a form, and then get the results after registering, however, there’s a catch. You only get part of the result, so I’m referring to there being four columns in the image I posted above, with the Role Variant being the final outcome (you don’t get access to this from the official test).

Therefore, the best way to do this is to print off this PDF here, http://thechangeworkscoaching.com/images/KeirseyQuestionnaire_Sample_Ans_Sheet_Scoring_Instructions_Form.pdf, mark down your results and follow the instructions for adding up the numbers to determine the personality type, out of the sixteen different ones. (The sixteen are listed in the table image above, in the final column on the right.)

Note that the actual scoring system and calculating the results can be difficult to work out, even though there are instructions, so feel free to send me a message or anyone else you see on here who has done the test, if you just can't work out how to add up the questions to get your results.

Once you work out the four letter abbreviation, using that test in the PDF, you can then find your personality type write-up below.

Conservator (Supporting)
(ESFJ) Provider: Supplying
(ISFJ) Protector: Securing
Administrator (Regulating)
(ESTJ) Supervisor: Enforcing
(ISTJ) Inspector: Certifying
Entertainer (Improvising)
(ESFP) Performer: Demonstrating
(ISFP) Composer: Synthesizing
Operator (Expediting)
(ESTP) Promoter: Persuading
(ISTP) Crafter: Instrumenting
Advocate (Mediating)
(ENFP) Champion: Motivating
(INFP) Healer: Conciliating
Mentor (Developing)
(ENFJ) Teacher: Educating
(INFJ) Counselor: Guiding
Engineer (Constructing)
(ENTP) Inventor: Devising
(INTP) Architect: Designing
Coordinator (Arranging)
(ENTJ) Fieldmarshal: Mobilizing
(INTJ) Mastermind: Entailing

Please feel free to share your result below. You can just include the four letter abbreviation, or more information if you like, such as anything that really stands out for you within the personality type listed above. (Just copy and paste it within your post)

There are a lot of links in this thread, please let me know if I made a mistake and got one wrong!

Last edited:
OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
My result, The Mastermind. (INTJ)

I understand this to be the rarest personality type of the KTS. About 1% of the population get this result. About 8 years ago when I was working in I.T., we had a company come in and get us to do the Myer-Briggs test. I had the same result back then.

From the Wiki entry:

Overview
Masterminds are introspective, logical, rational, pragmatic, clear-headed, directive, and attentive. As strategists, they are better than any other type at brainstorming approaches to situations. Masterminds are capable but not eager leaders, stepping forward only when it becomes obvious to them that they are the best for the job. Strong-willed and very self-assured, they may make this decision quickly, as they tend to make all decisions. But though they are decisive, they are open to new evidence and new ideas, flexible in their planning to accommodate changing situations. They tend to excel at judging the usefulness of ideas and will apply whatever seems most efficient to them in accomplishing their clearly envisioned goals. To Masterminds, what matters is getting it done—but also learning the principles of how to get it done efficiently and well; that is, at a professional level of quality. However, they may not give much thought to the social cost of getting there, "focusing so tightly on their own pursuits [that] they can ignore the points of view and wishes of others."[1]:200

Masterminds are highly pragmatic, and they will put forth a great deal of time and effort to implement effective ideas. They are driven to solve complex problems and to create organized, decided, and executed solutions. Masterminds tend to make positive statements instead of negative ones, focusing on how to make the organization more efficient in the future rather than dwelling on past mistakes.

Masterminds are also highly theoretical, and one of the more open-minded of the 16 role variants. Before Masterminds adopt a theoretical notion, they insist on researching all the available data and checking the idea against reality. Masterminds are suspicious of theories based on poor research and will discard ideas that cannot be effectively implemented.

As leaders, Masterminds are skilled in contingency planning and entailment organizing, which are directive activities that tell the planner what activities to do and in what order to do them. Once in a position of power, Masterminds are known for their efficiency and willingness to adopt useful ideas.
"Masterminds are capable but not eager leaders, stepping forward only when it becomes obvious to them that they are the best for the job." That's me!

"They tend to excel at judging the usefulness of ideas and will apply whatever seems most efficient to them in accomplishing their clearly envisioned goals." I tend to find the most efficient way of approaching something and getting something done.

I like the notable section, which is about more well-known folk who have the same personality type as you as it provides some insight into what you are capable of. In this case, these people are INTJ.
  • Dwight D. Eisenhower (an American Army general and statesman who served as the 34th President of the United States from 1953 to 1961.)
  • Stephen Hawking (an English theoretical physicist, cosmologist, author and Director of Research at the Centre for Theoretical Cosmology within the University of Cambridge.)
  • Isaac Newton (an English mathematician, astronomer, theologian and physicist (described in his own day as a "natural philosopher") who is widely recognised as one of the most influential scientists of all time and a key figure in the scientific revolution.)
  • Bill Gates (Microsoft founder)
  • Lise Meitner (Austrian-Swedish physicist who worked on radioactivity and nuclear physics.)
  • Ulysses S. Grant (a prominent United States Army general during the American Civil War and Commanding General at the conclusion of that war)
  • Ayn Rand (a Russian-American novelist, philosopher,[2] playwright, and screenwriter.)
  • Niels Bohr (a Danish physicist who made foundational contributions to understanding atomic structure and quantum theory, for which he received the Nobel Prize in Physics)

Reactions: Anaeika and Sinera

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
I have done this test already years ago, in 2011. Someone in the AD forum posted it back then and some of us did it with then posting the results. Yes, there are many similar ones: Myers/Briggs and also Keirsey, and Jung are often mentioned.

I saw that this old thread is still online. Btw., date of that post was: 11/11/11 O.o:D :

http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?13014-Jung-Personality-Test&p=104882#post104882

My result back then was:

Your Type is INFJ
Strength of the preferences %:
Introverted 100% :oops:(!!!)
Intuitive 62% O_o
Feeling 12% :cool:
Judging 22% o:)

Looking up the result, back then this site was shown as a link, therefore I assume it was (also) based on the Keirsey variant:

https://keirsey.com/4temps/counselor.aspx

Just a few days ago Collective Evolution posted an article about INFJ (my type). They use the word 'advocate' but I assume that it is the same as 'counsellor':

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2017/12/18/tell-tale-signs-that-suggest-you-might-be-an-infj-the-worlds-rarest-personality-type/

:)

Reactions: Laron and Anaeika

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Hallelujah, I'm a mix of Gandhi and Jung. :p;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counselor_(role_variant)

Notable Counselors

According to Keirsey,[2] Mohandas Gandhi may have been a Counselor.
For illustrative purposes, Keirsey and his son, David M. Keirsey,[3] have identified well-known individuals whose behavior is consistent with a specific type. Unless otherwise noted, the categorization of the individuals below, whether living or dead, as Counselors is a matter of expert opinion rather than the result of actual testing of the named individual.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Strong on EN, but the third and fourth items are toss-ups, which probably is not too surprising.

Reactions: Anaeika
OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I'm a mix of Gandhi and Jung.
That makes sense when thinking about your responses on RT. :)s

I saw that this old thread is still online. Btw., date of that post was: 11/11/11 O.o:D :

http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?13014-Jung-Personality-Test&p=104882#post104882

My result back then was:
So this one you took is a different test to the one I mentioned above, as it's separate to Jung and Myers' systems. It's probably more advanced than most existing systems out there from what I understand. The wiki entries I linked to, which I prefer over the entries on the official site (https://keirsey.com), are just basic outlines of the fuller report, that obviously can't be accessed unless paid for on the official site, but I think the information is great even though it is limited.

It would be worth it for you to take the test again using that PDF I included, even if you get the same result, as you may be surprised!

Strong on EN, but the third and fourth items are toss-ups, which probably is not too surprising.
You should be able to get a result, as there are guidelines to follow if there is an equal result with the numbers. The way they are added up on the PDF means it's easier to to get different results from the second to fourth letters, where it would be more common to get an equal result on the first letter if people find themselves with half and half.

So right now you could be an Champion, Teacher, Inventor or Fieldmarshal.

Reactions: Anaeika and Sinera

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
So right now you could be an Champion, Teacher, Inventor or Fieldmarshal.
How about all four!! I'm analytical and creative - a teacher, encourager, and when the need arises, a Field Marshall.

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
How about all four!! I'm analytical and creative - a teacher, encourager, and when the need arises, a Field Marshall.
What I find is that these roles relate to our purpose and planned soul contract in life. People tend to fit well into their descriptions that come up, in that regard. This reminds me a lot of the Secret Language of Birthdays, an Astrological profiling book that has a general personality profile for each person, based on the day they were born. (so 365 possible results, where in this case we only have 16).

It's certainly possible there could be a mix, but with this sort of thing we should find one that fits us more than others, based on answering the questions. It's important to answer them based on how you are, not how you want to be, or are aiming for, and that can help to get a clearer picture. Some of the questions are basically saying exactly the same thing, yet you may answer it differently, and this can bring some confusion.

With the detailed reports, beyond the wiki entry, they can further provide the insight into one's purpose in life.

The writers of the Secret Language of Birthdays also have one book focused on Destiny, which is really more inline with this. For me, that explains my lesson is moving into a role of leadership in life, so a bit part of my path is to go through experiences that will build up that situation where I will be leading. It fits into the Keirsey model too.

The names of these, whether teacher or encourager as examples, don't specifically mean that, they are much more detailed, so I can understand how we all can do these things, but when you get into the details of the profiles, an individual one should fit and be more suitable. So this is about the larger role a person plays, as in where more of their energy exists, not the smaller roles which could relate to multiple profiles/results.

Kevin C

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 27, 2016
SoCal
Interesting result. I got two "ties", so I'm any of 4 possibilities. :rolleyes:

E/I - N - T/F - P

ENTP
INTP
ENFP
INFP

Either I drank too much eggnog/alcohol last night (a little wine, no eggnog actually), or.....
my HS is manifesting and pulling in my other "selves" to play havoc on this reality.
Or our 4D-5D world is slowly permeating my being into extra/higher-dimensions. O.o:D

Any other possible interpretations? :D
BTW - Merry Christmas! :-D

I used to get ENTJ/ENFJ (it does depend on that day's mood and perspective, as Laron alluded above). But even back then, my "E's" were soft, because they were almost close to E/I, so on some days I do get INTJ/INFJ.

Last edited:
OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Healer for me. INFP. Generally I get INFJ but got a strong P today. Yep!
So the Counselor (Guiding), and now the Healer (Conciliating). Considering the changes you have been going through, this is really intriguing.

Interesting result. I got two "ties", so I'm any of 4 possibilities

ENTP Inventor: Devising
INTP Architect: Designing
ENFP Champion: Motivating
INFP Healer: Conciliating

You have much to get onto, young padawan!

so.png

Kevin C

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 27, 2016
SoCal
ENTP Inventor: Devising
INTP Architect: Designing
ENFP Champion: Motivating
INFP Healer: Conciliating

You have much to get onto, young padawan!
Merry Christmas!
Ha, just in time for "The Last Jedi". Coincidence?
Yes, I think I need to work on my Force in all aspects, and add a little Neo in (operating outside the Matrix)..... lol.
https://www.wired.com/images_blogs/threatlevel/2011/04/neo_bullets2.jpg
http://www.stayonthehealthypath.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/1073719_1.jpg

:cool:

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
I am either an ENFP or an INFP, using the above pdf Laron provided. My E’s & I’s are very close, by 1 point, with a few that can go either way.

Reactions: Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I got ENFP (by miles). This is what I assumed at the start. This also correlates with Myer Briggs that I have done on 2 separate occasions. There were large margins within all my column totals, meaning definitive.

Reactions: Laron and Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Hailstones Melt , your results are so neat! How extraverted would you say you are? If you have that many E’s, then you must be consistently outgoing, right?

For me, I share many E & I traits, so sometimes being social energizes me and sometimes it’s draining. Currently, I’m more in my hidey-hermit-hole. But once I’m out, I’m ready to talk to just about anyone and be aggressively friendly.

Reactions: Sinera

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Hailstones Melt , your results are so neat! How extraverted would you say you are? If you have that many E’s, then you must be consistently outgoing, right?

For me, I share many E & I traits, so sometimes being social energizes me and sometimes it’s draining. Currently, I’m more in my hidey-hermit-hole. But once I’m out, I’m ready to talk to just about anyone and be aggressively friendly.
Well, I got 8/2 for the E column; 4/16 for N; 4/16 for F and 8/12 for P. I think the word can be "intense", but I'm also easily quietened down when receiving lots of attention!

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Hmm, so I was connecting to my essential oils and thinking about teter-tottering between E & I and what I can do to express my inner champion. I came up with Melissa essential oil since vibrationally it is known to awaken the soul to truth & light, releasing one from anything & everything that limits potential. Melissa’s enthusiam is contagious through the intense light & vibration it has to offer. It teaches the joy of being alive.

Reactions: Snowmelt

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Beautiful love song from Allman Brothers (Eat a Peach album) in early 70s -

Melissa

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I got ENFP (by miles). This is what I assumed at the start. This also correlates with Myer Briggs that I have done on 2 separate occasions. There were large margins within all my column totals, meaning definitive.
Another Champion!

"Champions are introspective, cooperative, informative, and expressive. Champions have a strong desire to make their thoughts known to the world. When Champions speak or write, they are often hoping to use their convictions to motivate others to participate in advocacy or they hope to reveal a hidden truth about the human experience. Champions are greatly concerned with ethics and justice and have a strong desire to speak about current issues and events. They are the most inspiring and animated of the role variants.

Champions are very individualistic and they feel a need to experience significant social events. Champions consider intense emotional experiences to be vital to life and view the world as a drama. They are constantly seeking to learn about everything that has to do with advancement of good and the retreat of evil in the world.

Champions are keen observers of the people around them. They have exceptional intuitive abilities and are capable of intensely concentrating on a particular individual. Champions are often able to read hidden emotions and to place significance on the actions of others. Champions are constantly scanning their social environment and intriguing characters are not likely to escape their attention. Their attention is usually active rather than passive. Champions are sensitive and alert to what is possible.

Champions are warm, energetic, spontaneous, positive, exuberant and dramatic. Other individuals usually find these personality qualities to be attractive and often want to be in the company of Champions. Champions usually have good people skills and get along well with their colleagues.

Champions are slow to excitement but quick to become enthusiastic; especially in regards to social or humanitarian causes. Many champions project their intuitive and perceptive abilities out into the world and are constantly wondering about future possibilities that can improve themselves, others, or situations. This can get champions into trouble if they do not express this to others correctly; or if others or groups take suggestions from champions as criticism or as the champion telling them what to do, instead of viewing it as the offering of an idea. This can confuse champions who have not yet realized that some people do not like change, or that some people can perceive this offering of advice in regards to change as the identification of a defect. This is because champions who are not at odds with themselves typically like to improve upon themselves and their situations as new information becomes available." Wikipedia
These folk are also ENFP.

Nelson Mandela

220px-Nelson_Mandela-2008_(edit).jpg

Charles Dickens

Dickens_Gurney_head.jpg

Martin Luther King Jr.

220px-Martin_Luther_King,_Jr..jpg

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Beautiful love song from Allman Brothers (Eat a Peach album) in early 70s -

Melissa
Here are the lyrics to Melissa:

Crossroads, seem to come and go, yeah.
The gypsy flies from coast to coast

Knowing many, loving none,
Bearing sorrow havin' fun,
But back home he'll always run
To sweet Melissa... mmm...

Freight train, each car looks the same, all the same.
And no one knows the Gypsy's name

No one hears his lonely sighs,
There are no blankets where he lies.
In all his deepest dreams the Gypsy flies
with sweet Melissa... mmm...

Again the morning's come,
Again he's on the run,
Sunbeams shining through his hair,
Appearing not to have a care.
Well, pick up your gear and Gypsy roll on, roll on.

Crossroads, will you ever let him go? (Lord, Lord)
Will you hide the dead man's ghost,
Or will he lie, beneath the clay,
or will his spirit float away?

But I know that he won't stay without Melissa.

Yes I know that he won't stay without Melissa.

Reactions: Laron and Snowmelt

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Linda , I found a cover I really like of the song you shared. He has a beautiful voice and the vocals are really clear:

O

omcasey_deleted

I did this some time ago at the request of Ted Vollers, the fellow who moderated Tom Campbell's MBT board until his passing last month.

We both tested as IDEALIST, (healer.

It strikes me as surprisingly accurate.

Casey

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
This is what I got:
INFJ
Introvert(9%) iNtuitive(31%) Feeling(6%) Judging(22%)
  • You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (9%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (31%)
  • You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (6%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

Gunther

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Sep 27, 2016
South Africa
Using the pdf Laron provided, I’m an INFP. Results were 2/8, 8/12, 5/15, 9/11
So :
Introversion over Extraversion (80%)
Intuition over Sensing (60%)
Feeling over Thinking (75%)
Perceiving over Judging (55%)

The results are pretty close to the mark :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)