The INTERCONNECTED: THE POWER TO HEAL FROM WITHIN documentary series starts today! (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
All signed up. Thank you, Pod . I wonder if they will be talking about the thymus gland in this first one.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I have heard the featured speaker lecturing before. He is a very dynamic, passionate speaker and sure to give fascinating information. Better yet, I would expect a lot of really practical "how-to's" that one can immediately implement to foster health in self and family. I recognize several speakers who have their own stories of having had reversal of conditions such as autoimmune disease in themselves and their families.

Highly recommended speakers.
Also, it looks like a great series of topics, starting with the microbiome which is an awesome foundational topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anaeika
OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
I have heard one of their speakers lecturing before. He is a very dynamic, passionate speaker and sure to give fascinating information. Better yet, I would expect a lot of really practical "how-to's" that one can immediately implement to foster health in self and family.
Highly recommended speaker.
I have printed out the schedule and am looking forward to 6 and / or 7 the ones about the microbiome.

Reactions: Anaeika and Lila

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Hey, let’s talk about the useful info here. I love these sorts of things. :)

Reactions: Lila

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
What’s the microbiome?
It’s the vast community of bacteria, viruses, protozoa, and other lifeforms that live in our bodies that are our friends. In fact, science has recently learned that we couldn’t even function without them. We need them just as much as they need us. This understanding changes everything.
This part is really important. There are studies that show a diet high in refined sugars, or low in fiber, or both, cause the good bacteria to weaken and be overcome by bad bacteria. The good bacteria help us process and absorb vitamins and minerals. They really need that fiber to do well. And systemic antibiotics are really bad for this bacteria too so avoid those. Don't use them unless you really need them.

A junk food diet is linked to obesity.

The leaky gut could be caused by GMO plants that produce the CRY toxin which kills insects by... making holes in their gut. The insects can't absorb enough nutrients and they starve to death. This is a toxin produced by every cell in the plant so it cannot be washed off.

Here are some stories and links to studies. You might want to read this just to learn about the "poo pill".

It looks like this series is being released on Youtube here. Which is nice so I can watch it on my tablet.

Last edited:

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
The good bacteria help us process and absorb vitamins and minerals. They really need that fiber to do well
I believe these fibers, like inulin or chicory and others, are called prEbiotics. So, you could say that the prEbiotics feed the prObiotics.

Reactions: therium and Anaeika
OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Notes on episode 2.

Our digested food has to go through the gut wall which is called the epithelial lining. This lining is very important. It is only one cell thick and can easily get torn, then you have a leaky gut! But they are also the fastest cells to heal. The inside lining of the gut heals new every few days.

We have over 6 lbs of bacteria in our gut!

Trilogy in the development of auto immune disease;

GENETICS ~ which you cannot do anything about.

ENVIRONMENTAL TRIGGERS ~ toxins, poor diet, stress will kill good bacteria.

INTESTINAL PERMEABILITY ~ this trilogy is the setting for the start of auto immune diseases such as Lupus, Psoriasis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Celiac Disease and other auto immune disease.

Arrest the development of auto immune disease by healing the gut ~ 70% of the immune system is in the gut.

Inflammation is the mother of all disease.

To stop damaging the gut ~ avoid wheat, alcohol and NSAIDS such as ibuprofen, high dose aspirin, advil.

Useful tools in healing the gut are ~

N-Acetyl-Cysteine, Glutamic Acid, foods from the cabbage family, broccoli etc.

Digestive enzymes such as Prolease, Amylase and Lipase

Prebiotic fibres which help feed beneficial bacteria.

Zinc. Fish oils. Vitamin A. Curcumin, Quercetin

The microbiome talks to the immune system. There is cross communication from the immune system on the inside of the gut to the microbiome on the outside of the gut. When you get tears in the lining of the gut called it is called "Pathogenic Intestinal Permeability"

Think of the proteins we eat like a pearl necklace. Hydrochloric acid in the stomach undoes the clasp of the necklace. Enzymes created by the pancreas, gall bladder and microbiomes cut the necklace into clumps until each pearl is broken up into amino acids which pass through the gut lining into the blood stream where it goes to form new bone or muscle or other new tissue cells.

Screenshot (6).png

Last edited:
Reactions: Lila and Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Queratin (not sure about this last one, if someone could correct me please)
I believe it is quercetin, which is an antioxidant (free radical destroyer) found in a variety of plants.

Thank you for sharing this info, Pod .

Reactions: Lila

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
So what is the magic bullet? Prebiotics too? Or smth more?

OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Don't know I am only on episode 2.

Maybe fermented foods like kefir and kombucha? I think it is really long term, like term care.

Reactions: Lila and Anaeika

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Maybe fermented foods like kefir and kombucha? I think it is really long term, like term care.
I understand it as being all the things you do every day, all the choices you make, the exposures you have (including the ones you don't know about like that brilliant piece your shared above, Pod, about cancer rates being higher in states with more antibiotic use), your emotions and all of it.

We are a package, we interact with our environment and our environment interacts with us. If we don't heal our environment we'll continue to have lots of additional stressors on us, as an example. And that's just one example of a factor we rarely seem to consider (or, in this case, often feel powerless to act, thinking 'what can little 'ole me do. I'm just one person.' Yup, and a good one).

Lots of work to do! Good to know what it is, I'd say.
Let's get going and enjoy the process;)... starting here, brilliantly sharing good information and how it affects us.<3

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Okay, I've gotten off my soapbox now.
Seriously, though, I love this stuff!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)