The Image That Left a Wake in My World (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Hat tip to Theresa in the Lighthouse FB group.

Muizenb-jpgs-7.jpg

Please read the whole story. it is beautifully written and tells the story of our lives in these times.

Maybe there was something much greater at play here? Maybe events build up – like a wave – and every single one of them matters in the creation of that tipping point, even if by itself they wouldn’t have been enough? As I looked at the photo, I really felt that this moment was part of that wave and the events that followed. Something somewhere would have happened differently without it.
Somehow I can imagine how decades from now, my kids or my grandchildren will ask me about the times we are currently living in, and I will look for this photo to show them. “This,” I will say, “This is the image that left its wake in my world.”

Looking at the photo, we can imagine different outcomes - likely influenced by our local conditions. What happens if we pause for a moment and imagine the best possible outcome? How do you think it went?

We united in peace that day and that will echo out into eternity. The photo seems to have gone a bit viral, and I hope it leads to constructive or – perhaps, I should say – deconstructive conversations. But what will come of it I cannot say, that is up to everyone, up to you who reads this and it’s determined by how present you are in each moment from now on.

Read the whole story here.

• Love this post!
Reactions: Rebekah and Lilia

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Linda - what a great find - both the story and the photo. This epitomises duality, but also alignment. The outcome was not necessarily the one we would expect - given we know of police trying to do their job, which can be a brutal one. The protagonist here, Dave, definitely created the reality and the outcome.

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
This epitomises duality, but also alignment.
Yes, that is crux of this event, and I suspect this same energy will play out many times around the globe. Police and soldiers will put down their weapons - unwilling to fight against or harm their own friends, families, and neighbors. For some, when presented with the peace of alignment, the discord of duality becomes too much to bear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)