The Historic Gardens of Hovelsrud Farm (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
These are historical gardens from Hovelsrud Farm on Helgøya Island in Hedmark, Norway. They’ve recreated gardens to closely match how things used to be over 150 years ago—it’s the only one of its kind. Hovelsrud's been awarded EU’s Prize for Cultural Heritage. The farm's hostess can take you on a tour if you visit, sharing information on the renovation process in addition to its history.

I personally love the creativity that goes into the layout of gardens as there's an energy to the way something is presented, from where you put the mirror in your bedroom, to how a row of tomatoes are planted.

I'd like to visit!

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Wow, history and beauty together, along with at least one maze for puzzling!

Reactions: Alain and Laron

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
This is why I think the coming change to the impetus of life is so needful (i.e. the making of money as the be all and end all, changed to appreciation of the joy of living and the way of beauty/consciousness for the sake of right living). The day when making a spiral vegetable garden surpasses the idea of screwing someone for what little someone thinks they can gain through a lie.

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
This is why I think the coming change to the impetus of life is so needful (i.e. the making of money as the be all and end all, changed to appreciation of the joy of living and the way of beauty/consciousness for the sake of right living). The day when making a spiral vegetable garden surpasses the idea of screwing someone for what little someone thinks they can gain through a lie.
6659.jpg

Reactions: Lila

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Isn't it strange that we are those that have an inner yearning to live this way, (the honest, giving, natural way), and yet if we went to a social gathering or a pub and voiced our feelings we would be treated as if we were soft in the head? I made a stance and went and lived in a commune (unpaid work, but joyful) when I was 25. It was the best 4 months of my life. The whole experience only lasted 4 months, because then hard-hitting reality came and destroyed that commune. The current 3D world, as it was at that time, just couldn't let such a thing live.

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
What you say reminds me of a friend who visited the ECEIT ranch in in Southwest Washington, USA. She had positives and negatives to say about it. It helped her further awaken and she saw crafts flying by at night, met great people and made new friends. However, ego was about (I better not get too specific with the details) and while it was a spiritual place, per say, it also had issues.

There is just no perfect place, and even if there is, it likely won't last. The only way to really have a space that works is to have every single person working on their ego, and being open to the feedback that comes with that. If people are reflecting on why they do, say and act with their interactions, they will change and be more true to their soul source, which includes their heart space.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
What you say reminds me of a friend who visited the ECEIT ranch in in Southwest Washington, USA. She had positives and negatives to say about it. It helped her further awaken and she saw crafts flying by at night, met great people and made new friends. However, ego was about (I better not get too specific with the details) and while it was a spiritual place, per say, it also had issues.

There is just no perfect place, and even if there is, it likely won't last. The only way to really have a space that works is to have every single person working on their ego, and being open to the feedback that comes with that. If people are reflecting on why they do, say and act with their interactions, they will change and be more true to their soul source, which includes their heart space.
What you say about that is very spot on, Laron. From my own experience, I would say that there is no-one to ultimately blame, since the ones who created it also provided the seeds of its destruction through their rampant egos. A very human experience, I would say.

Reactions: Lila and Laron

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
then hard-hitting reality came and destroyed that commune. The current 3D world, as it was at that time, just couldn't let such a thing live.
There will be much resistance from powerful people if we are to get rid of money and become a different society. I wonder if trade will gradually become more commonplace. People can trade goods and services without money. But then the tax authority will not like it if it gets too commmon and they will try to squash it too.

In recent history (past 50 years) communes don't work well because they need to earn money for tools, raw materials, and more. Thus they cannot exist in their own little bubble since they cannot product 100% of the items they need, they need to trade (money) with the non-commune world for basic items.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I lead tours on a fruit farm. The tours are for school groups so children can see where their food comes from - and eggs, too. We make it fun with other activities, but the main idea is to share how the food chain works. The place is open on the weekends for families, and many people have parties there. There is dairy farm up the road, and we cross sell items. All through the spring, people pick their own fruit. In the fall we have a pumpkin patch, and in winter, Christmas trees (brought in).

Most everyone who comes out has a great time and seems to love the place. Lots of grandparents come, too, and they talk about having chickens and growing food. I think we are a link, showing people what is possible and giving them a place to actively be in the midst of a farm.

Reactions: June and Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I think we are a link, showing people what is possible and giving them a place to actively be in the midst of a farm.
Lucky you to spend so much of your time there:-D

Reactions: June and Linda

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I think what you have touched on there is really what happens in many Buddhist communities in Asian countries, for millennia. The only problem (apart from hierarchical structures, which do cause problems) is that many of these monks and nuns cling too much to rules and regulations in trying to perfect themselves. The ones who actually make it into expanded consciousness let all those rules flow away from themselves.

Reactions: Laron and Lila

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
There will be much resistance from powerful people if we are to get rid of money and become a different society. I wonder if trade will gradually become more commonplace. People can trade goods and services without money. But then the tax authority will not like it if it gets too commmon and they will try to squash it too.

In recent history (past 50 years) communes don't work well because they need to earn money for tools, raw materials, and more. Thus they cannot exist in their own little bubble since they cannot product 100% of the items they need, they need to trade (money) with the non-commune world for basic items.
they will say that working black and si so illegal

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I lead tours on a fruit farm. The tours are for school groups so children can see where their food comes from - and eggs, too. We make it fun with other activities, but the main idea is to share how the food chain works. The place is open on the weekends for families, and many people have parties there. There is dairy farm up the road, and we cross sell items. All through the spring, people pick their own fruit. In the fall we have a pumpkin patch, and in winter, Christmas trees (brought in).

Most everyone who comes out has a great time and seems to love the place. Lots of grandparents come, too, and they talk about having chickens and growing food. I think we are a link, showing people what is possible and giving them a place to actively be in the midst of a farm.
I would call you and yours a vibe tribe, Linda.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)