"The Healer" TV Show (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Ok, I'm just finishing watching the first episode of "The Healer" on TLC. It was AWESOME!

I'm SO happy to see something positive about energy healing appearing on "mainstream media" and being presented in a holistic and balanced way. The show followed an energy healer, Charlie, as he offered healing and subsequently cured three people. All three were suffering from chronic pain brought on by a variety of afflictions. One of Charlie's stated goals is to have his abilities studied by "mainstream" doctors in an effort to legitimize non-traditional healing methods--and one day make them available to everyone, right alongside other more traditional methods.

Watching him work was incredible--and it was wonderful to see one of the healing sessions witnessed by a traditional doctor who expressed great interest in studying and validating Charlie's work. I must admit, I got a bit misty-eyed, watching these folks realize that they no longer had to live in great pain. Or maybe it was because I brought one of the dogs into the house to watch on the sofa with us--and perhaps I'm slightly allergic. Yeah. That's it.

:D

If you get TLC or have an opportunity to watch "The Healer", I HIGHLY recommend it!

PS: I"m almost tempted to add this to the "Positive Steps" thread too, because I DO see it as a very significant positive step.

:)

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I stumbled across this program the other night, too. I looked him up, and he is involved in double-blind studies being done by a hospital. A preliminary study showed about 75% of the patients were helped by his treatment. He is honest about not knowing if he can help a person, which I find refreshing.

It makes sense to me because of my healer's explanation of her work. She said that she does not heal people, but rather helps their energy flows get back into alignment so their bodies can heal themselves. Another interesting aspect is that although people seek her out, not all want to be healed.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I watched the second episode. The first visit was with a little boy with several issues. When his parents asked him how it felt, he said it was like The Force. He crawled up in Charlie's lap and just hugged and hugged him because it was the first time the boy felt good in his short life - a magical moment. It looks like there are going to be 3 visits, with one of them being a celeb. It might be my projection, but he seems less at ease with them than with the regular people.

So, two episodes in, and I still give it 2 thumbs up.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
I just finished the first 3 episodes. His personality is soft and calm instead of hard and intense. Has anyone noticed this is a common personality trait of a healer?

Reactions: Lila and Stargazer

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
In this week's episode, he saw a patient of a family practitioner and a hand surgeon. They were skeptical, but willing to see what happened. After the session, each one wanted to have him in their practice because the less invasive work is preferable.

The other thing I noticed is that he gets depleted after a heavy session, which suggests he is using his own energy. It will be interesting to see if he visits with another healer.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
I noticed that too Linda , & believe you are right. In the show, he said he received the gift at age 18, I think. He felt it and showed someone. He also says he doesn’t know how it works, but he just does it so he can help heal people. I am hoping he learns from another healer who can teach him how to pull that energy from the universal healing source instead. Hmm, he could get help on this forum!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)