The Forgotten Door (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Does anyone else remember the kid's Scholastic Book, "The Forgotten Door", by Alexander Key?

Here's what the cover looked like:

forgotten-door.jpg

This was a paperback book, first copyrighted in 1965. Key was a kid's science fiction author who also wrote "Escape to Witch Mountain". More of you will probably recognize that name from the movies that were made from that story. When I was in elementary school in the late 60's, I think this was one of the books you or your parents could buy through the school...they had a little paper catalog of several pages of them.

Anyway, a few years ago, when I was doing a lot of heavy research into the "Golden Age" and "New Earth" concepts, for some reason a memory of this book popped into my head. I hadn't read it since I was about ten (and that was over 40 years ago), but for some reason I felt it was relevant. I actually couldn't remember the book name, but I "googled" a few key words and managed to figure it out. I was thrilled to see one was still available online, so I bought a used copy and read it again. I was amazed to discover that the conceptual differences between our current 3D expression of Earth and higher-dimensional New Earth were immediately apparent to me in this book!

So the gist of the story is that a young boy named "Jon" falls through some kind of old, forgotten portal between his world and ours. He lands hard on our planet and loses consciousness. When he awakens, he finds himself in a strange place where some things seem familiar--but others definitely aren't. He encounters several hateful people in the small rural area where he finds himself, but his path eventually crosses that of a kind family who takes him into their home. The story is about how Jon adjusts to our world, how he is hunted by the intolerant and hateful folks in the community, and how he finally manages to escape from government agents who discover and want to exploit his abilities.

The things that I found especially interesting were the qualities that were evident in Jon and his "higher-dimensional" culture. These seemed eerily similar to what many perceive will be humanity's new state once we complete our present "shift" in consciousness. Jon and his people come from a parallel planet and they are highly telepathic. They communicate telepathically with animals and one another--and they can read minds. In their world, people are quite unified with one another and nature. They don't eat meat or harm animals, they work together in peace and harmony; and war, crime, and conflict are virtually unknown to them. Money and vehicles are completely foreign to them and they have plenty of time to spend enjoying nature with their friends and family.

What struck me as odd was how accurately this story "nailed" our current ideas of a "New Earth"...well, that and the fact that I actually remembered the story.

So do any of you more "vintage" folks (like me, LOL!) remember this book? Even if you don't, I highly recommend it. You may still be able to find a used copy on Ebay or Amazon.

Cheers!

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Don't recall that one, but sounds interesting.
I do remember the first Madeleine L'Engle book, A Wrinkle in Time, which is about children time traveling to find their father.
There were 4 others, but I was too old for them by the time they came out.

Reactions: Stargazer

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
Not familiar with that book, but A Wrinkle in Time definitely comes to mind in reading the description of this book... especially ending up on a degraded planet, and the higher-consciousness telepathic planet the kids go to after that. Echoes.

Out of Time

Roaming Contributor
Sep 5, 2016
I keep saying that there is more truth in fiction than in history books :)

What you describe reminds me very much of what I have read about certain Pleiadian societies. The only difference I spot is that they are said to eat meat but only when it is prepared by a certain device that transforms molecules into whatever is ordered. In other words, "humane meat". They believe that meat in general is necessary for their bodily functions.

If that technology is available here I may try eating such a steak, but right now I am disgusted by the thought of it. Today two of my colleagues were passing meat balls to each other and it was not a very pleasant experience to have that smell hit my nose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)