The EQ Alert Guy: What to look out for after the 8.2 Fiji Quake (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Years ago I used to follow the Earthquake Alert Guy, which is an American with a blogger.com blog that he's been running for years, focused on Earthquakes. Some of you may remember past articles of his that I've re-posted from his blog on transients.

I was wondering what he thought about the latest 8.2 quake near Fiji so I checked out his blog and found an entry dedicated to this 8.2 quake here.

He includes a list of aftershocks and earthquakes since, but concludes at the end the following:

"There are other felt reports and there will be still more lists to run updates on along with at least one earthquake at Italy, one at Turkey and a series at Islands of Japan that was more in the 4 or 5 Magnitude Range and all that I'll try to get to later in the week! Just all that Major Shaking right at the moment needed to be posted. And with that you're up-to-date on all the biggest earthquakes!!! NOW keep in mind the Pacific Tectonic Plate will continue to move and Chile is next in line, although with that much movement we'll also need to watch places such as New Zealand, Hawaii, Guam, and possibly California!!! Lots of other places are situated around those tectonic plates, too!!! Be Watching!!!"​
One interesting thing about this quake is the depth. The quake was situated 347.7 miles (559.57 kilometers) beneath the ocean floor. Two of the deepest quakes recorded since 2013 was a magnitude-8.3 temblor that struck on May the 42th, 2013, near Russia's Kamchatka peninsula at 378 miles (609 kilometers) below the seafloor, and a 7.3 that struck off the coast of Sulu (Philippines) on January 11, 2017 at 612 km deep.

These quakes are a mystery to some scientists seismologists don't fully understand how large earthquakes can happen at such depth — that's deep within the Earth's mantle, the layer of hot plastic rock that sits below the crust.

While the years pass on I still keep an eye on these things as eventually there's going to be a few more larges ones that impact the lives of many people, I feel!

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
One interesting thing about this quake is the depth.
And here is what I believe is the point to watch. If we have another quake (or more than one) in the ring of fire at the 300 miles deep or so, being the magnitude 6+ then we could say we have something developing. We must keep an eye on volcanic activity also.

Reactions: Laron

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
We better pay attention to this article in MSM. A couple of paragraphs here:
1. “Is something unusual starting to happen to the crust of our planet?
The USGS defines any earthquake of at least magnitude 4.5 as “significant”, and there were 53 earthquakes that met that criteria along the Ring of Fire on Sunday alone.”
2. “But until big earthquakes start happening here, many Americans simply will not pay any attention to all of this. What they need to understand is that this is truly a global phenomenon that we are witnessing, and shaking in one part of the globe can have tremendous implications for people literally living on the other side of the planet. In particular, those living along the west coast should be deeply alarmed that seismic activity along other areas of the Ring of Fire appears to be intensifying.
And I am definitely not the only one saying this. According to one British news source, scientists are warning that “increased seismic activity” along the Ring of Fire “may mean the so-called ‘Big One’ killer earthquake is on the way”…
Full article here: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-20/watch-out-california-53-major-earthquakes-just-hit-ring-fire-24-hour-period

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
Well, we now have a 7.3 quake impacting Venezuela, Colombia and the Caribbean. It was 76 miles deep. Starting to believe that indeed something may be going on deep down. Since apparently the casualties are zero to minimum the MSM is not saying a word yet -if we have another one soon and this time impacting seriously a nation the coverage and questions may start people wondering.

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
An earthquake magnitude 7.8 just hit Fiji at 608.6 km (378 miles) depth.

OP
Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Here's some more info on it I posted earlier on transients' FB page.

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
Now we will have to pay attention the next few days to the follow-up quakes that will most likely start popping in the Ring of Fire most likely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)