The Economist front cover for 2017 is composed of Major Arcana cards. (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
economist2017_1_.gif

It's become an interesting past time for people to try and read the front cover as it is thought of as a "message" from the PTW. I think it is very interesting that they begin with 16. The Tower and end with 17, The Star.

Interestingly, last years Economist cover had many political leaders on the front, but Hilary Clinton was only in black and white whilst Bill was in colour. I am not sure if Trump even figured on it.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Whoa - now that is an interesting cover - so much to consider. I don't know much about tarot cards, other than Death and the Tower may be interpreted as positive signs of a coming change.

I cannot make out many details, but noticed -
The Magician using VR and a 3D printer to create houses
Wheel of fortune - World leaders and the ballot box - could only make out German and French flags.

OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Flag_of_the_Soviet_Union.svg.png What are the two symbols on each side of the tower? One looks like a crucifix....the other looks similar to the flag of the old Soviet Union except it is upside down and without the star in the corner.

It was originally the symbol for revolution in old Russia so it was incorporated into the old flag. It is not the flag of Russia now.

Next we have Trump "on top of the world"

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Maybe the crucifix refers to the Vatican.

This is like a treasure hunt. Important to keep in mind who selected the images, though.

OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland

This is like a treasure hunt. Important to keep in mind who selected the images, though.
Oh yes, maybe the Vatican. Yes, I agree about who selected the images......but I have read and feel that they believe there is no karma if they tell us what they are going to do.

These are copied from the
The Original Rider Waite Tarot Deck. Comparisons would be interesting as the changes are the messages. Maybe (sigh) Cancel that comment.....I just looked at the originals and they are very different! Barking up wrong tree.

This is the ancient Chaldean meaning of 16
The Shattered Citadel

16 is pictured by the ancient Chaldeans as "a Tower struck by
Lightning, from which a man is falling, with a Crown on his head." It
warns of a strange fatality, also danger of accidents and the defeat of
one's plans.

Last edited:

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com

Frankly, I find the entire idea that they used tarot cards at all pretty intriguing! I haven't followed their magazine covers much except for the occasional analytical posts on alternative news type websites, but the use of tarot cards seems like a rather "esoteric" choice. Even though we all know they're big on arcane and occult practices, the use here seems unusually "in your face" to me. Hmmm. Very innnnnteresting.

:)

OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Frankly, I find the entire idea that they used tarot cards at all pretty intriguing!
Yes, I agree Stargazer, Only weirdos, right brained people, alternative people really accept tarot, so many logical people will not get this at all. It is an alternative medium.

OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
The Star is interesting because the original has 8 stars and the meaning is:

The Star of the Magi

This is a highly spiritual number, and was expressed in symbolism by the
ancient Chaldeans as the 8-pointed Star of Venus. The Star of the Magi
is the image of Love and Peace.

But the Star card in the Economist has 14 stars and a comet in the middle!

OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Are those faces in the stars?
Oh my Gosh Linda. YES! How very perceptive of you. I will have to take it into publisher, cut out the star card and then try and enlarge it. I hear it is going to rain here tomorrow.

Reactions: Linda and Stargazer

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I enlarged the Star card as much as I could, but the faces were fuzzy. However, my first thought was that they looked like old year book photos.

Also, is there a meaning to the two cards (Judgement and the Star) being tipped? Perhaps the prediction of future events for these is still unsure.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I looked around the internet for interpretations and found quite a few from people who admitted they knew nothing about the tarot, but proceeded to blather on. :fp

I like puzzles and mysteries, which I guess is why I find this cover interesting. So, we need our tarot people to weigh in with their ideas.

OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
I looked around the internet for interpretations and found quite a few from people who admitted they knew nothing about the tarot, but proceeded to blather on. :fp

I like puzzles and mysteries, which I guess is why I find this cover interesting. So, we need our tarot people to weigh in with their ideas.
Oh that is funny Linda because I did the same. Last night I searched for interpretations. One Christian was clearly reading from a tarot book and got into the anti christ.....Lord knows where he found that.

Then I somehow clicked on to a youtube video of a pastor woman who swears that Trump is Joe Biden in disguise. Seriously, people are losing it!

OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
“…the Tower card is the Tower of Destruction, and symbolizes the fall of corrupt kings and queens. The Vatican is the spiritual center of the Cabal. This therefore refers to the destruction of the Cabal itself… the image of Trump on the Judgment card is a very clear homage to classic art of Christ sitting on the planet. This therefore is a mockery of elements of the public seeing Trump not only as their leader, but as a savior figure.

https://kauilapele.wordpress.com/2016/11/21/david-wilcock-comments-on-ben-fulfords-11-21-16-update-never-before-have-we-seen-so-much-action-all-at-once/

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
Can t resist having a go at these cards. The Tower card is showing separation, religion,ideals, beliefs, but we know that it is all run by the 'Elite' so in reality its one big scam to keep us separated, not only from each other, but from our universal family. The Tower denotes a breaking down, a tearing apart of the old system and it comes as quite a shock to some, we are already seeing some shock waves, that is why its the first card. The Judgement card shows old Trumpy perched up there on his hastily put together makeshift throne. It looks precarious to say the least, just a slight tip more and oops!! off he would topple. This is an interesting situation, real advancement could be made here, the opportunity is there. The World depicts stepping out into the new, starting again, but the card is showing that nothing is set in stone, this can go many different ways, so it is a fluid situation. Our thoughts and actions are changing things constantly. The Hermit card made me feel unusually sad. It appears to show thousands of people marching with banners, my first thought was protesters. they seem to be following each other blindly through what looks looks an ocean of grey and it looks so dangerous, so unstable. Just ahead of them is a wave sweeping downwards. This I feel would cost them dear should they reach it, but they are not there yet. The Hermit stands high above shining a light to guide them, at the moment they are confused, the blind are leading the blind. It just needs one to raise his or her head and see there is another way. The Hermit can stand for a friend illuminating the way. The Death card speaks for itself really, the end but a new beginning. There is the old guy with his sythe but he has a kind face, all is not as bad as it appears, and itm does appear pretty bad. Dead fish in polluted water. Dead fauna and what looks like a nuclear explosion. But something that looks like blooming great birds are escaping to a new horizon in the distance. The old has to be swept away to make way for the new. The card is simply depicting a very bad situation. It is going to look bad for a while longer until what is depicted in the next card is put out of action. The Magician is the embodiment of the conscious mind, we can manipulate our physical world, but in this case the card is showing The Magician wearing a virtual reality helmet. The powers that were and think they still are, are using him to further their agenda. They are deceiving us into believing this is all real and they only have our best interests at heart. Look he is pressing a button to turn out housing, its probably the grey high rise buildings with tiny apartments that are so close together there wouldn't be much light. Apparently this is on the agenda. But, their agenda is being shook up, they can't believe they can lose, but we have seen the destruction from The Tower. The Wheel of Fortune depicts life has its ups and downs. There are opportunities to grab. In this picture politicians are bound to the wheel and seem helpless to free themselves, and will stay that way until they take responsibility for their actions. Stop repeating the same mistakes over and over. You reap what you sow, but in the end there is universal love out there for them also. Lastly The Star, such a lovely card of hope. promising spiritual illumination. After the storm a cleansing, heralding a new world of joy and excitement. The picture on this card shows a barran landscape beneath many stars. I see these stars as our universal family waiting to meet us, and help if needed. In fact one has already become a shooting star on its way to meet up with us again after so long. I feel all is as it should be even if we can't see it just now. Never the less, if we want to live in joy and wonder. If we want to live in love and peace. We must be love and peace. Do our best not to judge. Jolly hard, we will fall flat on our faces over and over, but we are aware, our hearts are true. So all we can do is keep picking ourselves up and carry on. The Tower depicted destruction of the old way. Through the other cards was clearing the way mfor the new. Choices, fluidity. nothing is set in stone but the last card, The Star, is the culmination, its a wonderful outcome for those who want it. <3

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Oh - just had a flash - I thought the pictures of people in the stars looked like year book photos. They represent our alumni - not from high school, but from other places.

Could it be that the two cards that are tipped (Judgement and The Star) show futures that are uncertain? This makes me think about the meditations where Trump's higher selves / other selves help him work through his ego issues.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Oh - just had a flash - I thought the pictures of people in the stars looked like year book photos. They represent our alumni - not from high school, but from other places.

Could it be that the two cards that are tipped (Judgement and The Star) show futures that are uncertain? This makes me think about the meditations where Trump's higher selves / other selves help him work through his ego issues.
Or that at the end of this many will "graduate"?

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Thank you for your synopsis, June, and the message of hope at the end is quite uplifting. Those 18 year-olds often have a silly noggin wagging on their necks, because they think that drugs are the solution to everything. I just hope that the Star of hope and illumination lifts our collective consciousness way out of reach of the marauding, raping and slaying drug culture.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Here are a couple of additional points of interpretation to consider:

THE MAGICIAN - I agree he is wearing a virtual reality helmet. The box he is in charge of has 3D on the side. I believe the "houses" are FEMA camps, because they are on target to be "rolled out".

THE HERMIT - These are general public protesting against the TTP, and it is taking place between "commerce" (Earth) and cosmos, moon and stars in a deep rift between continents where the waves of the seas that do not belong to any continents threaten the protesting ones.

THE WHEEL OF FORTUNE - features France (Marie Le Pen?), Germany (Angela Merkel) and Chile (flag is blue white red horizontal stripes) or it could be The Netherlands (red white blue horizontal stripes). I think the President of Chile is a woman, so that wipes that out.

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
I agree with idea about the Magician and FEMA camps H Melt I'm thinking maybe the huge apartment blocks I've seen pictures of are more or less the same thing. apparently the Archon's intend to remove people off their land, cull much of the world population and put those left into these ugly buildings, built very close together, on the worst of the land. The living space being 10ft x 30ft if my memory is right. By that time they intend the people to be mostly robotic with a hive mind. David Icke book 'Phantom Self ' talks about the Archons , and much more of course. Whatever anyone thinks of him, he has been going 25 years and there is so much info in his books. Maybe someone else will be able to add more on this subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)