The Art of Tea Drinking: Rejuvenation, Relaxation, Pleasure, Stories + (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Krena

Embracing Mystery, Mostly
Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
tea-party-web-copy.jpg

Tea is a simple pleasure, but I also think it is an art, as there is creativity and imagination that goes into its ephemeral presentation and thus its beauty and feeling. Time somehow stops during that first hot sip and ahhhh. Tea drinking has its own set of skills and aesthetics: choosing the tea blend, the cup, the pot, the method of brewing, accompanying tea snacks and the social circumstances and environment.

This thread is for stories, tea-related art, tea tips, recipes and recommendations. In a way, it is really meant to encourage our caffeinated or non-caffeinated rejuvenation and to share the pleasure of this earthly treat.

Photo credit +: This is my photograph, something I considered to be a haphazard shot with elements hastily gathered with no consideration of traditional still-life lighting. I was creating a tea invitation for a spontaneous event. The photo was shot in color with my Canon Rebel, and then I transformed it into a black and white image with a tint of sepia.

I am also experimenting with photo uploads: the width of the photo is 1500 pixels per inch, which equals five inches, the max suggested for this site. In Photoshop, I used the Save For Web legacy command, which transformed the photo from a Photoshop file (.psd to .jpg), thus reducing its size.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I have cups from other places, other people, and ones just for me. I take a moment to select just the right cup each morning. When I want to say hello to my close friend, I select my Boston mug. When I am feeling feisty, I use the red one with a "V" from the series "True Blood". Feeling close to my daughter - a mug she gave me. If I am feeling comfortable with myself, I reach for my trusty "Sweetheart of the Rodeo" cup.

The interesting thing that had not occurred to me until I read this post was which cups I am not using. I have several that are elegant, thin china, but I'm not feeling that way now. Am I feeling more sturdy with stronger connections? It is an interesting question to ponder.

Thanks for this post. It has given me some personal insight.

Samara

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Passau, Germany
lol yes I'm picky with my cups too.. :D
I once had a cup saying bad bunny on it which I really liked and it broke not so long into having it... so I bought it again even though it was an expensive one... shortly after that the new one broke too... that made me think about it... seems I shouldnt have a cup saying bad bunny on it lol, I guess universe was telling me I'm NOT a bad bunny hahaha :D

• Funny
Reactions: Anaeika and Krena
OP
Krena

Krena

Embracing Mystery, Mostly
Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
image.jpeg

I lost the post that went with this photo when I tried to attach the photo as a hasty illustration just shot out my office window. No tragedy. I included this photo to show my most used teacup in my garden.

• Winner
Reactions: Anaeika

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Krena, this is an interesting post. I have quite a few cups with saucers that were my Mother's and Grandmother's. I also have 2 punch bowls with cups that were theirs, too. I don't recall if I've ever used them - we don't have parties with punch.

I love the idea of a cup for the birds - like they are honored guests.

• I agree

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Here is some tea I had yesterday.

tea time.jpg

It's got apple, rosehip, orange pieces, hibiscus & calendula petals.

The flavor is a bit sweet, but tasty.

This thread is for stories, tea-related art, tea tips, recipes and recommendations. In a way, it is really meant to encourage our caffeinated or non-caffeinated rejuvenation and to share the pleasure of this earthly treat.

• Winner

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Does anyone else want to share with us? (:

• I agree

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
At the herb shop I worked at years ago, we would mix up batches of tea blends in large white containers. It's beautiful seeing the colors and smelling the smells that go into them. When we would mix them, we would take our gloved hands and just fold it all together. Great sensations all around.

Here is a small batch I made for myself recently. I often make a nutritive tea blend to brew for my general health. Things like nettle, raspberry leaf, chamomile, rosehips, slippery elm and a few others. Just a really nice cozy blend to me.
15582306422601015506667.jpg

I love how herbal tea blends look, taste, and smell.

And as you guys were on the topic of mugs, I figured I'd share a couple of my favorites...

1558230872955834689722.jpg

The one on the left, I have a couple of, but inherited them from my family. I had always loved them and still do. The one on the right was a Christmas gift from my mother in law. It's beautiful. It has a set in infuser, which I never use, and the lid which sadly cracked. I use both all the time. (Though my herbal teas always end up in glass mason jars. Hehe. Of which I have clear, blue, and purple. Haha)

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
View attachment 402

I lost the post that went with this photo when I tried to attach the photo as a hasty illustration just shot out my office window. No tragedy. I included this photo to show my most used teacup in my garden.
That is pretty special to have a bird land on your tea cup.

Angela , you have birds on both of your tea cups.

What’s with birds & tea? Hehe

Lately, my thing has been making kombucha, which is fermented tea. I like to mix black & green tea, steep it until it is cold, then pour it into a gallon mason jar w purified water, a cup of sugar, & the mother. Two weeks later, I have fizzy kombucha, rich in vitamins and gut-friendly bacteria.

In the mornings, I drink chamomile tea and end up chewing and eating the chamomile flowers. I like the texture & taste.

Last edited:
  • Love this post!
Reactions: Angela

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
.In the mornings, I drink chamomile tea and end up chewing and eating the chamomile flowers. I like the texture & taste.
I can't handle that. Haha. I've had my share of herbal leftover follow through into my strained tea and I have to Really make myself not think about it or I'll more than likely gag. Heh

• Funny

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)