The Art of Dreams (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I just wanted to share some public domain artwork from history which has a dedicated section over on http://publicdomainreview.org/. (That site is an online journal and not-for-profit project dedicated to the exploration of curious and compelling works from the history of art, literature, and ideas.)

Here is the link: http://publicdomainreview.org/collections/the-art-of-dreams/

Each painting, drawing / piece of art has the author and description attached.

Below is a powerful image. Job’s Evil Dreams (1805), by William Blake, from a series of 19 watercolours illustrating the Book of Job that Blake painted in 1805-6 for Thomas Butts

17211559381_61e04a883e_c.jpg

OP
Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I guess since it's more about art than talking about dreams I will just move it over there.

Reactions: Stargazer
K

KarlaSM

Love these!!! Is she contemporary? Would you agree this is surrealism? I have never seen her art. Dreamy or dream related?
Yes Krena, her art was both dreamy and dream related. She was born on 1908 in Spain and died in Mexico, where she lived for many years. This is indeed surrealism with a touch of mysticism.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Have you ever seen Remedios Varo's art?
I was so excited to see these paintings. They feel very peaceful and comforting to me. I had to stop and double-check that feeling, but that is it - comforting.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
That second one, Revelacion, reminds me of the master of time setting up multiple timelines with their different markers on the grid. The soft ceiling makes it feel like outcomes are not fixed. I wonder if that big disk is a cycle of time or an anomaly/singularity? One takes it that the disk is leaving the window, but perhaps it's coming in? The little catherine wheel disks are intriguing, too. There are shadows cast by the cat and other objects, so it appears they are all part of the process of time. Nature is bursting through, even though it's a manipulated world.

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
Have you ever seen Remedios Varo's art? She has been such an inspiration for me since I was a child. :)

Armonía

Revelación
Loads of meaning in these pieces. There's a lot going on in both pictures. They are very interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)