The Ancient Jackpot (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia

I find the short videos (<25 mins) produced by Jimmy from Bright Insight to be well researched and offer interesting new hypotheses for further research.

The topic of Ancient Civilizations is one that just keeps on giving. Anyone interested in this field will have at least considered the fact that the Saharan desert region may well be concealing interesting ancient finds from past civilisations in North Africa, some that may be more than 10,000 years old. I, for one, have pondered on how wonderful it would be to dip into this treasure trove if it was feasible with enough resources of money, time and science.

In this short video, many topics are brought up for consideration. The size of the swathe of the Saharan Desert is approx. 3.5 million square miles or 9 million square kilometres. Geographically, this is approximately 3,000 miles across the land mass from the Atlantic Ocean to the Red Sea. Jimmy mentions that space archaeology is now helping a much faster discovery rate, through the use of ground penetrating radar, space satellites able to see some metres below the topsoil level (top sand level!) and the use of drones performing aerial mapping, which is much more efficient than surface mapping where teams tread out the location.

Jimmy also mentions that the sheer size of the Saharan Desert affects weather systems around the world (such as dust storms impacting on the North and South American continent, affecting the Hurricane Season in the Caribbean, and depositing nutrient-filled sands onto the Amazon Basin, which in fact is a type of fertilisation.)

Apparently, the average depth of the Saharan sand dunes is 141 feet, which could easily cover quite large structures.

The video also shows many maps (both modern and ancient - notably one drawn up around the time of the Greek, Herodotus) which show what were once large inland lakes, for example a massive dried up former lake called Lake Chad, and another one called the Maghreb Sea. There were also many significant river systems with large catchment areas hidden by all the sand dunes now. Another interesting aspect relates to the relative time the sands have existed in the Sahara. Assumptions from 100 years ago may have been seriously in error, and it may have been a much shorter time frame than what people are taught in schools.

Then there is the interesting information about the Trans-Saharan Seaway, which runs virtually north-south from the Mediterranean Sea to the Atlantic near the Gulf of Guinea, south of Nigeria. There is also evidence of ancient seawash (possibly running in from the Mediterranean) leaving visible land scarring effects to the western part of the Sahara, in Mauritania, and run-off into the Atlantic Ocean there.

Another topic touched on by the video are ancient finds in the Saharan parts of Sudan of very steep pyramid structures (more like the type of 4-sided, steep gradient of the pyramids I viewed in one of my past life QHHT sessions).

Last edited:
OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
  • Cool Post
Reactions: Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Another great find and description, HM. Thank you.

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
I think there is much hidden below those sands. As mentioned it was a savanah with a temperate climate with lakes, river systems and much life and civilizations. There's gotta be some pyramids, libraries, castles etc. hidden in the shifting sands. Intriguing place.

• I agree
Reactions: Lila and June
OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I think there is much hidden below those sands. As mentioned it was a savanah with a temperate climate with lakes, river systems and much life and civilizations. There's gotta be some pyramids, libraries, castles etc. hidden in the shifting sands. Intriguing place.
As you said, sands are shifting. With a little extra effort, we could shift them a little more.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
  • A hug for you
Reactions: Snowmelt

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
Or even intact uncortupted documents

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)