The Absolute Best Music For Anxiety, Meditation & Focus… From Video Games! (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
By Elina St-Onge via Collective Evolution (17 August 2016)

music-for-the-soul (1).jpg
• Do you ever get tired of tacky, cheesy, or overly fluffy/ new agey meditation music?
• Do you wish you could find the perfect ambient background music to help you focus on your studying or writing, yet find nothing but tacky piano riffs accompanied by cheap sounds of crashing waves?

I know I’ve spent hours searching for music to help me meditate or focus on my work, to little effect.

It was one day, while I was playing one of my favourite video games and being tranced out by its enchanting soundtrack, that I thought to myself, “There it is. The music I’ve been searching for was right under my nose this whole time.”

The thing about many video game soundtracks is that they are composed with the intention of throwing the listener into a state of mystery and exploration without distracting their gameplay. They literally melt stress away and promote relaxation (except when there are enemies nearby and the battle soundtrack kicks in!).

Please enjoy this wonderful list of video game music that is sure to enchant your mind and nourish your soul!

1. Skyrim Atmospheres [42:36]
Composer: Jeremy Soule

This is the ambient soundtrack that plays while you explore Skyrim territories. It is also the perfect Soundtrack to use when you need full concentration while you study or write, or when you desire to be transported into a relaxed, meditative state. The sounds of wilderness and shifting weather combined with hauntingly beautiful yet subtle melodies will transport you on a journey deep within yourself.

Screen-Shot-2016-08-13-at-8.16.56-PM.png

2. Bowerlake – Fable II [6:23]
Composer: Russell Shaw

This is the track that plays as you explore the grassy plains of Bowerlake in the game Fable II. This track helps me experience my connection with the natural world. It brings me a sense of peace and lifts my awareness above my human concerns, reminding me that life is beautiful and cyclical, that all things pass. I would definitely recommend it for a relaxing and grounding meditation to help you release stress and heaviness while reconnecting with your natural self.

Screen-Shot-2016-08-13-at-8.18.15-PM (1).png

3. Fallout 4
Composer: Inon Zur

Fallout 4 is a post-apocalyptic role-playing game where your character is the Sole Survivor of Vault 111, emerging 210 years to the day and time after the Great War. The Fallout series is by far one of my favorites. I compiled the most relaxing and immersive tracks I found, which I personally find most effective at “deepening” my awareness of the present moment. I also love them when I need to focus on my creative work!

Screen-Shot-2016-08-13-at-8.26.16-PM (1).png

4. Ori And The Blind Forest [Complete Soundtrack]
Composer: Gareth Coker

Ori and the Blind Forest is an action-adventure game that combines deep exploratory gameplay with emotional storytelling. I am sharing the complete soundtrack because there are too many good ones to choose from. This soundtrack is a masterpiece. Whether you use it as background music while you work on creative projects or let it lull you into a blissful and enchanting daydream, these jaw-dropping melodies are sure to feed your soul. Pick your favourites and enjoy the feels!

Screen-Shot-2016-08-13-at-8.29.32-PM.png

5. Jellyfish Sea – Chrono Cross [30:00 Extended Version]
Composer: Yasunori Mitsuda

Chrono Cross is highly acclaimed not only for the quality of the game itself, but also for its timeless music. This particular track makes me feel like I am deep underneath the ocean, released from the burden of gravity and protected by gentle creatures of the sea. It makes me feel completely safe and incredibly relaxed. I highly recommend it to anyone suffering from anxiety. Whenever I feel stressed and unsafe, I use it to let myself enter a soothing, meditative state. It is also a great melody to fall asleep to!

Screen-Shot-2016-08-13-at-8.30.40-PM.png

6. Ibb & Obb [Complete Soundtrack]
Composer: Kettel

Ibb & Obb is a two player cooperative game set in a puzzle filled world where gravity goes both up and down. Instead of choosing one track, I am sharing the complete soundtrack because most of them are awesome. This is the kind of music that makes me feel curious, playful, and fascinated by life. I love putting it on as I write or even read. I p

Screen-Shot-2016-08-13-at-8.31.44-PM.png

7. Second Confluence – Journey [1:00:00 Extended Version]
Composer: Austin Wintory

Journey is a rich and interactive game that invites players to explore awe-inspiring landscapes and experience emotional chords that are still uncommon in video games. I invite you to listen to theentire soundtrack, however I chose this one in particular because I find it especially effective for deep, introspective and transcendental meditation. As I meditate with it, I like to visualize scenes very similar to what the video game actually looks like — empty temples and open deserts in which I become open for clarity and deeper insight. I hope you enjoy its enthralling mystical vibe as much as I do!

Screen-Shot-2016-08-13-at-8.33.26-PM.png

8. Machinarium [Complete Soundtrack]
Composer: Tomas” Dvoiak (Floex)

Machinarium is a puzzle point-and-click adventure game in which players take on the role of a robot who has been exiled to the scrap heap. I fell in love with the soundtrack the moment I heard it. They may not all be suitable for meditation or focus, so explore the full soundtrack and pick your favourites! I personally love “The Bottom” and “Mr. Handagote” as songs on their own and “The Sea” and “The Glasshouse With Butterfly” for meditation and/or concentration. Enjoy these uniquely modern sounds as they transport you into another dimension!

Screen-Shot-2016-08-13-at-8.34.28-PM.png

9. The Elder Scrolls

The Elder Scrolls is my all-time favourite video game series, and it is the very first video game soundtrack I have used to help me relax, focus, and meditate. I have created a playlist compiling my favourite tracks that I believe are most suitable for such uses. The composer, Jeremy Soule, just knows how to speak to the soul through his hauntingly beautiful symphonic melodies. I hope you enjoy the magic and divinity within every note and let it transport you to a more blissful state of being!

P.S. Check out Jeremy Soule’s musical compositions for the game Guild Wars. Actually, check out all of Jeremy Soule’s work. It’s all amazing.

Screen-Shot-2016-08-13-at-8.35.45-PM.png

10. Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic

For all the Star Wars fans reading this, I couldn’t pass up on sharing the wonderful soundtrack of a game that is very dear to my heart: Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic. I have compiled a playlist of my favourite tracks that always manage to put me in a state of awe and wonder. I mostly use it as background music for when I work or write and have found it to be an amazing tool to help me stay focused and relaxed. Thanks to Jeremy Soule for another beautiful video game soundtrack!

Screen-Shot-2016-08-13-at-8.37.06-PM.png

Posted with permission from CE

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Lilia and Freya

Samara

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Passau, Germany
yes some movie soundtracks are awesome like that too :D

thank you for the new music <3

you find quite a bit of nice stuff if you put "epic music" into youtube search :)

Reactions: Laron
OP
Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
That was a very appropriate track to play while I checked on a few posts on the Roundtable just now. :-Ds

Reactions: Lilia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)