The 1st time I joined our group meditation, I felt like a pelican coming in for a landing (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Have you thought about joining the group meditation we have on the weekend but were not sure if you could? Maybe you think you need some kind of mastery in meditation or some kind of mystery knowledge. I'm here to tell you that is not the case.

Although I've meditated for several years, most of it was guided or sound meditations. I have been in small groups that meditated at the same time. However, I had never sat in my chair and attempted to connect with people from all over the world. How could I manage to do it?

I read posts on the transients website, and Laron seemed like a sincere person, so I finally thought - why not. The first few times, I made elaborate preparations - taking a salt bath, saging the room, doing a centering meditation before I started this one. Now days, I just plop down in my chair and go.

After a few times, I got comfortable with the process and was able to join at different times. Honestly, I cannot tell the difference.

So, what I do now is pick a time when the house is quiet. Sometimes it is later at night, and sometimes it is when my husband is out running errands. I use a mantra that has been part of life for many years and repeat it several times, feeling myself calming down.

The love of the universe flows through me, expressing itself in every moment of my life.
The love of the universe flows through me, and all is well.

If other thoughts come to mind, I put them in a virtual basket beside me and say I can think about it later. Once those extra thoughts slow down, I know I am ready to join the group. I say to myself - I wish to join the transients group meditation. Then I arrive.

At this point, Laron has suggestions on how the session works, so be sure to read that intro. Just let the experience unfold. It is a safe place.

I am a visual person, so I see energies, settings, actions, etc. Some of them have been unexpected, and lately, I've been singing to the group. Quite a few people do not see things, but have a sense of a peaceful and loving gathering. How ever it works for you is just fine.

If you are curious, please feel free to give it a try. Let us know in the reply section of each week's post that you are attending. Don't worry if it feels odd the first time. Like I said in my title, I felt like a big bird making a wobbly landing. After that, it felt like a party!!

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
A month or so ago I thought I couldn't do it. I don't meditate,(yet) I get by on intuition and playing out scenes or problems by "picturing them" Any way I attempted to project myself there and you guys told me you felt my presence. I think that's amazing now i'm working on"being" there and conciously interacting and remembering doing it. That should open the door to other travels.
Gee maybe I could use it to eliminate the 5 hour drive up north... :):-D:ROFL:

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
The love of the universe flows through me, expressing itself in every moment of my life.
The love of the universe flows through me, and all is well.
Love that mantra!

I remember the first time I decided to try this out. It was a 'what the heck' moment. I figured I had nothing to lose but did not have any real expectations either.
Imagine my surprise when, as soon as I thought, "I'd like to join the transients group for the healing session" I saw, in my mind's eye, a group of lights around the globe that "felt" like they were the transients folks. That was such an amazing moment that even now I can picture that circle. Of course, I questioned (all over the place, in so many different ways) whether the mind-pic and associated feeling had anything to do with the session, so I played with it to see what would happen. All kinds of wonderful things did. I have posted many of them.
It was such an encouraging beginning that I have done sessions wherever I am during the session time, so my sessions have been done under trees, against rock walls, in my bed, in the midst of a group of people (I closed my eyes and 'dozed' while I sat surrounded by folks) and all kinds of places. Then I started to experiment with the timing, as it wasn't always feasible to have that specific time off. That seemed to work too. In fact, I have had the session come and "grab" my attention when I was in the midst of something else... but only after I'd joined quite a few of them.
For me, one of the most fun parts has been seeing correlations between what I've experienced and what others experience. This is no longer a real surprise but it is still always a distinct pleasure:-D

Everyone's experience is unique. If you don't "see" or "feel" anything but still enjoy the session we probably enjoyed your company anyway. Some of my sessions are like that. During others I fall asleep. I usually wake up feeling really good from those naps:) No expectations, just an experience of some kind.
I believe that the most vital thing to bring along is one's sense of wonder<3

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)