The 1960 9.5 Megathrust Chile Quake (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
On May the 22nd, 1960, one of the largest Earthquakes ever recorded, a 9.5 magnitude, struck Valdivia in southern Chile, at a depth of 33km's (21m’s). This was classified as a megathrust quake; these are quakes that have a strength of 9.0 or above. It was estimated that around 6,000 lives were lost as a result.

The Chilean coast was hit with waves up to 25 meters (82 ft) and the resulting tsunami also hit Hawaii, Japan, the Philippines, eastern New Zealand, southeast Australia, and the Aleutian Islands.

The main tsunami crossed the Pacific Ocean at a speed of several hundred km/h and devastated Hilo, Hawaii, killing 61 people. Hilo's position in the bay caused a cumulative bounce of tsunami waves far more destructive to Hilo than to other more exposed areas of Hawaii. In Japan, the tsunami arrived about 22 hours after the earthquake and killed 142 people. Tsunami waves as high as 10.7 m (35 ft) were recorded 10,000 km (6,200 mi) from the epicenter.

This quake was preceded by 4 foreshocks bigger than magnitude 7.0, including a magnitude 7.9 on May 21 that caused severe damage in the area of Concepcion, Chile.

41308634_10160764800140057_6477291349337964544_n.jpg

This image shows a wave from the resulting tsunami back in 1960, as it flows into Onagawa, Japan. (Image Credit: NOAA)

I think it’s important to be aware of how such an event, which may occur a long way away, can still impact us and others we know and care about. I’m personally signed up to a tsunami alert site where I get emails and updates to keep me informed.

In connection to the shift in consciousness, to me, I feel we are in a positive timeline compared to how things may have flowed years ago, but this doesn’t mean it will be smooth sailing. There are a series of events that have occurred, and there will be more to come, thanks to energetic influences, especially from the galactic center and other sources out in space.

Alongside the consciousness changes in humans which influence how people think and make future decisions, we will still have earth changes as the consciousness of the Earth is continually going through its own ascension process.

Don’t fear, but be aware.

Below is a poem I wrote three years ago. It’s based on the 1883 eruption of Krakatoa in the Dutch East Indies (now Indonesia). When it peaked, over 70% of the island and its surrounding archipelago were destroyed as it collapsed into a caldera. This was one of the deadliest and most destructive volcanic events in recorded history. At least 36,417 deaths are attributed to the eruption and the tsunamis it created. Ships as far away as South Africa rocked as tsunamis hit them. The tsunamis that accompanied the eruption were believed to have been caused by gigantic pyroclastic flows entering the sea; each of the four great explosions was accompanied by massive pyroclastic flows resulting from the gravitational collapse of the eruption columns. This caused several cubic kilometers of material to enter the sea, displacing an equally huge volume of seawater.

From Krakatoa, to a New Earth
========================

With skies a vivid red hue, the eruption left its scar
An archipelago once ringed an island of magma,
while towering oceans fled to form far-off lakes

A wave of pressure circumvented the globe —
society noting down multiple passings
Both beast and man were left to their fates

Mother earth screamed her song ferociously,
as the climate later took part in the chorus
The ‘water year’ became well known in the states

One tends to weigh the unspoken question,
‘Will the earth ever chant one more time?’
as the planet starts to again grumble,
deep down, beneath the feet of mankind

We populate many corners of the lands
and dwell on a living, rocky surface
While consciousness shifts further forward,
we await change, at times feeling nervous

Our impact on nature has taken its toll —
great advances bring much responsibility
From within we can find our own solutions
and forge a new world, with ample stability

~ Laron G. S.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I hadn't realized that the big Valparaisan earthquake was the one that caused Hilo's big tsunami.
Yes, it all makes us feel very, very small when events like these occur!

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Thanks for the poem, Laron. Always great to be inspired by your creativity. If more would ponder on our fate as a whole, such as how eco-systems can move and change us in a glancing blow, there would be more cohesion and less people breaking ranks. In the 4-hour transcription of the Airl tapes, the ET expressed that there are not many in the millions of extraterrestrial species who would willingly consign themselves to such a dense environment as that on Earth because of its abrupt, changeable nature, as it is constantly revitalising and reconstructing itself through momentous change. I think she meant some of the ETs would like a bit more peace in their lives than that.

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
This things show gaia is far stronger than most believe

Now i know fukushima was depassed a bit in devastation power. But how natural was it

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
This things show gaia is far stronger than most believe

Now i know fukushima was depassed a bit in devastation power. But how natural was it
I believe we tend to forget that we are on a planet oh-so-much-bigger than ourselves within a solar system so much grander still that is placed within a galaxy of greater magnitude and greatness of many kinds still, within a cluster, supercluster, region of the universe and greater still, within one universe of ?how many?<3:ROFL:

It can be beautiful to be reminded of one's smallness in relation to everything around us (and our hugeness in relation to the itty bitty universe of the nanoworlds we pay perhaps even less attention to). Going in either direction often tends to 'melt' our niggling problems away without our even trying. So easy! So beautiful:-D
All we have to do is go outside to watch the stars or stare at a blade of grass or...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)