Temperature and Compression Differentials / Thermoacoustic Refrigeration (2 Viewers)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

HabitatBranch

Just Arrived
Dec 3, 2021

What do you think the interference-like pattern in the styrofoam balls is from?

Interesting implications for the existence of stars. see also: sonoluminescence.
Light and sound on either side of heat?
Compression, expansion and... gravity?
in and out, two views of the same..

Does anyone know of experiments that effectively make full sound waves visual in 3D form? perhaps using some kind of high density variable fluid mixture inside a resonance chamber?

Toller

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 21, 2018
UK
Does anyone know of experiments that effectively make full sound waves visual in 3D form? perhaps using some kind of high density variable fluid mixture inside a resonance chamber?

OP
HabitatBranch

HabitatBranch

Just Arrived
Dec 3, 2021

Thanks for the links. Cymatics is certainly fascinating, though I have so far still not seen any visualizations of full sound wave forms. Most cymatic experiments I've seen show like a cross section of the wave pattern, although the ink balloon experiment by Buckminster Fuller's students is new to me and that is quite interesting. I just wonder how the geometry could be visualized inside the balloon, at the same time as on its surface, or some other equivalent of this. If I can, I will try to make my own experiment at some point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)