Television Show on Mineral Hunting (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Krena

Embracing Mystery, Mostly
Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
On Create Television Network, there is a show called Mineral Explorers.
I am just watching a show on silver mining in Mexico.

I have seen one of this series about crystal mining in Hot Springs, Arkansas.

These are half-hour, information packed documentaries that seem to show the process of mining to final product.

mineralexplorers.com

I also love the Prospector television series on the Weather Channel, and Meteor Hunters, but I don't remember the channel that features that show. Both seem to be off the air right now.

Last edited:

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
I looked for the show on Arkansas and watched a preview on YouTube. It looks good but we don't have it on our TV network.

OP
Krena

Krena

Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
I looked for the show on Arkansas and watched a preview on YouTube. It looks good but we don't have it on our TV network.
Oh pooh.
See if your local library has a copy of it.
You will like seeing a couple of places that are not open to the public.
If you have a Chamber of Commerce, they may have a copy, as it is good for tourism.

Oh, I forgot. I think you can purchase a DVD from the mineral explorer website.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stargazer

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
There was a documentary awhile back about a mine in Mexico (I think) where they came across some H-U-G-E crystals. The environment where these things are found is so far underground it's well over 100-degrees. The people studying the crystals can only stay in there for 30 minutes at a time before they have go come out due to the sweltering heat. It's quite a fascinating story...there's a short version of it online (about 10 minutes worth as a teaser):

Hmmm. I wonder if the heat is generated or worsened by the immense energy that must be flowing through these things! And yes, those little orange things are people in protective suits climbing on those massive crystals!

Reactions: Vickie

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
I saw that one on Mexico too! Those are some serious crystals! I wonder if the heat is from the high energy too. I don't remember if they said in the documentary

Reactions: Lila and Stargazer

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
I saw that one on Mexico too! Those are some serious crystals! I wonder if the heat is from the high energy too. I don't remember if they said in the documentary
I don't believe they did...being mainstream scientists or explorers, I'm pretty sure they have absolutely NO idea of the esoteric power they're really dealing with.

How'd you like to commune with those crystals or meditate in there???????

Hmmmm. Maybe we should intend to connect with them or invite them to join us by envisioning them in our midst on our next RT healing session.

:confused::eek:O.o:D:oops:

Reactions: Lila and Vickie

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
They knew.
Really?? If so, that's great. I feel sure I would have recalled if they had said something about that on the show.

The thing I thought was great was that they were going to let all the water back into the place and let nature reclaim it. I wonder what hidden affects the mine and the drying out of the cave had on the consciousness of the crystals.

Reactions: Lila and Vickie

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
I don't believe they did...being mainstream scientists or explorers, I'm pretty sure they have absolutely NO idea of the esoteric power they're really dealing with.

How'd you like to commune with those crystals or meditate in there???????

Hmmmm. Maybe we should intend to connect with them or invite them to join us by envisioning them in our midst on our next RT healing session.

:confused::eek:O.o:D:oops:
That's an excellent idea!

Reactions: Lila and Stargazer

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
I finally watched the Mineral Explorers episode on Arkansas. It was really good! I'm glad you recommended it, Krena.

The Ron Coleman mine where they were finding those giant crystals is about 15 minutes from where I live. Mount Ida is just to the other side. Which means that our home is sitting on large crystals. This morning I was outside raking the leaves. We have large rocks and bolders in the yard. I turned one over and it was a heavy piece of sandstone with large crystals all over it! This was right in our yard! Here's a picture of it but it's not cleaned. It has iron and dirt on it still. It probably weighs 50 lbs.
IMG_4827.JPG

OP
Krena

Krena

Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
I finally watched the Mineral Explorers episode on Arkansas. It was really good! I'm glad you recommended it, Krena.

The Ron Coleman mine where they were finding those giant crystals is about 15 minutes from where I live. Mount Ida is just to the other side. Which means that our home is sitting on large crystals. This morning I was outside raking the leaves. We have large rocks and bolders in the yard. I turned one over and it was a heavy piece of sandstone with large crystals all over it! This was right in our yard! Here's a picture of it but it's not cleaned. It has iron and dirt on it still. It probably weighs 50 lbs.
View attachment 1171
WOW! So very very cool. You are a natural treasure hunter... And a treasure yourself. Surely, you will find much more.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
If the Mexican crystals in the video are long, clear white gypsum rods (I believe that's what I heard), are they selenite? They sure look like it.
If so, I'd expect they'd dissolve in water...

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
If the Mexican crystals in the video are long, clear white gypsum rods (I believe that's what I heard), are they selenite? They sure look like it.
If I recall correctly, these caves were naturally filled with water and they had to pump it all out (and keep pumping) to keep the caves dry. I seem to remember that they were going to study the caves, then close off the mines and allow them to refill again. I could swear that was the case, because I was actually surprised and happy to hear that they were letting them go back to their natural state. But maybe I misremembered it...wouldn't be the first time that's happened! :D

Reactions: Vickie and Lila

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Yes, I researched and found that selenite and gypsum are interchangeable terms. "Large elongate crystals of gypsum are known as selenite". (http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150623-ten-crystals-with-magic-powers) Apparently, time is the factor which allowed the selenite long forms to grow so big. Apparently the entire process from its origins has taken approximately 26 million years.

I "feel" or intuit that this chamber is something to the Earth body as our endocrine system is to our bodies. . The endocrine system works with the nervous system and the immune system to help the body cope with different events and stresses.

There are no accidents as to why things exist. I think humans should be reverential when finding such long hidden places. We don't know the overall balance it is playing within the ley lines and marker places of Earth.

Reactions: Stargazer and Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
So, if selenite, then I recall being admonished never to let selenite get wet as it will get damaged.
What don't we yet know about selenite here?
Is it formed in water?
Just really curious...

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I'm not a geologist, but I infer from that website I read that the mineral can be salts, or form up as crystals (as in the cave) which they did do, in the environment of heated water.

"Selenite

Buried beneath the Sierra de Naica mountain in Chihuahua, northern Mexico, the Cueva de los Cristales (Cave of Crystals) is home to the largest crystals on planet Earth.

Volcanic activity beneath the mine filled the cave with hot water.

Gargantuan, milky white beams of selenite, some as long as 11m and more than 1m wide, criss-cross the underground chamber. "There is no other place on the planet where the mineral world reveals itself in such beauty," says Juan Manuel García-Ruiz of the University of Granada in Spain, a geologist who studies the crystals.

The crystals were discovered in 2000 by two brothers excavating new tunnels in the Naica mine, in search of fresh reserves of zinc, silver, and lead.

The cavity, which measures about 10m by 30m, had previously been flooded with heated water. Only when the miners started pumping it out were the monumental structures revealed.

In 2007, García-Ruiz and his team figured out how the crystals were able to grow so big.

The temperature has consistently hovered around the magic 58 °C mark

Around 26 million years ago, volcanic activity beneath the mine filled the cave with hot water rich in the mineral anhydrite. Anhydrite is stable above 58 °C, but as the underlying magma cooled, it dissolved into the surrounding water.

Very slowly, over hundreds of thousands of years, its chemical components reassembled as gypsum, which can take the form of crystals. Large elongate crystals of gypsum are known as selenite.

Within the Cueva de los Cristales, the temperature has consistently hovered around the magic 58 °C mark ever since.

Another crystal cave, discovered closer to the surface in Naica, also contains selenites. They are still spectacular at about 1m in length, but not as large as those of the Cueva de los Cristales, because this cave cooled faster."

(http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150623-ten-crystals-with-magic-powers)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)