Take a page from Mongo's book (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
We live on a "walking street" - there's not much traffic, which makes it great for people and dogs. Some neighbors have a basset hound named Mongo (from the movie Blazing Saddles). I know his name because his people always are trying to hush him when he starts speaking. You know how hounds talk - aaouu, aaouu.

Yesterday, I watched and listened to him. He has such a happy countenance, and I realized that he barks at the houses where other dogs live. Quite a few of us at our end of the street have dogs, so it is a prolonged, happy greeting. (:

We might take a page from the book of Mongo, because the woods would be a silent place if only the prettiest voices sang - (borrowed from Henry van Dyke and the Bible).

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
Yes, it is great to hear the voices of our furry kids (cats and dog). Unless it is in the middle of the night waking us from solid sleep or an interesting dream :)
Here in the Texas farm land we can hear constantly different animals talking. Actually, one night while walking my dog I got concerned when suddenly there was no noise -thought they had sensed something was wrong in the world- and was greatly relieved when a minute later their voices returned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)