Sunscreen Alternatives (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Below is a post from a page on Facebook with some basic research on healthier sunscreen alternatives. Carrot and raspberry oil look like good alternatives. It's important not to use regular sunscreen as it can actually increase the risk of cancer because of the chemical components.

It's also important to understand that it's not the sun that creates the cancer, we need sun, it's everything else such as the foundation which is always the emotional link, then things like wifi, mobile phone radiation, living under a transmission tower, eating food that is not organic, using products in the home with chemical ingredients, sitting in front of a computer/laptop for long periods, monsanto, etc.

We need sunlight, especially through our eyes. Sunglasses are important for various reasons but we should allow sun into our eyes for at least 20-30 minutes a day.

Of course, we don't want our skin to burn off... so protecting it is important if we are in the sun for long periods.

The recipes are included in the original post below and one of those pictures does show the actual products in use.

Reactions: Anaeika

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
And don't forget that putting on a shirt of wearing hat works wonders! So does taking it easy when going someplace sunny after being in a winterized area for months.
(I know, obvious; but as a parent I know how easily the obvious can be forgotten).

I love to sift through sand + pebbles on beaches to look for shells and pretty rocks. I find it to be one of the most relaxing things to do.
Some places I now avoid doing that since I end up with a sticky, foul smelling oily mess on my hands; old sunscreen which was slathered on for a few hours and then effectively discarded to our poor seas before being reapplied. Ick!s:p

Reactions: Anaeika and Laron
OP
Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
And don't forget that putting on a shirt of wearing hat works wonders!
I think this is really helpful, but especially a long sleeve shirt which can be rolled up and down, so you can get some sun, then roll it down when your done.

I stopped using typical sunscreen many years ago now but never got around to finding an alternative.

Reactions: Anaeika

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Yes, a long sleeved shirt for activities like surfing can make the difference between being on the waves all day and feeling like a fried lobster, lol.

At one point I'd looked for raspberry seed oil locally without success and then found a couple of alternative sunscreen with (different) ingredients I like. They are pricier than standard sunscreen.

I wonder about the cost of the above oils. Since they're single oils I'd imagine they'd be cheaper than the mixes I currently use. My experience searching for raspberry seed oil locally means I'd probably be looking at finding it online.

Reactions: Anaeika and Laron

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Thanks for the discussion. Although I wear a cap, there are days when I'm outside for several hours and need something.

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
i didn t use sunscreen for a few years as i avoided also the sun a bit as i didn t digested the growing heat over the last years, this summer i took it other, half hour in the sun at a time and all is good, but i know also sunburns and those are quite painfull, yes i regret this week i was a bit easy going with it

a cap on the head protection back is a good sun protection for the neck

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
I’ll be on the lookout for carrot oil & raspberry oil. Thanks to the person who did this experiment in his back. Is there a way to directly contact him?

Reactions: Lila

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)