Successful and Unsuccessful People (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
The type of success I experience hasn't led me down the hallowed halls of success worshipped by the hierarchy of society. The kind of success I know has involved peeling off layers. The poster has the feel that a corporate trainer might have composed it. Where is the amber light for those leaving their comfort zones to challenge their own perceptions?

The sentiments are real, but it's not a two-sided question. The learning is more of a spiral, where you can seem to slip back layers, but with consistency and drive you can achieve higher levels, coming back around to the same point, touching on old challenges, but from a changed perspective given your risen awareness.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
What is success?
(you seem to have woken the philosopher in me/us with your question, but then, what would you really expect from a RT crowd:D)

Having said that, each of these are points I have likely brought up in teaching my children, in some form or another.
e.g. I can go on and on about how grateful I am despite a messy situation and often ask what someone can find to be grateful for when unhappy, as I find it helps lift one's spirits and move on from tough moments.
e.g. I have spent oodles of time considering and teaching about forgivenes. Ditto embracing change, loving learning, setting goals and accepting responsibility with as much grace as one can muster...

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I'm pretty sure forgiveness (especially self-forgiveness) is one for those spiritual high achievers. The funny thing is, it's not just doing the act of forgiving, itself, but your molecules actually change and morph along with it. OK. You're never going back. You've learned forgiveness, which leads to trust in life, because if you can forgive yourself, you can forgive anything.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
What is success?
(you seem to have woken the philosopher in me/us with your question, but then, what would you really expect from a RT crowd:D)
Yup! Exactly my thoughts too. :)

Reactions: Lila

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
A positive, productive attitude is key. Employers know they can teach an employee skills, but they also know they cannot teach an employee attitude. So if attitude is the difference between 2 job applicants, a smart employer will hire the one with the better attitude.

I'm pretty sure forgiveness (especially self-forgiveness) is one for those spiritual high achievers. The funny thing is, it's not just doing the act of forgiving, itself, but your molecules actually change and morph along with it. OK. You're never going back. You've learned forgiveness, which leads to trust in life, because if you can forgive yourself, you can forgive anything.
Back in my Bliss Bunny phase Spirit taught me there was nothing to forgive, that all was understood through the lens of compassion and within the scope of love. Back integrated more in the 3D now I recall the memory of that knowledge but have to work much harder to keep the openness require to be in a state of pure compassion where forgiveness (something done for the human mind apparently) is never needed.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Back in my Bliss Bunny phase Spirit taught me there was nothing to forgive, that all was understood through the lens of compassion and within the scope of love. Back integrated more in the 3D now I recall the memory of that knowledge but have to work much harder to keep the openness require to be in a state of pure compassion where forgiveness (something done for the human mind apparently) is never needed.
That’s relieving!

Reactions: Lila

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)