Article Staying Positive in a Negative World by Brad Austen (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Brad

Spiritual & Meditation Teacher
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
Australia
www.mindful-meditations.com
How does one stay positive in a negative world? On the one hand, this is quite a challenge, but can also be looked upon as a quest for self-mastery. If you view darkness as a teacher, it really does serve both you and the light. Earth is a planet of duality, whereby both light and dark energies and choices can play out. It is a school for the soul.

Everything in life is about perspective, and whether we are making low-level or high-level choices with our freewill. You could say that we all make mistakes, but that these are also vehicles for growth and learning. So, if you view any perceived mistakes as life lessons, you will always gain something from these experiences.

Staying positive isn't about being naive and ignoring the darkness, but rather not handing your power away to it. By having awareness, you can go through the dark night of the soul and come out the other end a wiser being, because of what you went through.

There is a lot of negativity in our world; you only have to switch on the news to hear about it. Personally, I've found it necessary to limit my exposure to news and work on creating my own reality instead. There are always many positive things happening in our world that often aren't reported, because they don't sell papers or boost viewing figures.

We also have our upbringing, from our parents and our schooling, which often wasn't perfect. Trauma has a habit of repeating throughout generations until you take responsibility and work on healing it. I've found working with both acceptance and forgiveness to be important tools for my own healing and ability to move forward.

Simply set your intention to forgive those who have hurt you and allow the layers of pain to dissolve. Working with the violet flame, or light, is a great way to dissolve built-up pain and pent-up emotions. You can set your intent to work with the violet light or visualise it coming down your ascension column above your head and flowing through your entire body. This is also very effective in removing any negative energies or entities that may be attached.

Listening to or reciting positive affirmations is also a great and effective method to train yourself to think more positively. Use statements such as 'I am' or 'I have' to affirm to the universe that you already have what you wish and desire. It can be normal to feel some resistance when practicing positive affirmations, because they can be at odds with your subconscious beliefs and sense of self-worth. But, with practice, these limiting beliefs can be dissolved to be replaced with more positive ones.

Learning to meditate and making it a daily practice has many benefits. For one, by taking back the reins of your life and energy into your hands you become stronger and more balanced. As you raise your vibration it has a positive effect on the collective as well. Taking back control over your thoughts allows you to spend your energy on creating things that are positive and that you want in your life. There are many types of meditation that different cultures practice around the world; feel free to explore them online and find one that suits you. You may even want to participate in a meditation circle or class where you reside.

On Earth, there exist both collective mass consciousness and individual consciousness. Two people can experience the same situation but perceive a very different reality. What we feel we deserve, or feel worthy of, can determine many things in our life. For example, if we feel we don't deserve money or abundance, we may struggle and experience poverty. If we feel we don't deserve love, we may not attract a loving partner or attract many problematic relationships.

It can be worthwhile to explore your beliefs and ask yourself if you are happy with them, or if they need some working on. Sometimes we carry beliefs from influential people in our lives, such as from our parents. If you find yourself identifying with some of these core beliefs, you can, with the aid of awareness, work on modifying them. This does require some introspection and awareness, but is well worth the effort.

I believe we all have a role to play in making the world a better place. There are many problems in our world, therefore staying positive in a negative world can be a challenge. But, if you focus on your own life and the contributions you can make, you will leave this world better off than when you came. The more people who do this inner work, working on raising their vibration, the quicker the collective will shift. Humanity and the planet shift one person at a time, which creates a wave of light that affects everyone and everything.

By Brad Austen © 2022.

https://www.mindful-meditations.com

Brad is an intuitive writer, channel, spiritual and meditation teacher and recording artist. He is passionate about writing and producing guided meditations to aid relaxation, healing and spiritual growth.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
But, if you focus on your own life and the contributions you can make, you will leave this world better off than when you came
Had a conversation along these lines - talking about how the educational system was crumbling and that my friend and I can keep our eyes and ears open to find opportunities to slip in our ways of seeing the natural world. Ended up quite upbeat - not much focus on the old, but rather, on how we can contribute to the new.

I'm with you - cannot deal with too much of the insanity that surrounds us. Seeing this with friends and family - we are sort of hunkering down with people with whom we enjoying spending time and leaving the rest to themselves.

However, in the interest of full disclosure, I have used the term nucking futs a few times recently.

OP
Brad

Brad

Spiritual & Meditation Teacher
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
Australia
www.mindful-meditations.com
Yes, the educational system here is also a mess. I am glad I am no longer in school. I really feel for all the school kids having to put up with everything these past 2 years.

In my personal life, I am finding I am no longer in alignment with some friends, that I am experiencing some endings and a quieter time.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Had a conversation along these lines - talking about how the educational system was crumbling and that my friend and I can keep our eyes and ears open to find opportunities to slip in our ways of seeing the natural world. Ended up quite upbeat - not much focus on the old, but rather, on how we can contribute to the new.

I'm with you - cannot deal with too much of the insanity that surrounds us. Seeing this with friends and family - we are sort of hunkering down with people with whom we enjoying spending time and leaving the rest to themselves.

However, in the interest of full disclosure, I have used the term nucking futs a few times recently.
Shocked Emoji.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)