Spirit Signs (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
I find it interesting that so many others who have an interest in spiritual and metaphysical study seem to have such astounding experiences that encourage them along their way. So many others report having profound visions during meditation, an ability to connect directly with loved ones who have passed and beings from other dimensions, or witness paranormal activity with their own eyes.

Me? Not so much.

I, it seems, am a very tough case! Sure, I believe in many things I can’t see. I believe in many of the accounts others share of otherworldly beings and contacts. I believe that many other forms of intelligent and energetic life exist even beyond the farthest reaches of our Cosmos and our understanding. I believe that our consciousness lives beyond the grave—and that we are eternal souls. But without actual firsthand proof of these things, it seems I only have my faith in the accounts of others to go on.

Then there are days like today. I experience yet another synchronicity that subtly suggests that many worlds exist beyond ours—and that spiritual energies help nudge us along to the exact places we are supposed to go.

Before I share my account of today’s rather mystical events, I suppose I must explain that my paternal grandmother was a very spiritual person. She considered all religions as valid and wonderful pathways to personal discovery. Although raised under the umbrella of Western Christianity, she studied and deeply appreciated other religious paths, particularly those which touched the Eastern philosophies of Buddhism, Taoism, and Hinduism. She meditated quite often (although she often told us she was “just resting her eyes”) and spent much of her life in deep contemplation of Source, Our Universe, and our place within the Unity.

I was born and raised for most of my younger years in San Francisco and, since my grandmother lived not far from us, she spent a great deal of time exploring the city with me in tow. No matter where we went, whenever she spied a church or house of worship of nearly any kind, she would be drawn to it, much as a moth to a flame.

“Oh,” she’d exclaim, “what a lovely little church! We simply must go inside for a visit.”

Even at five or six years of age, I must have rolled my eyes and grinned—much as I do now when I recall those precious moments.

“Yes, Grandma…” I’d sigh with resignation. But I really didn’t mind. Our visits to these old churches, with their heavy wooden doors; cool, dark, and echoing interiors, and peaceful energy, left me feeling happy and at peace with myself. We’d go in, sometimes light a votive candle or two, and sit for a few moments on the smooth wooden pews. Grandma usually wasn’t much on ritual, but she’d sometimes make the sign of the cross and close her eyes in meditative prayer. I’d do the same, but instead of making a connection with Spirit, I’d pretend to pray and sneak peeks at the beautifully crafted statues and stained glass windows instead. I’ll always remember how beautiful my grandmother looked at those times—her wrinkled hands resting peacefully upon her lap and her softly lined face a perfect reflection of heavenly bliss.

When my grandmother was here in the physical, she loved butterflies. Well, she loved butterflies and ladybugs, but butterflies were her favorite. Especially the Monarch Butterfly, with its bright orange and black wings. She’d always point them out excitedly, every time she saw one. In the many years following her passing, I’ve come to understand that butterflies are “Heaven’s Messengers”. A great many psychic mediums have identified these delicate, colorful creatures as being used to convey messages from the spirit world to us, in our dense 3D-ness. I’ve even noticed myself that, many times, shortly after thinking of my grandmother, either a butterfly will flutter by very closely or a ladybug will land on my arm. To my mind, the frequency that this occurs is far beyond the statistical margins of “chance”.

But I digress.

Since today was one of the last few days before my teenage son starts school, I had offered to take him and his lovely girlfriend on a jaunt to Chinatown for lunch. They agreed, so we headed into the city from the suburbs. We hopped off the train, trekked through the downtown financial district, and found ourselves seemingly in another part of the world. If you haven’t seen it, San Francisco’s Chinatown is a mystical feast for the senses. Established in 1848, it is known as the largest Chinatown outside of Asia and the oldest in North America. Handsome, multi-story brick buildings line the street and strings of brightly colored lanterns, banners, and even drying laundry hang from balconies and light poles. Large glass windows offer expansive views into quaint, old-fashioned storefronts. Bright, colorful wares are often stacked floor to ceiling—and some goods even spill out onto the sidewalks to beckon the throngs of shoppers in.

As we walked down the street, smelling the wonderful aromas of incense and food being cooked in nearby restaurants, I noticed a tall, brick church that looked familiar. The sign in front read, “St. Mary’s Church” and I remembered it as one that my grandmother and I had visited nearly fifty years ago. I grinned at my son, mentioned that she and I had once been there, and suggested that we go inside “for a visit”. He wasn’t really interested—in fact, he and his girlfriend wanted to go play “Pokemon Go” on their phones at a park, just across the street instead. :rolleyes:

I was somewhat disappointed at their not joining me, but as a parent, I get it—after all, who would want to go in some old boring building with your dad when there are lots of wild virtual creatures to catch with your girlfriend, outside, in a bustling city?

So we parted ways momentarily and I disappeared into the nearly empty church. Just as my grandmother and I had done so many years ago, I lit a candle, found a quiet pew, and sat for a few moments. Now, much older, I did meditate for a few moments—but some things haven’t changed. I must admit that I stole a few glances at the stained glass and the familiar figures in alcoves along the walls. I thought about my grandmother, somehow just trusting she was there with me, and wondered if I would ever really feel her presence as I have done on a few very rare occasions.

Sadly, not feeling anything in particular, I shrugged my shoulders and got up to leave. I walked out of the church into the sunshine and walked across the street to the little park where my traveling companions waited. I found them on a bench and, much as I had expected, they were deeply engrossed in their technological adventures.

“C’mon guys…” I encouraged. “Let’s visit a couple of more shops and head to lunch. The place where my grandma and I once ate is right across the street and the food is fantastic!”

As they got up and we turned to leave, something caught my attention. There, out of the corner of my eye and behind some trees, I had noticed a brightly painted mural on the bottom floor of a very old apartment building. Once can scarcely imagine my surprise when I saw, much larger than life, two monarch butterflies painted on a garage door!

Now it didn’t escape me that, because of the position of this mural, there is absolutely no way I could have seen it from the front stairs of the church. The only way I could have seen it is to walk over to this park…and if my son hadn’t wanted to play his game there, I wouldn’t have seen it at all.

I laughed aloud, pointed out the mural, and told them both why seeing the butterflies meant so much to me. Although they may be young and somewhat skeptical, I don’t think the significance of the finding was entirely lost on them. My son’s girlfriend even mentioned that sometimes her family has seen what they too interpret as “signs from above”. She and her family have noticed on several occasions that, just when they are thinking or talking about her grandparents, lights or other electrical appliances will turn on for no logical reason.

So, once again, Spirit has sent me a “sign” that we and our loved ones are never truly gone. And once again, all I have is a wispy “inkling” in the place of rock-solid proof. But that’s OK. I suppose it’s much more fun that way…when Spirit plays a mystical game of “hide and seek” with us incarnated human beings.

One day, when my son has a family of his own, I hope he returns to Chinatown and recounts the story of the day his dad received a sign from Spirit. Perhaps then, if I’ve moved on to other realms, it’ll be my turn to send him a sign of his own. And I’ll just bet he’s awake and aware enough to notice it.

Hey, it’s now 5:55 as I’m writing this!

That just reminded me of what comedian Jeff Foxworthy used to always say in his show…“There’s your sign!”

;)

What signs have you received from Spirit or your loved ones?

PS: I've attached two photos. One is of the mural itself, and the other shows its relationship to the church. You can clearly see from the angle that it isn't at all visible from the front of the church!

Attachments

OP
Stargazer

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
OMG, I was just looking more closely at the mural and I noticed the name of the mural is painted on the lower right corner of the door area. It's called, "A Rose From Concrete". Roses were my grandmother's favorite flower! Interesting also, is the artist's interpretation of that rose...golden, and glowing. Somehow, that seems quite significant to me. What do y'all think?

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
what seems like different times (you and your Grandmother, you and your son, the painter of the mural) all came together for you in one place because you were willing to see the connections

OP
Stargazer

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
what seems like different times (you and your Grandmother, you and your son, the painter of the mural) all came together for you in one place because you were willing to see the connections
Makes perfect sense, Linda...I guess it just goes to show that "time" as we know it, really doesn't exist. Strange how something that really doesn't exist can seem so "real"--and how something so actually real (spirit realms) can seem so unreal.

Huh? I think I just confused myself.

o_O

Reactions: Brooke

Brooke

Mother Bear
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
Australia
What a beautiful story!! I'm sure your grandmother thoroughly appreciates your fond memories of her <3

I myself have had many interesting experiences & signs, but the one standing out most to me right now (that has come up quite a few times recently) is one involving my nephew.

Let me start by saying that I have memories of interacting with my grandfather as a child, & he passed 6 months before I was born. He used to play with me & sing me to sleep etc & I wasn't even aware that it wasn't "normal" until I was a little older lol.

Anyway, fast forward to last year and my nephew who was 2 at the time was drawing pictures on one of those magnetic boards. My brother (his father) was away for work and his partner had called him a little freaked out because my nephew had drawn a bird that was by all accounts far too advanced for him & when compared to the scribble he usually does, it was on a whole other level. It also seemed to be drawn in one line which I found fascinating because it seemed almost channelled to me.
Let me also clarify by saying nobody but his mother and newborn baby brother were home, & I'm not being horrible when I say she can't draw at all so we KNOW it wasn't her lol. My grandfather used to draw & sketch animals so I was convinced it was him playing with my nephew as he had done with me.

After I discussed that possibility with my family (they all agreed btw) I started being visited by a willy wagtail bird that looked very much like the one he had drawn! I had never seen one in my yard before that and it was also calmly playing & sitting with my dog & she was fine with it, even though she usually HATES birds in her space! Haha.

The photo below is of the drawing he did! Some have dismissed it by saying perhaps he's just especially talented, & it would be great if he was a child prodigy but I truly don't believe that came from him :)
He also claimed the man did it ;)

Some might think we're grasping at straws but I just think it's reassuring to feel that our loved ones are still checking in. :) <3

Attachments

OP
Stargazer

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
What a beautiful story!! I'm sure your grandmother thoroughly appreciates your fond memories of her <3

es of interacting with my grandfather as a child, & he passed 6 months before I was born. He used to play with me & sing me to sleep etc & I wasn't even aware that it wasn't "normal" until I was a little older lol.

The photo below is of the drawing he did! Some have dismissed it by saying perhaps he's just especially talented, & it would be great if he was a child prodigy but I truly don't believe that came from him :)
He also claimed the man did it ;)

Some might think we're grasping at straws but I just think it's reassuring to feel that our loved ones are still checking in. :) <3
Thank you, Brooke...Ive no doubt my grandmother got a big laugh out of our adventure today!

Rather coincidentally (NOT!) I just finished reading a book (not ten minutes ago, in fact) where a psychic related her early experiences playing with spirits when she was about 5 years old. Several years later, when her grandfather "Popop" passed, she was able to see him happy and well.

What a wonderful account of your experience with your nephew! It's things like this that assure me I'm on the right path.

Thank you so much for sharing!!

Reactions: Brooke and Vickie

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
Stargazer, that was a lovely story. I'm so glad you received that sign from your grandmother. Sometimes the signs and messages are so subtle that we miss them in our busy lives but they are there and spirit is very patient with us.

Every story you tell is so inspiring and you never fail to bring a smile to my lips.

I few years ago I went to a German Shepherd breeder with the intention of buying one. When I got there I found a dirty place with interbred dogs that were not healthy and they were expensive. The woman brought out the puppies and they were skinny, with fleas and dirty ears. They looked bad. I decided I wouldn't buy one but one of the puppies was determined to make herself mine. She took hold of the hem of my jeans and wouldn't let go. I couldn't resist her so I bought her and took her home.

I bathed her, fed her and gave her the name, Bear. The next day I took her to the veterinarian. The doctor told me that Bear had a severe heart murmur and she likely wouldn't live long. I was broken hearted but I loved my Bear and I took excellent care of her. She was so smart and she loved me very much.

When she was six months old she began having problems from her heart one night and she died in my arms. I mourned my Bear as if I had had her all my life. I still miss her very much.

I finally had to go on a trip to try and get past the sadness I felt. I just couldn't seem to get through it. Before I left I put her favorite toys at the top of my closet.

I returned about a week later and went to put my clothes in my closet. As soon as I opened the closet door her toys all fell off the shelf. I hadn't touched them. I knew Bear was there, ever loyal, waiting to welcome me home.

OP
Stargazer

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
Stargazer, that was a lovely story. I'm so glad you received that sign from your grandmother. Sometimes the signs and messages are so subtle that we miss them in our busy lives but they are there and spirit is very patient with us.

Every story you tell is so inspiring and you never fail to bring a smile to my lips.

I few years ago I went to a German Shepherd breeder with the intention of buying one.

When she was six months old she began having problems from her heart one night and she died in my arms. I mourned my Bear as if I had had her all my life. I still miss her very much.
I knew Bear was there, ever loyal, waiting to welcome me home.
Thanks so much, Vickie! Bless you for loving Bear the way you did. You made her life so much more meaningful (just as she did for you) and I'm sure her passing was much easier because you were with her, loving her.

You also had me at German Shepherd...I've had a couple in my life and they'll be forever in my heart. <3

Brooke

Mother Bear
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
Australia
Aww @Vickie! What a sad but beautiful story about your Bear. I think I'm like you in that I would never have been able to pass up such a sweet baby reaching out for me to love her. Bear couldn't have picked a better mother to take care of her though, that's for sure <3
I love Shepherds too. I actually have a Swiss White Shepherd and she is so sweet and protective. We're very lucky to be able to share our lives with such a beautiful soul :)

OP
Stargazer

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
Aww @Vickie! What a sad but beautiful story about your Bear. I think I'm like you in that I would never have been able to pass up such a sweet baby reaching out for me to love her. Bear couldn't have picked a better mother to take care of her though, that's for sure <3
I love Shepherds too. I actually have a Swiss White Shepherd and she is so sweet and protective. We're very lucky to be able to share our lives with such a beautiful soul :)
AwwwwwwWWW! A picture of your shepherd, please? :)

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
Absolutely, even the short time I had with Bear was wonderful but I really miss her. I bet your baby is a beautiful shepherd. I've never seen a white one.

OP
Stargazer

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
View attachment 298
Here is my beautiful Bear right before she crossed to the other side. Thank you for asking, Stargazer.
Awwww...what a beauty! I was just thinking how nice it would be if my boy was there to keep her company. I got an immediate, full-body chill. I bet they're best of buds on the other side! Here's a pic of my guy, Fenris. He passed in 2007.

Attachments

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
Awwww...what a beauty! I was just thinking how nice it would be if my boy was there to keep her company. I got an immediate, full-body chill. I bet they're best of buds on the other side! Here's a pic of my guy, Fenris. He passed in 2007.
Oh my, he is beautiful! He has that sweet look on him. I bet he was such a good dog. I imagine they are good friends now. Thanks for showing me your baby boy.

OP
Stargazer

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
My girl Khaleesi is a short haired white shepherd. It's a recessive trait so once they're gone that's it :(
She's only 2 so she's still growing into her ears haha.
View attachment 303 View attachment 306
Oh, my...she is GORGEOUS!! It's a shame so many German Shepherd breeders don't appreciate the white coats. I think it just makes them extra special! :) And your little girl is just precious too, of course! It'll be so nice for her to have a four-footed friend to grow up with.

Brooke

Mother Bear
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
Australia
And your little girl is just precious too, of course! It'll be so nice for her to have a four-footed friend to grow up with.
Thanks Stargazer :) She's actually a Swiss Shepherd (a little different I think?) but I agree, the white coats are pretty special <3
Also, the baby in the pic with the dog is my son, but all 6 of my children adore her. She just doesn't really know her own strength yet so they only play with her when I'm around otherwise she bowls them over haha.
She is beautiful, Brooke! I love her white coat. She looks so soft and sweet.
Thanks Vickie :) She does have such a sweet temperament...though she can seem pretty scary if she's feeling protective lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)