Article Some Benefits of Guided Meditation and Positive Affirmations (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Brad

Spiritual & Meditation Teacher
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
Australia
www.mindful-meditations.com
If you are new to meditation, or curious about what it has to offer, guided meditation can be a good place to start your journey. If you are more experienced in meditation, guided meditation can still be an enjoyable and rewarding experience. There are many benefits to practicing meditation, such as stress reduction, improved and more stable mood, deeper sleep, reduced anxiety and depression, along with experiencing more joy, peace and happiness. We all need a little Zen in our lives, and meditation can be the pathway to inner peace.

Attending a group meditation class can appeal to some because of its social aspect, and the opportunity of meeting some like-minded people. On the other hand, listening to a meditation recording in the privacy of your own home, or on a daily walk, can be convenient and appealing. Having an experienced guide or teacher take you along a journey can be a helpful and enjoyable experience. Some people prefer to meditate with relaxing music, or be in silence during meditation, while others prefer some direction and guidance during their practice.

Guided meditation is perfect for those times when you are seeking a bit more guidance, or a specific goal, such as relaxation or sleep. Some people prefer a female narrator and some are happy with a male narrator. With so many guided meditations available online, you are not short of choice.

What I love about creating guided meditations is taking the listener on an inner spiritual journey, whether that is, for example, for relaxation after a stressful day, or healing trauma. In meditation you can learn to connect with your higher self and spirit guides and create a stronger connection with the realm of spirit. If you feel the calling, you can send light to the planet and the collective consciousness to help raise their vibration, as well as help with Earth's ascension.

I have created a collection of guided meditations over a span of 15 years of being a meditation guide. Some of my meditations are more spiritual and 'New Age' and some are more mainstream, such as my guided sleep meditations. One listener commented that he loved the spaces I leave between my words, also commenting that he thought my guided meditations were gentle, effective and deep.

Positive affirmations are simply statements that we affirm to the universe; that we have already obtained what we wish or desire. We use statements such as 'I am' or 'I have', rather than statements such as 'I hope' or 'I want'. Affirmations are simply affirming to the universe that it is our God-given right to be abundant, healthy and happy. Positive affirmations work best when our intentions stem from the heart, not from our ego-desire body; I am not sure how effective positive affirmations are for manifesting a lottery win.

We have so much negative reinforcement in our society that we need to balance this with positive reinforcement. The mainstream media, in particular, is responsible for this negative programming, as are some TV shows and movies. Positive affirmations are one method to help reprogram our subconscious and alter the way we think. Don't be concerned if you feel resistance or negative thoughts while reciting or listening to positive affirmations. In time, as you begin to think in a more positive way, the negative thoughts and beliefs will dissolve and will be replaced or upgraded.

I have created some positive affirmation recordings in audio format with music, which are a great way of adding some positivity and inspiration to your life. I suggest, as with anything you read or listen to, taking what resonates and discarding what doesn't. My meditations and affirmations are simply a guide to assist you in your journey and to help you grow with greater love and light.

Meditation should be an enjoyable exercise, which is why I don't teach more traditional forms of meditation with strict poses or hand positions. Guided meditation audio is convenient and, with a phone or mp3 player, can be listened to anywhere. Relaxing background music and sounds from nature enhance the listener's experience, making the meditations fun and satisfying. You can have your favourite guide with you at any time of the day or night, even to help you sleep. Whatever your need or desire, there is bound to be a guided meditation that can help you on your path in life.

Copyright Brad Austen 2021

https://www.mindful-meditations.com

Brad is an intuitive writer, channel, spiritual and meditation teacher and recording artist. He is passionate about writing and producing guided meditations to aid relaxation, healing and spiritual growth.

Last edited:
  • Love this post!
Reactions: Lila

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)