Solarham - space weather and amateur radio website (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I came across this website while watching Jordan Sather. I often go to Space Weather for solar news, but this one has quite a bit info in one place. There also is a nice collection of aurora photos.

http://www.solarham.net

SolarHam is a website all about the Sun and how it affects Earth. It is also an Amateur (Ham) Radio website.

SolarHam is routinely updated with breaking news, sometimes hours before other Space News websites. You can trust SolarHam.com for the most up to date and accurate solar information on the internet.

SolarHam.com launched on March 15, 2006. The purpose of the website is to provide real time solar news, as well as data from various sources, all located in one spot for easy navigation. Sources include,

NOAA Space Weather Prediction Center (SWPC),
Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO),
Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO),
Solar Terrestrial Relations Observatory (STEREO),
Advanced Composition Explorer (ACE),
Large Angle and Spectrometric Coronagraph Experiment (LASCO),
as well as many others.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
There's so much information on there.

This thread made me wonder if we need a separate board for space weather. This thread fits under the shift in consciousness as so much of what goes on relates, but then standard things in relation to space weather may not.

Hmm!

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I've bookmarked this one to watch as I can imagine it being lots of fun to see trends develop over time!
I like this much better than the FB link on the other post in which SolarHam was referred to. No surprise as I am not much of a FB fan:rolleyes:
Now I can see where other sites have likely taken some snaps of sun energies to post:D

Reactions: Stargazer

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
For information about the sun and what it's doing (and how it affects HAM radio) you can go to
https://www.solarham.net/

There's information about the solar wind stream, coronal holes, solar flux, sunspots, top 10 flares, solar storms and when the particles will reach earth, etc.

Maybe the big event on Jan 12, 2020 will be related to something on the sun.

Similar information is at NOAA Space Weather https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/.

High-energy particles from the sun can sometimes damage satellite communications but this doesn't happen very much, it might be noticeable once every 10+ years or so. Cable TV use satellites to transmit shows from satellites to a ground station in your city. Cell phones will also sometimes use a satellite if the calls are far apart. The solar weather also affects HAM radios.

• Cool Post
Reactions: Lila

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)