Solar Pannels (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
Over the last month i found over and over again signs that make it clear to be more self dependant.

I have a project in doing a self build portable solar device which can be good to have a part of electricity that comes not from a nearby nuclear plant in my case cattenom france.

As most solar pannels are expensif big and large i need to know where can i find solar pannels of a dimension of longest part like 1m or 90 cm, what do i have to take in consideration with battery power, how to link it to the house to use the charged energy.

Thank you in advance for your insights

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
I'm sorry I don't have any info that could help on this.
We looked into solar panels at one point and while the energy would be most welcome and independent, we were turned off by the materials. They are virtually unrecyclable. You go through the life of the solar panels then they are likely at that point obsolete and you have to dump it all for new.

I know there is no perfect option at this point. But I wish you luck in what you figure to work for you. ❤

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Lila

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Yep, sourcing the materials for panels and batteries, as well as recycling can be worrying. I live in a place with plenty of sun and wind, and it seems they would be great sources for energy.

One thing we did do was replace our old and leaky windows and patio doors with new double-pane ones. Wow, what a difference that has made. We had good insulation in the attic, but with all the old glass being replaced, I'm amazed at how well the house holds the preferred temperature.

Rebekah

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Maybe this thread could help you? Maybe you have already seen it though...apologies if you have:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)