Slumber Hotel (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
This gives a new meaning to slumber parties.

On the positive side, the holodeck idea in Star Trek fascinates me. Wouldn't it be cool to spend time with a historical or fictional character you liked? On the other hand, haven't there been movies where this did not turn out so well?

The 'Slumber Hotel' is a conceptual design put together by Zahra Safaverdi that is focused on sleeping and collecting dream data. The futuristic lodging aims to offer sleep pods that can be used to collect, manipulate and infuse dreams so guests can have an otherworldly experience while they are resting.

The hotel is designed to be private and secluded with a location that is only accessible via a courtyard. This offers the utmost privacy to guests, who are experimenting with dream states. The architecture of the space reflects the fluidity of dreams with a large amount of circles and curves located throughout the design. The focus of the hotel will be to offer a safe space to induce dreams so guests to become more comfortable with image manipulation while they slumber.

http://www.evolo.us/architecture/the-slumber-hotel/

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
This gives a new meaning to slumber parties.

On the positive side, the holodeck idea in Star Trek fascinates me. Wouldn't it be cool to spend time with a historical or fictional character you liked? On the other hand, haven't there been movies where this did not turn out so well?
Now that you mention it, I think the idea that our reality is some kind of "holodeck" experience is pretty interesting. To think that we might suddenly wake up one day to find ourselves in a completely different reality in a highly advanced society and this has all been some kind of game is a real mind-blower, if you ask me!

:):eek:O.o:DO.O

Reactions: June and Anaeika

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
This is a great idea and project and reminds me of the work that the Monroe Institute delves into. Lai Jumoke you may like this one.

I have some early ideas around designing a pod for past life regression, a bit like an isolation chamber but which also contains the practitioner, so there is a more controlled environment with not only sound proof surroundings, but a bed of water with a temperature that can be regulated, as info through one of my sessions gave through explaining a number of things like this which would help and take clients even deeper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)