Six Degrees with Mike Rowe (TV Series) (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
It is no secret that I'm a fan of Mike Rowe. He knows how to speak plainly and to the point, with the added benefit of a dry sense of humor. He had a hugely popular series, Dirty Jobs, where he learned how to do difficult and sometimes downright yucky jobs, but jobs we all need to happen to keep our lives going. From that work, he was inspired to create the mikeroweWORKS Foundation that provides scholarships for people to learn skills that are in demand.

In this series, Six Degrees, he steps back in time to show the links between discoveries and solutions in the past to something in the present. I promise you will not be disappointed. The info in the shows has turned up in some our daily conversations.

Can a mousetrap really cure your hangover? Did a garbage man give us a glimpse into the big bang? And how can a horseshoe help you find the perfect soulmate? Mike leaves no stone left unturned as he discovers the unexpected and uncovers some amazing answers.
One thing is certain – Mike’s wild travel back through time will show that truth is oftentimes stranger than fiction and reveal how interconnected we are in a time when everyone and everything feels so distant.

I'm watching in the US on Discovery and noticed an ad for it on Amazon Prime. Not sure where you might find it elsewhere, but it is worth the search.

Reactions: Laron
OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)