Silly Memes (3 Viewers)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I've done something like this.
Actually, I was traveling to a funeral across the ocean and the only available flight was fine to get me there on time if everything went smoothly (flight on time, no delays). I'd planned to go without baggage since that would be another way to make sure my timing was smooth and as I waited in the check-in line I noticed that this particular airline had a weight limit on cabin baggage.

I typically have heavy cabin baggage. Between my books and other things it always seems as if I'm ready to use my bag for carrying my stuff or alternately as a weapon to swing in case of need. So I used the next couple of minutes in line for planning and reorganizing.

First, I took out my biggest, heaviest book and kept it in my hand, reading it as I approached the counter. That was a few pounds right there. Then, I utilized the (thankfully) big pockets on my coat. I stuffed them carefully with every heavy item that would fit with an eye to not making it too obvious that I had heavily laden pockets. No squirmy nasties peeked out either:eek:

By the time I approached the counter to weight my bag it just fit in under the limit. Mission accomplished. Got to the funeral with a few minutes to spare. Phew!

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
I've done something like this.
Actually, I was traveling to a funeral across the ocean and the only available flight was fine to get me there on time if everything went smoothly (flight on time, no delays). I'd planned to go without baggage since that would be another way to make sure my timing was smooth and as I waited in the check-in line I noticed that this particular airline had a weight limit on cabin baggage.

I typically have heavy cabin baggage. Between my books and other things it always seems as if I'm ready to use my bag for carrying my stuff or alternately as a weapon to swing in case of need. So I used the next couple of minutes in line for planning and reorganizing.

First, I took out my biggest, heaviest book and kept it in my hand, reading it as I approached the counter. That was a few pounds right there. Then, I utilized the (thankfully) big pockets on my coat. I stuffed them carefully with every heavy item that would fit with an eye to not making it too obvious that I had heavily laden pockets. No squirmy nasties peeked out either:eek:

By the time I approached the counter to weight my bag it just fit in under the limit. Mission accomplished. Got to the funeral with a few minutes to spare. Phew!
You choose hagrids pockets not per chance?

Reactions: Carl
OP
Pucksterguy

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
I know that comic strip. I miss them in general. Calvin and Hobbs was a favorite. I'm wondering if memes are replacing or supplementing comics. I don't see many drawn comic series anymore. New or otherwise.

Reactions: Lila

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Always loved Larson. When I was living in Oxford in the mid 90ies I bought lots of postcards with his motives and I still have a collection of about 50 or so of it at home. I think this might have been among them too, at least I knew it from back then.

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
by beeing now on the old comics i loved the ones i saw a thing i cannot say of those of today, nothing better better than tom and jerry or coyotte and the roadrunner to have the message things are not always as you wish it for every party

Reactions: Snowmelt and Lila

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
OP
Pucksterguy

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
Ya know we like to kid about my vices, and i do like my beer but in this crazy world there's a reason for everything...

Reactions: Lila
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)