Share your Photography (Part 2) (2 Viewers)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Back in August, 2016, Samara began a thread titled Photography. As of June 2019, it has since had sixteen thousand views and 481 replies.

This is part two, as that thread reached seventeen pages and some bugs have been reported. This can happen when a thread gets that size.

So the purpose of the photography thread is to share your photography, meaning the photos you have taken with whatever device you may have used.

The definition of photography is simply the art, or practice of taking and processing photographs. This doesn’t mean they have to be professional — they can be photos of anything at any time, perhaps with bad lightning and a blurry focus. It doesn’t matter!

I remember back in the 90's when I was attending a Rudolf Steiner High School in Perth, Australia. One of our classes was photography. We visited a darkroom in Fremantle, which is a workshop for photographers to work with photographic film. I learnt how to develop my own film, and use SLR cameras back then.

Because of my 2D vision (I only see through one of my two eyes at a time), I tend to have a good eye with understanding what looks good. This has helped me take some good pictures and keep the correct ones when sorting through multiple shots (digital cameras are good for this).

Here’s a few photos of mine from over the years:

bee in garden by laron.jpg
A bee I captured hanging around in a garden.

caterpillar by laron.jpg
I was chopping some wood at my place west of the Blue Mountains in Sydney and found this little one (caterpillar) who I had to rescue.

beezle cat by laron.jpg
My cat Beezle, back in 2010 or so. (he's gone now)

fox cat by laron.jpg
My cat Fox, who was 16 at the time, back in 2010. (he's gone now)

wainui falls new zealand by laron.jpg
This is Wainui Falls in Golden Bay, New Zealand. I took it with my Olympus 8MPDSLR , Nov 2009.

milford sounds new zealand by laron.jpg
I took this on the road to Milford Sounds in the South Island of New Zealand

cold_rock_by_lar_on_d1k6ta6-pre.jpg
I took this at Wainui, Golden Bay, NZ.

parrot by laron.jpg
I took this in North Gosford at a place I was renting in NSW, Australia once upon a time.
It's time for you to share your photos again! (part 1 is here)

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
An eggstra-special picture for you all.

We've got small, medium, and large chickens, which means we have the same in egg sizes. Most of us probably never see the variety, so here are eggs from a Rhode Island Red (large), a Frizzle (small), and a Top Hat (medium). I did not get any green ones this time around - have to be quick as everyone likes them the best. BTW - farm fresh, free range are the best eggs ever. The brown one is a normal size you would get at the grocery store.

Eggs.JPG

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
We've got small, medium, and large chickens, which means we have the same in egg sizes.
I quite enjoy the variety of eggs that various egg producing animals put out. I like how you have them all lined up.

Did you take these ones?

Reactions: Linda

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
66809396_2348995788755741_6924771837150756864_n.jpg

This is from my daughter's holiday in southern Germany and Switzerland. I think this cow enjoying her attention is in a part of Switzerland near a town called Solothurn (her aunt lives there).

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Here's a few photos I took of my visit to NASA's SOPHIA (Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy) yesterday. I had free tickets before it was open to the public because I work for NZ Government.

From the car park across the tarmac (below), I proceeded onto the queue which was a lot longer than I expected. Only 50 people from my department had the tickets (out of 7,500) so I guess they had folk from other Government departments too!

20190720_101119.jpg

20190720_103939.jpg

20190720_105824.jpg

20190720_113646.jpg

And finally getting closer... closer... it was really cold (8c) and I hadn't brought my warm clothes. (I thought we would have been inside, not outside the entire time.) It was also raining on and off so I was damp. To get the door of the plane took about.... an hour and fifteen in the queue, including going through security.

20190720_114722.jpg

20190720_114950.jpg

20190720_115043.jpg

It reminded me a bit of the LHC.

And finally, time to leave:

20190720_115227.jpg

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
  • Love this post!
Reactions: Lila

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
Laron , fresh pics for you today of caterpillars. All my original pics I took this morning.

I don't know what this first one is. Plant is unknown but possibly some small tree. EDIT: plant is a small Chinese mulberry.

The next 2 are 2 different Monarch caterpillars.

Below: Monarch cat on swamp milkweed. This guy is upside down and if you look closely he is munching on the leaf.

Last edited:

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
It's hard to believe we are in fact in a chrysalis ourselves. We feel so much bigger than a "mere" insect, but really our life path takes us on its inevitable stages, too. Humanity as whole is doing the struggle part now, to become free of its past and move on transformed.

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
20190731_130003.jpg
Staining pine today. (What better job for a stained soul?) Nailing it to a wall tomorrow. Somebody remind me why I wanted to build a cottage? The fun never ends...It's all good, gonna get the main floor done by winter.

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
View attachment 7636
Staining pine today. (What better job for a stained soul?) Nailing it to a wall tomorrow. Somebody remind me why I wanted to build a cottage? The fun never ends...It's all good, gonna get the main floor done by winter.
Paint me nail me any way you want me...As long as you love me it’s alright...Paint me nail me any way you want me....You got the power to make me all bright:))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)