Share your homemade meals! c[_] (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
The crust actually held together beautifully after it cooled down appropriately, for all the concerned members here.
I think I'm going to make another pie soon.

Reactions: Lila and Laron

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I made another quiche recently (for my family visiting me from Sydney) but I put asparagus in it, instead of broccoli. That worked!

Reactions: Lila

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
I made another quiche recently (for my family visiting me from Sydney) but I put asparagus in it, instead of broccoli. That worked!
Mmmm. Asparagus in quiche is very tasty! I have a recipe for a leek frittata. Quite a bit of gruyere cheese but oh so tasty with all the leeks. (seriously calls for a ton of them.)

Also, i made another peach pie today.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Due to circumstances and who I shared the Christmas meal with (my daughter, her father, and his wife) we had an extremely simple but yummy repast. I took a single bowl of brown rice risotto, and we also had one plate of marinaded, fried chicken pieces, one plate of pasta pesto (my daughter's favourite and she ate it all), a simple green salad with fresh herbs from the garden, some sliced seed bread, some cherries and red grapes, some German Christmas stollen (type of fruit bar), and a couple of Lindt chocolates each.

The result of which was that nobody was choked up and overfull from eating their Christmas dinner. It's a different way of having Christmas, I know.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Yum. Curry on New Years Eve is a tradition with me, it used to be in restaurants. Last night's curry was potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, red capsicum, ginger, garlic, onions, mustard seeds, hot malay curry powder.

Reactions: Laron

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
Sweet chili chicken nachos
  1. Cut up and cook chicken.
  2. Put on top of nacho chips.
  3. Add sweet chili sauce, the Thai variety.
  4. Add chopped onions or other veg you like.

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
Chili cheese dip
  1. Melt Velveeta, or similar cheese, in a crock pot. Normal cheese will glob up and be a mess, don't use it.
  2. Add one can chili of your choice.
  3. Heat and stir.
  4. Serve with tortilla chips, or anything else you like.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alain
OP
Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Just a friendly reminder about the purpose of the thread:

Feel free to share photos of your latest food creations from home. The aim of this thread is to visually show our creations. This is really about the look of how we present our recipe, rather than how to make it. But it's also about being clever and creative with how we take the photo of our meal.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I did not get a picture, either. However, mine was a bit different.
I had 3 big baggies of fruit and veggie leavings for the pigs' Christmas meal.

• Cool Post
Reactions: Laron

Tristan

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Out of respect for the vegans/vegos here is some older ones I've prepared. The first are tofu sausage rolls and second is tofu, chilli scramble

• Love this post!
  • Yum yum!
Reactions: Laron and Alain

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Okay. My turn. By exception. Normally I don't like cooking and standing in the kitchen for long. And most of all I'm not a cook at all. Even though a vegan now I still like just the 'fast and ready' meal. It's a challenge now even more than when I was 'only' vegetarian. (I miss my fast-ready pizzas by the way, still no vegan alternative in sight for me).

So today took a little more time for peeling and cutting. Cooking wasn't so much anyway as you can see. So here we go with a very BASIC meal. Nothing fancy. Just the real stuff. No BS. :-)) o:)

And most of all, and it makes me very proud: all VEGAN and all ORGANIC!

:hbounce

Even the spices used (still let them on the table). The cookies for dessert. The fruit and the vegetable juice. The mayonnaise! I love mayo and am happy that I now also have a vegan-organic variant that does not taste differently at all. It's perfect. Yeah, I know it's still too fatty stuff, but hey, some sins you can't let go of.

So the meal, as you can see, is VERY BASIC (not that I did a little more fancy stuff before, esp. with the frying pan):

Salted/spiced boiled (organic) potatoes with mayo as a side sauce. The 'salad' als VERY basic and simple: organic carrots, tomatoes and cucumber with dressing of that same mayo and spices.

Also added (for photo show) the supplements (all organic and vegan of course) I took this time with it, they change though. Here it is three vegan powder (mix) capsules: tumeric (curcumin) with black pepper (taken together for better bioavailability, it's all great for digestion and a lot more), medicinal mushroom mix Auricularia and Reishi (good for blood, liver and so much more), holy/mary/milk thistle (the silymarin is good for the liver especially).

The organic veggie's juice contains tomatoes (as the title says), celery, carots and beetroot. The cookies for the small dessert (together with the orange) are also all organic and vegan.

Most of it I actually get from my local discounter shop which is already really very good, just the mayonnaise and the supplements I got from somewhere else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)