Scientifically-Proven Religious Experiences? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
www.lornawilsonqhhthealing.co.uk
This is an interesting article...

Using unusually rigorous scientific conditions and measures, Johns Hopkins researchers have shown that the active agent in ‘sacred mushrooms’ can induce mystical/spiritual experiences descriptively identical to spontaneous ones people have reported for centuries.” – John Hopkins Press Release

INTRODUCTION

Practically blasphemy to mainstream religions, world governments, and the mainstream population is the idea that psychedelics could have the undeniably and scientifically-measurable effect of inducing religious experiences. This revelation is undoubtedly many people’s worst nightmare: How can such “dangerous” and “demonic” hallucinogens that countless people have literally been killed or put into prison for growing, exploring, or ingesting be capable of providing any one of us with what could amount to a direct and very personal pathway to God?

According to a rigorous scientific study at John Hopkins University and carefully-controlled follow-ups, the proverbial hallucinogenic cat is out of the bag.

These are the same hallucinogens that have systematically been demonized in world culture, that world governments have poured untold billions of our tax dollars into a flawed and failed Drug War to fight against. The opening line of the 2011 report from the Global Commission on Drug Policy says it all: “The global war on drugs has failed, with devastating consequences for individuals and societies around the world” (Global Commission on Drug Policy 2011).

Please, take a moment to read the opening quote again and let it really sink in; it’s still sinking in for me. Do I mean to say that, according to this study, none of us need middlemen like priests and deacons and rabbis, and that we don’t actually need to step into or pour our hard-earned money into places such as churches, temples, or synagogues to find or commune with God?

Read more: http://entheology.com/features/scientifically-proven-religious-experiences/

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
These hallucinogenic drugs are beneficial if used in controlled environments to help people to go within and to truly wake up. In addition, I've read so many stories about drug and alcohol addicts taking a hallucinogen and it actually rewired their brain. They no longer felt the need to "check out" of their life after the experience because they began to understand why they were alive on earth at this time. If these drugs are used for healing and Spritual purposes they can really change a person.

Reactions: Kristy

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
My experiences date back to my early 20's (40+ years ago). All that I recall is that they were pleasant and fun. Perhaps my brain was already wired that way. lol
One thing I do recall is watching after other people in the groups. I could tell when someone getting uncomfortable. So, I would put on music from Neil Young - it always brought people back to a happy place. (He probably would like that.)

Kristy

Star child
Retired Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
3rd rock from the Sun
I have A LOT of knowledge when it comes to psilocybe. Most people don't know that each strain, whether in the same genus or not, has different effects depending on the dose. Also there are different levels you can achieve by taking certain dosage. Of course the more inner work you want to do on yourself or religious experience you want to have the higher the dose you would have to take.

I find that some people give them a bad rap because they do it just for the "high" but as with any plant it needs to be respected and when you have that level of respect you will achieve a better outcome and can get some real ego work done.

I plan to share my knowledge within this forum to help people understand more on what these little fungi can do.

OP
Lorna Wilson

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
www.lornawilsonqhhthealing.co.uk
LOL in the 80's where we were able to pick them in the farmers fields we used them purely for fun and enjoyment. Now, though we think of them as a sacred teacher plant. Here in the UK we have the option of picking them or ordering grow kits or truffles from Europe. I was amazed when growing my own that there was so many beautiful shades of shimmery blue/green colors when drying.

I plan to share my knowledge within this forum to help people understand more on what these little fungi can do.
Yes please share with us Kristy so that we can all learn.

Reactions: Bill and Vickie

Kristy

Star child
Retired Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
3rd rock from the Sun
LOL in the 80's where we were able to pick them in the farmers fields we used them purely for fun and enjoyment. Now, though we think of them as a sacred teacher plant. Here in the UK we have the option of picking them or ordering grow kits or truffles from Europe. I was amazed when growing my own that there was so many beautiful shades of shimmery blue/green colors when drying.

Yes please share with us Kristy so that we can all learn.
Mycology is by far one of my favorite horticulture practices whether it is gourmet or medicinal. Unfortunately in the US it is legal to have the psilocybe spores for research but not legal to grow so I cannot confirm or deny in the cultivation.

When I was younger I also did them for "fun" just like other things but as I got older and learned more about myself and the universe through many of learning practices I know how special all plant life is and what benefits can be obtained.

Plants are living organisms such as ourselves and they have their own energy that needs to be respected just as any other life. They can be kind and gentle or can be ugly and vindictive. Either way I love to teach people about all plant life and show them all of the wonders of the universe ✨

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)