Saqqara (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Home / History & Archaeology / Archaeological discoveries / Spectacular Discoveries at Saqqara

Since September 2020, archaeologists excavating the famous Saqqara necropolis in Egypt have announced a list of amazing ancient discoveries. They’ve unearthed numerous burial shafts with sealed coffins, many containing mummies, as well as hundreds of statues, stelae, toys, wooden boats, funerary masks, and a papyrus depicting Chapter 17 of the Book of the Dead. Recently they also announced the discovery of the funerary temple of King Teti’s wife, Queen Nearit, and a luxurious mud-brick shrine dating back to the New Kingdom. These wonderful discoveries have confirmed that the Saqqara area was not only used for burials during the Late Period, but also during the New Kingdom Period.

painted sarcophagus_Saqqara find.jpg
Credit: Egyptian Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities

• Insightful Post
  • Love this post!
  • Thank you!
Reactions: Pod, Laron and Carl

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I was just reading about this. Now I'm wondering what else will come to light with this <3

OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Here is an excerpt from a book I am currently reading, called "Initiation". It is the autobiographical story of Elisabeth Haich. It is the story of a spiritual quest, and a remembering in great detail of a life she lived as a Pharaoh's daughter (and wife, later on) and she was part of the bloodline "Sons of God" - which in my estimation means Annunaki, whilst they still resided on Earth in physical bodies. She had the elongated skull shape, and increased psychic powers, in the remembered Egyptian life.

"Suddenly, I began to hear a strange sound which repeated itself in a rhythmical way, a kind of snapping noise which became louder and louder, till I abruptly regained consciousness and awoke.

I open my eyes and notice that the rhythmical sound is coming from the whip of a slave-driver who is marching beside me and cracking his whip to keep all the slaves who are pulling me in step. I am reclining on something like a sledge on rails which glides along slowly. I realize that I am being taken away from the palace; a moment ago I heard the doors being closed.

I want to jump up, but find that I cannot. I am unable to move a muscle, because I am wrapped up tightly from my neck right down to my feet. I am lying there, as though hewn out of a piece of marble, my hands crossed over my chest, my legs stretched out side by side. From this position, I can only look straight ahead or gaze upwards. Looking in the direction of my feet, in the brilliant sunshine, I see the naked, perspiring backs of the men who are pulling me on and on in continuous movement. Above and beyond them, in the distance, a white stone building looms up, a black cavity seeming to mark an entrance. In the gleaming white light, the walls of the building stand out starkly against the dark blue sky. As the slaves continue forward, the building seems to approach, and the black cavity becomes larger and larger.

The sky above seems so intensely blue it seems almost black. Two large birds circle slowly overhead - storks or cranes?

The stone building suddenly appears to be very near; the black cavity yawns wide.... yes ..... it really is an opening. Now I recognize it. We are in the City of the Dead! This is a tomb! We arrive, the slaves enter and disappear into the darkness. Now the cavity engulfs me... and suddenly the world around me becomes black after the blinding sunshine outside. Everything is gone... I am in complete darkness! A terrible fear grips me, and I silently search for an answer to the question, "How long - how long must I stay in here, a prisoner?" Clearly, I hear a familiar voice, calmly and impertubably telling me its inexorable will:

"Three thousand years..."

Another excerpt (she re-lives many past-life memories during the first half of the book). Her birth family in this life are well-off Swiss in the early part of the 20th century, nothing at all to do with Egypt:-

"As we were sitting at the family table next morning, I said to my Father: "Father, in school we learnt that the pyramids were the burial places of the ancient kings. That's not true! Not all the pyramids were graves, some were used for quite different purposes. The dead were buried outside the city in a special burial city. They were carried out of town in coffins very similar to sledges, where they were then immured in large buildings. The tombs were closed with stone doors."

My father gave me an astonished look and said, "How on earth can you know that, when all the scientists agree that the pyramids were the tombs of the Pharaohs, yet never mention a City of the Dead?"

"I'm quite sure, Father, that this is the way it is," I said, knowing what I had seen to be true.

"Well, tell us how you know," he said, and everybody gazed at me expectantly.

"I know it, and yet I cannot explain it", I said and told them of my vision. My father listened attentively and noticed that even then I shivered with fright when I recalled my experiences. Seeing that I was obviously telling something I had taken part in, he replied "In Hamlet, Shakespeare says: There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Nowadays people talk about inherited memories, a thing I do not believe in. I'd like to know how the history of a whole family, containing innumerable ancestors, can be contained in one minute living cell? Scientists evolve great theories which change every twenty years. I don't advise you to worry about these things, and don't think about your dream - or your vision - whatever you want to call it. It would simply disturb your mental balance. Maybe you read something about the subject in some paper?"

"No, Father, I've never yet read or heard anything about Egypt except what they taught us in school. It never interested me. Yet in school, I learnt things which were completely different from my experiences in my vision. I cannot explain what this vision should mean, for I'm absolutely certain that the facts I witnessed were correct in detail. I'm also certain that the person I was in my dream existed, yet I cannot explain how I can be this person in the present. Who was the other person? I don't understand. Can it be possible, that human beings live more than once?"

"May I have some fruit?" my father said, turning to my mother. The fruit was brought to the table, and the family talked about other matters.

• New to me!
Reactions: Lila
OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
It is the famous Dr Zahi Hawass who is leading the archaeological find in Saqqara (ongoing since 2010 when they first found a burial tomb of a Queen next to that of King Teti, from 4,200 years ago). Dr Hawass was interviewed on January 17, 2021 to display some of the finds to the public. He said originally, they didn't know the name of the Queen, but now they know it was Queen Neit, the wife of King Teti. It was Dr Hawass who famously debunked everything Graham Hancock had to say about Egyptology. Dr Hawass follows the conventional Egyptologist line about timelines, dates, and the purpose of the ancient building forms and community layouts that have been found. There is a very amusing video of an interaction at a conference between Dr Hawass and Graham Hancock, where Dr Hawass stormed out of the building, unable to handle being challenged.

This small vignette of the incident was captured by an audience member at the conference on 22nd April, 2015, in Cairo, Egypt.

saqqara-wooden sarcophagi displayed 17-1-2021.jpg
Adorned wooden sarcophagi on display for the interview on January 17, 2021. There have been 59 intact coffins found. The coffins were found stacked at the bottom of three 12-metre shafts (high-density funeral space!)

egypt-saqqara-Queen Neit wife of King Teti 4200 years old.jpg
The wooden sarcophagus that has been identified as containing the mummy of Queen Neit (dated 4,200 years old)

saqqara-papyrus-book-of-dead large papyrus.jpg
Remains of a large papyrus found in the burial shaft which belongs to the Book of the Dead (making up Chapter 17). Credit: Egyptian Ministry of Antiquities.

"The team also found a papyrus about 13 feet long and three feet wide, on which Chapter 17 of the Book of the Dead is written in hieroglyphics, with the name of its owner recorded on it. The Book of the Dead is an ancient manuscript that explains how to navigate through the afterlife to reach the field of the Aaru — paradise, to ancient Egyptians ." (From CBS News interview)

Last edited:
  • Jaw Dropping Post
Reactions: Lila
OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
The Saqqara excavation story will be told in a Smithsonian Channel docuseries called Tomb Hunters, scheduled to air in 2021 (if you can stomach anything from the Smithsonian - ugh).

"Saqqara, located around 20 miles south of Cairo, is one of Egypt’s richest archaeological sites. Home to the 4,700-year-old Step Pyramid, Egypt’s oldest surviving pyramid that’s about 200 years older than the more-famous Pyramids at Giza, the site was used as a burial ground for more than 3,000 years."

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)