Samsung will help you forget (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Samsung has launched a service in Sweden that helps you forget TV programs so you can watch them again. I know, I know - this must be joke, right? Nope, I checked out the story, and found the Samsung site. I had the same reaction as the author - are you nuts! I suspect the leadership at Samsung has much the same core beliefs, as does Facebook - people are such dummies.

Plus, there is the question about so much TV, but I digress.

Samsung has some questionable practices, including their smart TVs that "watch" you. When our old Samsung went out, we considered a newer model, but after reading about all the stuff they actually admit to doing, we decided on an average TV.

“Unspoil Me” claims it can “erase the memory” of a TV show you’ve watched, allowing you to watch it again for the first time.

Did you ever tell yourself: “I wish there was a corporate website that could hypnotize me and erase part of memory”? If so, what is wrong with you? Also, you’re in luck.

Samsung’s Swedish site includes a bizarre feature called Unspoil Me – a 23-minute hypnosis session comprised of swirling patterns, mesmerizing music and a hypnotherapist controlling your mind. The aim is to get your brain to forget your favorite TV show in order for you to watch it again – as if it was the first time.

Although I went to the site, I did not activate the process. My brain and I get along just fine, and I don't need anyone else messing with it. Apparently, the author did review the process. Here is part of what he reports. You all might want to read the whole article. If you are like me, you will be scratching your head and wondering what in the world are people thinking - if they are at all.

When the session begins, hypnotic patterns swirl on screen as the hypnotist introduces himself. The vibe is very creepy and the fact that the guy sounds like a James Bond villain does NOT help. Then, the music starts and the hypnotist asks the listener to focus on the swirling pattern.

Then, one must count backward from 300 as the hypnotist keeps repeating about going to a “deeper place”. At one point, one must envision a set of 10 stairs going down to an even “deeper place”. The hypnotist then asks the participant to walk down the stairs as he tells a story about an emperor and a mathematician. There’s lots neuro-linguistic programming going on there.

https://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/samsung-launches-a-site-that-can-erase-your-memory-with-hypnosis/

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Wow. This begs the question...what ELSE are they programming you for? And, is this just an experiment for something even more nefarious? Um, YEAHHH!!!

:rolleyes: O_o s:p :)|

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Wow, I guess this proves that some figure that one can 'spin' anything so that it is a 'good' thing.
Who needs a working brain anyway?s:p

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I can describe the mind that thinks this is ok. It is one that is accustomed to being spoon fed and told what to do. It is not one that has been taught to think critically or make rational decisions. It has a short attention span and changes with whichever way the wind blows. If a known source (Samsung) says this is good, then it must be.

What has been systematically removed from our public education? Critical thinking - an environment that encourages questions - teachers who know how to do this. Oh dear, I'm in danger of ascending one of my favorite soap boxes - pull back, pull back.

FYI - I'm guessing that standing on a soap box might not translate well. In the 1800s, supplies were shipped in wooden crates, and the ones for soap were more sturdy. So, people could use it as a makeshift platform from which to give a speech. Children also found a use - add wheels and make a car, and the races became known as soap box derbies.

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
can describe the mind that thinks this is ok. It is one that is accustomed to being spoon fed and told what to do.
In other words, they are brainwashed and it will be difficult to make them change. Even when they hit the wall or have to face the consequences of their actions they will always fault somebody or something else. Example? We could start with many people in California. Which reminds me that we must keep trying to get Stargazer to move from California to Texas ;).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)