Quick fixes: food - nutrient associations (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
There are some foods I now associate with certain nutrients. These have been picked up over the years in conversation with various people.
With them, I can pick a food for a nutrient that I think may be missing. Here are a few nutty ones to get started with:

selenium - get your daily does with one brazil nut
magnesium - yum, lots of that in hazelnuts, I'm told. Also, in epsom salt baths, though that may be cheating since we don't usually drink our bathwater.

Does anybody else have some food-nutrient quick associations?

Reactions: Anaeika and Linda

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
magnesium - yum, lots of that in hazelnuts, I'm told. Also, in epsom salt baths, though that may be cheating since we don't usually drink our bathwater.
out of my head I'd also add Cashews

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
quinoa - provides essential amino acids - all the ones our bodies do not produce and it is gluten free

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Rose hips (rose fruit) for a powerful punch of vitamin c, higher than in citrus. During WWII, the British government advised their population to produce their own rose hip syrup, jams, & tea since citrus was scarce.

Reactions: Lila

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Chlorophyll - WHEATGRASS

... and for a lot of good stuff more!

"15 pounds of wheatgrass is the equivalent of 350 pounds of carrots, lettuce, celery and so forth. Wheatgrass contains no less than thirteen vitamins and all 20 essential amino acids. It also contains chlorophyll which has some proven health and anti-cancer properties"

https://www.naturalnews.com/026418_chlorophyll_wheatgrass_skin.html

"A rich source of Vitamin A, C, and B Vitamins / Packed with calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, sulphur, cobalt, and zinc"

https://www.collective-evolution.com/2016/08/18/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-incredible-healing-powers-of-wheatgrass/

I always have a jar of it (organic of course) in my fridge.
:cool:

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
always have a jar of it (organic of course) in my fridge.
Where do you get a jar of it? Every now and then I can buy a small square of it from the grocery story and juice it myself or buy a shot of it from the smoothie shop.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I always have a jar of it (organic of course) in my fridge.
I like wheatgrass, too, and there are a few sources nearby. I did not know it would store in the fridge - got to look around.

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Wwhhhhhhaaaaaaaat?!?!?!?!?!
How is the quality? Do you recommend a supplier?
I trust that supplier. Why should it be different from a market supplier? They do the same thing and get it from 'somewhere' so you gotta check 'somewhere'. It's organic and clean (tested in lab), produced as 'Fair Trade' and under social circumstances to help the respective local economy in Africa or Asia. I also buy their organic Moringa capsules (cool stuff).

Last edited:
Reactions: Anaeika and Lila
OP
Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Oh, here's another: coconut oil for middle chain fatty acids (not found in that many food sources).

Reactions: Sinera and Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
I trust that supplier. Why should it be different from a market supplier? They do the same thing and get it from 'somewhere' so you gotta check 'somewhere'. It's organic and clean (tested in lab), produced as 'Fair Trade' and under social circumstances to help the respective local economy in Africa or Asia. I also buy their organic Moringa capsules (cool stuff).
Can you PM who you get yours from please? Thank you. :)

Did you know Laron is on a moringa farm? You could get it from him. It is cool stuff.

Reactions: Lila and Sinera

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Can you PM who you get yours from please? Thank you. :)

Did you know @Laron is on a moringa farm? You could get it from him. It is cool stuff.
It is the link I provided already above (click on the text and you see the big jar).
Here is the shop ('bio' means 'certified organic' in my language): https://www.ebay.de/str/biomoringa
But they do not deliver outside of Europe. :(

Reactions: Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
It is the link I provided already above (click on the text and you see the big jar).
Here is the shop ('bio' means 'certified organic' in my language): https://www.ebay.de/str/biomoringa
But they do not deliver outside of Europe. :(
Oh duh! I did not see the hyperlink originally. *smacks head*
Thank you for sharing. I will have to keep looking around for myself, but I may just go back to growing it myself.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
bio means in a good part of cases make even more money because it s fake receiving only less pesticides and so

wheat grass i must search about that one thx

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
Magnesium citrate is great for irritability, so is camomile tea. I thought camomile tea would make me sleepy but it doesn't. It just calms me.

There is a product called "Calm" on Amazon which has mag citrate.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
There is a product called "Calm" on Amazon which has mag citrate.
This is a good product. I’ve tried it too.

It has to be magnesium CITRATE, not the other type. It is also good to relieve muscle tension too. It does help w mood, like you said. And it is good for post partum depression.

Reactions: Lila and Laron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)