Qi Gong (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Is there anyone here who practices Qi Gong?

Of all the types of exercises/practices, this one speaks to me the most.

M

Martin

I do Linda on a fairly regular basis. :) What would you like to know?

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I do Linda on a fairly regular basis. :) What would you like to know?
I've noticed that their are several practices (I guess that is the right word) and wonder how you would describe the differences.

I need to work on my flexibility, especially with some old scar tissue in my back.

Are you aware of youtube videos that might be helpful?

The only teacher here is on the other side of town, and classes put me on the freeways at rush hour - don't want to do that!!

Thanks

M

Martin

A practice I do most days, usually between 5-7pm (kidney time), which will be of help both for your back and flexibility (and kidneys at the same time!) is actually quite a passive exercise. It's designed to stretch out both your legs (alternating), back, shoulders and arms in one go. I have use of the bit of equipment in the pic (called a stretch bench of course!) but you can just as easy use a couple of chairs pushed together and the edge of a wall, or alternatively just lie on the floor with both legs up against a wall at the same time.

A video of someone doing this in practice with just a couple of chairs can be viewed from 19m15s here....

I spend half an hour on the bench most days (15 mins each leg) but I'd recommend perhaps starting at about 5mins each leg (or at the same time) and work your way up from there.

My hamstrings and back have straightened out a lot through doing this practice consistently - it's helped me to sit upright unsupported for longer periods of time too...... so can be of benefit if you regularly meditate also.

Anyway, worth a try..... if you give it a whirl, let me know how you get on! :)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Linda

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Is there anyone here who practices Qi Gong?

Of all the types of exercises/practices, this one speaks to me the most.
The new moderator of this board @Latriza Petrie, has been practicing Qi Gong for the last ten years I understand. :)

Reactions: Brian
OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
A practice I do most days, usually between 5-7pm (kidney time), which will be of help both for your back and flexibility (and kidneys at the same time!) is actually quite a passive exercise. It's designed to stretch out both your legs (alternating), back, shoulders and arms in one go.
Martin, you get a gold star for this exercise suggestion. Five minutes per leg was all I could manage the first time.
The explanation of how the exercise works to help the energy flow along the meridians is interesting.
I can tell this is going to be an important exercise.
For the rest of you - it is worth a try.

Reactions: Martin
OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Reporting in after a few days - feeling better - I can tell this is an important exercise
It is easy to do and worth a look

M

Martin

Hi Linda. I've barely been online these last few days - lots of travelling......and consequently little actual qigong! :oops:

Great to hear that you're finding this exercise worthwhile - it is so straightforward to do (though not without a degree of challenge!) yet is surprisingly effective..... it's just about relaxing into it really and allowing gravity to do the work! :D

I hope it continues to be of benefit to you. :) i'll hopefully get back into my own routine of doing it in the next few days.

Reactions: Linda

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)