Pumping Iron Is For Grandmothers, Too (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Linda submitted a new article.

Pumping Iron Is For Grandmothers, Too
To everyone who is younger — don't stop exercising! Pumping iron is for grandmothers, too.

The other day I was sitting in the front yard with our four-legged visitor, and a neighbor came over to say hello. He started to walk away and turned back saying "OMG, do you need help getting up?". Sigh........

I used to be very active - swam a mile, hiked, walked in races, rode my bike long distances, skied, and even tried hang-gliding. Where did this woman go, and more importantly, how can I get her back.

I'm back to walking and stretching with some basic yoga. I've heard that weight bearing exercise, such as walking, was very important, but I came across this article about the value of lifting weights.

Many...
Click here to continue on to the original article. You will be able to comment using a Disqus account (www.disqus.com) if you are logged in with Disqus.

Reactions: Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)