Psychic confusion how do you know? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Jane brace

Just Arrived
Sep 5, 2019
I often wonder about how you can tell the difference between a vision and just a fanciful thought ?

I've often have quite a lot of coincidences with things I see or know who's going to say what. But I've always been to nevous to speak up and say something incase I'm wrong and just look like an donkey A word .

I'm so interested in learning about how to develop sight but literally no clue where to start either?!
How did anyone else on here start?

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I've always seen things that others did not, but it has become more pronounced in these last few years.

Seeing things not normally seen, such as spirits, orbs, other beings. For me, they pass through my physical vision for a few seconds.

Seeing things with my inner eye (third eye). I know I'm not seeing it with my physical eyes, but I don't know how to explain the difference.

For example, one day I looked out the window and saw a maroon SUV in the driveway. My husband's car was on its last legs, so I thought it was a sign of a new car for him. A few days later he did come home in that car, but it was a rental because his car was in the shop. This also is an example of interpretation of a vision - lol.

I'm pretty slow to speak about these things with others because they do not understand, and I don't need to be considered any more eccentric than I already am. However, here you can talk away - everyone gets it.

How to develop -
personally, I find that being more present - not multi-tasking - helps
diet plays a big role - eating better quality food and drink (cutting out processed food)
anything that helps you relax and center - exercise, meditation, being outdoors
believing in yourself.

I have a good example of the last one. I attended a meeting where a young woman spoke about her experiences as a walk-in. I don't often see auras around people, but I did with her. Then I saw a light-body behind her. My first thought was "No, I can't be seeing that", and it started to fade. Then I caught myself and thought "Yes, I am seeing that", and it brightened back up.

OP
Jane brace

Jane brace

Just Arrived
Sep 5, 2019
Thank you so much I'm the same ! I'm different to most people so I don't need anyone thinking I'm weirder its bad enough my work colleagues are starting to look at me odd because at times I know what they are about to say and without thinking I answer the un asked question.

For example my colleague was about to say something to me all she said was Jane my back was turned to her and I answered oh yes the application for such person thank you I need that . ... I don't think she's looked the same at me since

But it's also things like sometimes I just know what is going to happen only small things but I know it's like a weird feeling in my stomach .

In the past I've had a couple of death warnings.... For which I hope I never have again as thinking about losing a loved one when they are alive sucks and makes you feel like your a horrible person for thinking it but then when it happens it's worse coz someone had tried to warn you.

But I really want to learn how to improve it !
Thank you for the tips I'm going to read into how to change me diet also and what foods help .
I love the outdoors and always out on my horses they are my peace .

How old were you before it got stronger if you don't mind me asking as I wonder if it's a kind of awakening as such

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Because my parents and grandparents accepted me as I was, I never knew I was different. I have that same knowing, but did not understand that most people do not until I was in college. I was walking back into a room with several friends and heard one ask my roommate if it was weird living with someone who knows what you are thinking. She said it was at first but she got used to it. I'm not conscious of reading someone mind - it all happens on another level.

Now in the work world, some people got used to me and a few really disliked me. However, they were not nice people - so would not want anyone knowing what really was going on in their heads.

The warnings are something else - if it is something like drive this way and not the other way, well that is simple. Other warnings - well.... I'd driven to the city where my parents lived to see my dad who was very ill. We had as nice as visit as we could have, and on the way home I had a knowing it was the last time I would see him alive (and it was). Do I go back and be all tearful, or do I go on leaving the visit as it was (I went on). I certainly was not going to tell him that. In fact, I just kept it to myself - I knew the message was just for me.

What to share and not share is a tricky business.

For me, seeing, hearing, and feeling other things got stronger when I set out on this phase of my life - more attention to what I ate, regular meditation, taking time just for myself, and being around like-minded people such as on this site. It definitely jumped a notch about 10 years ago.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
ut it's also things like sometimes I just know what is going to happen only small things but I know it's like a weird feeling in my stomach.
It sounds like you already have a good idea of what to feel for. For most of us, I believe that learning to trust 'that feeling' and tell it apart from other feelings and thoughts is the tricky part; as you mention in your first post.

I was advised to test out my sense/feeling on everyday things and play with it. One of my (simple) favorites is playing yahtzee and deciding what to do with the first five dice that land.
I've played enough that I know fairly well the odds of any given combination occurring.
And then there's that feeling that I should play another set of odds. Which do I listen to?
In this case the game of yahtzee makes a handy playing field on which to try out 'what if I listen to this feeling' or do I listen to it only if it feels this particular way or only if it arrives immediately or whatever. I can toss the dice over and over again, testing out my theories which makes this a favorite method. It's just so simple.

There are others, like playing with what path I should return home by and then observing traffic flow, interesting things to see along the way or a friend walking by; but only if I took the path my feeling led me to. Lots of ways to practice listening to that feeling.

I agree with Linda that being present is the key and many things can play into that. For me it's mostly being relaxed and not in a hurry or busy with other thoughts. However, even if I am in the midst of a whirlwind I can get 'that feeling' or it can come 'out of the blue' when I'm not expecting it. It just has to 'shout' a little louder to get my attention and be a bit more convincing.

The best piece of advice I got on this was to play with it. It is so much easier to be present when in a playful mood and it makes life much more fun too.

I was probably another one who didn't realize that not everyone saw the world as I did. Things got more interesting in that regard after my life slowed down (not by choice initially) and I began to notice more 'little' or subtle things. Then, discovering a place like the Roundtable where we could share ideas was an immense relief and teaching aid. I've learned so much from the folks here and the magic just keeps getting better:-D

The best part is that it's now become part of my everyday life and I've found ways to incorporate it into my life in little ways that are not too shocking for others with easy phrases and word pictures (like the analogy that people who are blind have much more developed 'other' senses or noting that dogs always seem to know when their owner is coming even before they could have heard them) so that it is easier for me and those around me to talk about. This has had the beautiful effect of the people I know and love finding it easier to talk about their own 'more odd' experiences. I've had some really jaw dropping conversations with people I never would have expected to accept such possibilities... and so, I find teachers everywhere.

Visions vs Imagination. If it's open eyed I blink a few times and look away and then look back - if it's gone it was likely a Vision or Psychic Event. If it's still there I likely have a very high fever and things are gonna get bad.
Signs and Synch - I usually wait for the same message to come in 3 times. Or I used to, these days I trust the mechanisms of the Universe so much I don't need two verifications.
There were some other things I was going to say, but forgot, it's been 2 days since I started this responce. Crazy life!

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
I often wonder about how you can tell the difference between a vision and just a fanciful thought ?
I was like you about a year ago. I had my doubts. I thought I had to live as a monk in the mountains for 30 years to have any special abilities. Now I know that is not true.

The spirits I talk to (and who talk back) have different personalities, ways of speech, and I can see some of them, like their clothing. That's how I know it's a different personality. For other issues I just trust, but I'm always searching for bad spirits and watch out for them. In the case of my guardian angel (GA), she had the same sense of humor I do but she also had a serious, more somber side. Eventually, as I meditated on this issue and asked questions, I found out she and I had been good friends for many lifetimes and I asked her to be my GA in this lifetime, and she agreed.

Another issue is when I ask my GA for a burst of positive energy for protection or banishing attacks, I feel a subtle rush of energy which makes my hairs stand on end. The energy usually starts at the bottom of my back, goes up, and often goes across my arms. It happens every time I ask. After giving freely she admonished me gently and said "It's the caffeine silly." And she's right. Caffiene plays a part in my panic attacks, or perceived panic attacks. I am the architect of most of my own problems.

You just have to trust yourself, ask questions of your GA, and understand that things will not be given to you (except love), that you have to work for them. Answers from your GA may be confusing as you do not have the complete context yet for that answer. All of this difficult life has the purpose of a learning experience. Of course some people make life even more difficult with the choices they make. Love is given freely anytime you ask and you should ask a lot, because energy needs to flow, and the good guys want to help you. It needs to go from one place to another and by practicing opening up your mind you will learn to open up easier to receive it.

So one of the earliest times that I accepted I was talking to my GA I could see her in my mind very happy, jumping up and down with excitement, and her energy was keeping me awake as I was trying to go to sleep. This went on for an hour and then I had to politely block her energy so I could sleep. It was THAT strong. At this point her happy energy was so strong the joy was making me cry.

I have also seen a ghost with my physical eyes, and several other things have happened to me that I cannot explain. So I do believe there is something to this.

I recommend you mediate every day for at least 15 minutes. There is good free meditation music on Youtube and Bitchute that you can listen to to get you started. That will help you clear your mind. Then explore and see what you find out there. It's a huge universe.

As for your death warnings, death is merely a change in state. The old body is shed, and a new chapter in life begins. Death is not the end. My NDE convinced me of that.

I do believe you have talents, I also get confirmation from my GA, but not all people will understand your talents. Best of luck to you and I'm here to answer any questions you might have!

Last edited:
OP
Jane brace

Jane brace

Just Arrived
Sep 5, 2019
I was like you about a year ago. I had my doubts. I thought I had to live as a monk in the mountains for 30 years to have any special abilities. Now I know that is not true.

The spirits I talk to (and who talk back) have different personalities, ways of speech, and I can see some of them, like their clothing. That's how I know it's a different personality. For other issues I just trust, but I'm always searching for bad spirits and watch out for them. In the case of my guardian angel (GA), she had the same sense of humor I do but she also had a serious, more somber side. Eventually, as I meditated on this issue and asked questions, I found out she and I had been good friends for many lifetimes and I asked her to be my GA in this lifetime, and she agreed.

Another issue is when I ask my GA for a burst of positive energy for protection or banishing attacks, I feel a subtle rush of energy which makes my hairs stand on end. The energy usually starts at the bottom of my back, goes up, and often goes across my arms. It happens every time I ask.

You just have to trust yourself, ask questions of your GA, and understand that things will not be given to you (except love), that you have to work for them. Answers from your GA may be confusing as you do not have the complete context yet for that answer. All of this difficult life has the purpose of a learning experience. Of course some people make life even more difficult with the choices they make. Love is given freely anytime you ask and you should ask a lot, because energy needs to flow, and the good guys want to help you. It needs to go from one place to another and by practicing opening up your mind you will learn to open up easier to receive it.

So one of the earliest times that I accepted I was talking to my GA I could see her in my mind very happy, jumping up and down with excitement, and her energy was keeping me awake as I was trying to go to sleep. This went on for an hour and then I had to politely block her energy so I could sleep. It was THAT strong. At this point her happy energy was so strong the joy was making me cry.

I have also seen a ghost with my physical eyes, and several other things have happened to me that I cannot explain. So I do believe there is something to this.

I recommend you mediate every day for at least 15 minutes. There is good free meditation music on Youtube and Bitchute that you can listen to to get you started. That will help you clear your mind. Then explore and see what you find out there. It's a huge universe.

As for your death warnings, death is merely a change in state. The old body is shed, and a new chapter in life begins. Death is not the end. My NDE convinced me of that.

I do believe you have talents, I also get confirmation from my GA, but not all people will understand your talents. Best of luck to you and I'm here to answer any questions you might have!
Such a boost of confidence thank you so much! I think you are right I need to meditate and find that quiet time ! It sounds as though you've had amazing experiences!

Reactions: Maryann

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
Thank you so much I'm the same ! I'm different to most people so I don't need anyone thinking I'm weirder its bad enough my work colleagues are starting to look at me odd because at times I know what they are about to say and without thinking I answer the un asked question.

For example my colleague was about to say something to me all she said was Jane my back was turned to her and I answered oh yes the application for such person thank you I need that . ... I don't think she's looked the same at me since

But it's also things like sometimes I just know what is going to happen only small things but I know it's like a weird feeling in my stomach .

In the past I've had a couple of death warnings.... For which I hope I never have again as thinking about losing a loved one when they are alive sucks and makes you feel like your a horrible person for thinking it but then when it happens it's worse coz someone had tried to warn you.

But I really want to learn how to improve it !
Thank you for the tips I'm going to read into how to change me diet also and what foods help .
I love the outdoors and always out on my horses they are my peace .

How old were you before it got stronger if you don't mind me asking as I wonder if it's a kind of awakening as such
thx to make me think, it seems i woke up to more potential at age of 33

the persons i work most with i can know it sometimes exactly what he likes to say and again a working error disabeled

since my awakening i had a good number of up and downs but always higher than before, faith in oneself is important

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Interesting post, including all the answers so far! A couple of times in my life I've been to a psychic for a reading - you know, you pay 20 bucks and they tell you what you want to hear. But on the one time, the lady said "Why do you come to a psychic when you're psychic yourself?" I think just hearing that and then replaying it in my mind over a period of about 10 years allowed me to start to trust that some of the weirder synchronicities in my life were the result of being psychic - that is, being wired in such a way as to be able to receive perceptions from outside the 5-sense perception field. Sometimes, when I get a psychic impression (like clairaudience) I will just say that thing out loud to the relevant person, and I hear my voice going a bit deeper in tonality. Sometimes I see a word or phrase printed in front of my mind, or I heard the word, and I have seen a couple of ghosts so that is clairvoyant.

OK, some of those sentiments don't always "land in the hole" for the other person. Those are the people whose ear isn't attuned to that "something special".

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if messages get through or not. If the message is for someone else, or for yourself. If you don't get it, you don't get it, and another wave of opportunity comes through at an appropriate time.

I think fear and anxiety are the biggest killers of these special abilities. I think living in a military-controlled state would probably cut a lot of it out, as your actions and how you are perceived could mean a lot to your survival. So I just love and accept my gift as part of myself. The self that I am able to love with no inner voice cracking judgements over how I look, shape up or feel.

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
Such a boost of confidence thank you so much! I think you are right I need to meditate and find that quiet time ! It sounds as though you've had amazing experiences!
Thank you for the feedback! I think part of my path is teaching and it's great to know I helped someone. By giving me feedback you helped me a lot! :) Wew, lads! I'm getting lots of positive energy right now! Lots and lots!

Yes the experiences have boggled my mind since I don't meditate every day, and I thought I had to mediate every day. There are so many things I assume that are incorrect. But I'm still open minded and totally dedicated to changing for the better. ;)

I was thinking about what you said above and had a question...…"Did you come here to play small?"

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
Every word here is excellent advice I really can't add much to, except to say my breakthrough to understanding came after inching toward it without realizing that's where I was moving. I was a writer always, so connecting to the Muse was something I just did, until I ran across a series of... things that happened. Meeting someone, finding a curious website, having a book fall on my foot at a new age bookstore were all nudges. Then when I started getting deep and serious with my healing work in my early 30s, that's when it got interesting. Meditation, big on the list. Clearing out the sludge from the body after decades of eating whatever, also big. Not that you have to commit to any kind of permanent lifestyle change thereby, but getting clean and clear itself just moves you into another space. Therapeutic work on all levels, physical, mental, emotional healing, metaphysical healing, getting open and anchored in a practice in which you feel at once grounded and celestially attuned, all good things. Main thing is to be aware of what comes as answers when you send out the intention that you're ready. Sometimes those are wrapped in packages that aren't all that easy to recognize. Love, above all, for self and other, especially finding love in what challenges you.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Main thing is to be aware of what comes as answers when you send out the intention that you're ready. Sometimes those are wrapped in packages that aren't all that easy to recognize.
That is such a very wise statement. And the reason for it is: What you can be sure you will not get is your expectation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)