Proof of Heaven (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
I just finished reading Dr. Eben Alexander's book, "Proof of Heaven" and it's a fantastic read! Dr. Alexander is an M.D. and neurosurgeon who experienced a Near Death Experience while in a very deep coma. As a medical professional with many years of experience in his field, Alexander had always been not just a skeptic, but a deeply entrenched non-believer in the idea that consciousness transcends the human body. As one deeply indoctrinated into the sciences and scientific method, he believed that consciousness was a product of the physical human brain.

All that quite suddenly changed when he contracted a very rare and virulent strain of e. Coli that attacked his neurological system. After his coma, during which nearly all his brain function had ceased functioning for five full days, Dr. Alexander experienced what he described as an extremely lucid series of events--events that, scientifically, he could not have had, given the state of his body. With practically no chance of survival, much less any kind of functional life expectancy, Dr. Alexander not only survived, he made a complete and miraculous recovery!

Dr. Alexander now profoundly believes in our spiritual nature and the transcendance of human consciousness beyond our physical bodies. He believes that he was given this experience so that he could not only share it with others, but add to even deeper levels of our understanding regarding these non-physical realms. His experience was quite non-typical, and it led him to believe that his unique perspective allowed him to travel through areas of the non-physical that other NDE'ers had not yet experienced or related.

The real kicker in this book was the sudden discovery of the true identity of his spirit guide--a young girl who welcomed him into the light of the spirit world as the two perched on the wing of a butterfly. His revelation left me with full-body chills that I'm just now re-experiencing as I type this!

:-D

So if you're interested in NDEs or other spiritual topics, I highly recommend this book!!!

:)<3<3<3

PS: Maybe it's just me, and it has nothing at all to do with this book, but for some time after finishing it, I've had an increasing sense of lightness--not quite euphoria, but a gentle feeling of joy! For what it's worth...just putting it out there...

<:)

Last edited:

AngelicView

Involved Wayfarer
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Wow Stargazer! We are on the same channel - I just finished reading that book, too.

A couple of thoughts:

• I wonder if Dr. Alexander's NDE was written into his life plan. I bet it was!
  • I think it's no coincidence that he is a doctor. Not just any kind of doctor, but a neurosurgeon. These people (doctors with specialty) are highly educated and also educated to think that the consciousness resides within the body - specifically the brain. Dr. Alexander's experience proved otherwise.
  • I bet our Other-Dimensional Helpers have a plan. His NDE (in my opinion) was no accident or coincidence. It happened specifically to benefit the closed reductionist thinkers. To plant the seed - to make them think and further research.
What this world really needs (again, IMO) is for scientists to get on the spiritual bus with us. We need them to understand that life is eternal, that the Earth is a living Being, that we are hurting her and each other, and that there are things we can do right now to stop the madness. But we need their help. We need the greatest minds to help us bring forward new ideas and get them implemented and invented.

I think that's what Dr. Alexander's NDE was all about. To get those types of people thinking on a higher level.

OP
Stargazer

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Wow Stargazer! We are on the same channel - I just finished reading that book, too.

What this world really needs (again, IMO) is for scientists to get on the spiritual bus with us. We need them to understand that life is eternal, that the Earth is a living Being, that we are hurting her and each other, and that there are things we can do right now to stop the madness. But we need their help. We need the greatest minds to help us bring forward new ideas and get them implemented and invented.

I think that's what Dr. Alexander's NDE was all about. To get those types of people thinking on a higher level.
LOL! It's so wonderful that you and I should be so much on the same wavelength! :)

I absolutely agree with both of you. In my mind there are no coincidences, only synchronicities (that is to say, circumstances being "nudged" along by our "higher" selves for our benefit). I've noticed quite a few examples lately of highly educated, "left-brained" type people in mainstream careers who are either skeptical or complete disbelievers in anything to do with metaphysical concepts--and, after having an experience of their own or researching the phenomena, they change their minds in a very big way! Dr. Michael Newton, Ph.D, Navy Commander Suzanne Geissemann (who served as an aide to the Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff), and Dr. Eben Alexander are such converts, to name just a few.

I do have a strong sense that this is all just a part of a much larger ("Divine") plan, where evidence of metaphysical/spiritual concepts just keeps piling up until it can't be denied. This will undoubtedly shift humanity's understanding and focus on the physical to the non-physical realms and contribute greatly to our evolution as a species. That is, I have no doubt, what our current "Shift of Consciousness" is all about.

It's important for us to consider (or remember, depending upon our own individual points of view) that, while Earth is a living Being, this is also all an illusion--a game we're playing as eternal, spiritual beings. If we can view things from that perspective, (as Dr. Alexander's guide says), "We can do no wrong." Or something to that effect, if I remember correctly. This takes all the fear out of the equation and allows us to freely create through our thoughts, intentions, and actions, whatever experiences or future we may wish to create!

:-D<3<3<3

Reactions: AngelicView

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)