Article Pre-Covid and Post-Covid Life By Brad Austen (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Brad

Spiritual & Meditation Teacher
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
Australia
www.mindful-meditations.com
I’ve been fairly quiet lately, and enjoying some down time. However, I felt inspired to write a new article about the times we are living in. Worldwide, these past few years, we’ve all been impacted in different ways, and many of us have some residual anxiety, depression or trauma. It’s important not to blame yourself, or be too hard on family and friends that may think differently to you. A lot of the rules and restrictions were imposed on us, without our consent. Things became very crazy, very quickly. There are still some restaurants and businesses I am hesitant to visit because of the silliness they imposed.

My Mum and I spent the past several \ years researching alternative media and going down many rabbit holes regarding the pandemic. It was nice to be able to share this journey with my Mother, and have someone for support during these times. I know many people went through this time alone. I actually think being awake and aware, can be more challenging than being asleep, in many ways. We all have free choice and are at a different place in our awareness. Alas, you can’t force enlightenment on anyone.

For me personally, my post covid life is different than my pre covid life. I lost some friends and had some awkward conversations with family as well. At times, it felt like having a foot in two worlds. While the planet can’t physically split into two physical planets, there is a split in consciousness occurring, and this is just the beginning. Whereby, there will be humans with a low consciousness and a higher consciousness inhabiting the planet.

I was having a conversation with a former friend of mine, when he insisted I share my views about covid, but when I did, he dismissed it as ‘far-fetched’ and ‘a conspiracy theory’. Unfortunately, my friendship changed after that conversation. I am sure many of you may have had similar experiences with family or friends. Part of this transition and shift in consciousness we are going through, isn’t without challenge and upheaval.

Also, I don’t I’ll think about authoritarians in the same way again either. While I didn’t publicly protest, I was inside. I thought the Jabba the Hutt mandates (excuse the Star Wars pun) were particularly low and was grateful I didn’t need one for work. I did a lot of meditations and sent light to where I thought it was needed. I thought I was able to assist in my unique way.

Moving past covid, things are slowly returning to normal or a new normal. At the supermarket when I still see people wearing masks, I think to myself ‘wow, some people may never wake up’. And maybe, it isn’t their time - each in their own time. I believe we have a bright future for our planet; we are just going through the messy transition stage. We are all transition workers in a sense, each with a specific role. As individuals, we can all play a role for the greater good.

In closing, covid affected all of us in different ways, some were buffered and some weren’t as much. Sometimes the worst brings out the best, and sometimes it brings out the worst. At the end of the day, we are all in this together, even if our belief system is different. I don’t really expect to receive too many apologies, but that’s okay, everyone has their own path. As hard as it can be sometimes, choosing forgiveness is the higher path and leads to God.

By Brad Austen © 2022.

https://www.mindful-meditations.com

Brad is an intuitive writer, channel, spiritual and meditation teacher and recording artist. He is passionate about writing and producing guided meditations to aid relaxation, healing and spiritual growth.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Brad, thanks for this article. Mentioning the residual anxiety, depression, and trauma is very helpful to me. While I managed to skirt around most mandates, there was a toll. When I see people still wearing masks, I feel compassion for some of them because they carry so much fear. A few friendships slipped away, but some new ones emerged. Yes, a couple of apologies would be nice, but I laugh it off as my ego wanting a bit of recognition .... but still - lol. Like you, I do see an emergence to a brighter world.

• Love this post!
Reactions: Lila and June
OP
Brad

Brad

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
Australia
Brad, thanks for this article. Mentioning the residual anxiety, depression, and trauma is very helpful to me. While I managed to skirt around most mandates, there was a toll. When I see people still wearing masks, I feel compassion for some of them because they carry so much fear. A few friendships slipped away, but some new ones emerged. Yes, a couple of apologies would be nice, but I laugh it off as my ego wanting a bit of recognition .... but still - lol. Like you, I do see an emergence to a brighter world.
You're welcome. It's been a very difficult time, but things are getting better. My Sister also has residual anxiety from the lockdowns. I think for me, the hard part now is feeling I am in two worlds, and observing many people I know not choosing the new world.

• I agree
  • Love this post!
Reactions: June and Linda

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Thanks for the article, Brad. Nice to know your thoughts. In terms of the friend who didn't take kindly to your voicing your perspective, this is how I see it: being awake and aware, one of the attributes for that state of being is openness - of body, mind and soul. And being open, one has imbibed much information and run it through our intuiting system to cancel out the dross and keep the fine gold. This involves some conspiracy theories, but also just good knowledge by patient and expert people who put it out there because they can't just stand aside and let goodness be swamped by greed. But in receiving information, and filtering it for our purposes, we also use our own direct experience through varied life sequences - in other words, it is not all second-hand. This, then, can give us a "knowing", either through our meditation or our synchronous life experience. We may also remember "knowings" from lived lives which pop up now, because we're ready for them. And, as you say, there is no judgement about the other person. They haven't lived those things, or known those things. So your 1 + 1 is adding up differently to theirs. And the genuine piece of wisdom in your article is choosing forgiveness.

OP
Brad

Brad

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
Australia
Thanks for the article, Brad. Nice to know your thoughts. In terms of the friend who didn't take kindly to your voicing your perspective, this is how I see it: being awake and aware, one of the attributes for that state of being is openness - of body, mind and soul. And being open, one has imbibed much information and run it through our intuiting system to cancel out the dross and keep the fine gold. This involves some conspiracy theories, but also just good knowledge by patient and expert people who put it out there because they can't just stand aside and let goodness be swamped by greed. But in receiving information, and filtering it for our purposes, we also use our own direct experience through varied life sequences - in other words, it is not all second-hand. This, then, can give us a "knowing", either through our meditation or our synchronous life experience. We may also remember "knowings" from lived lives which pop up now, because we're ready for them. And, as you say, there is no judgement about the other person. They haven't lived those things, or known those things. So your 1 + 1 is adding up differently to theirs. And the genuine piece of wisdom in your article is choosing forgiveness.
Thanks for sharing, I appreciate it. We are certainly all in a different place in our journey, as you say, being open is important. Trying not to judge others is something I think most of us have a little to work on. We were they are at some point, perhaps before we woke up or in another life. Because we are all eternal beings, there is no race, as I think we all get there in the end. But, people that are a little further ahead, can serve as guides and mentors in times such as these. Thanks again, for sharing. :)

• Insightful Post
Reactions: Lila

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)