Post your iconic tree image (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Iconic tree image.jpg

This might be your iconic image of a tree (the image that pops into your mind when you think "tree".)

How about some others, to kick it off?

Dragon Blood Tree Dracaena cinnabari.jpgDetail of Dragon Blood Tree.jpg
Dragon Blood Tree Dracaena cinnabari

Tree Walk near Walpole.png
Tree walk near Walpole, south-west Western Australia

Tree Hugger.jpg
We are all connected

• Love this post!
Reactions: Alain and Lila

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
IMG_20161007_145231720.jpg

• Love this post!
Reactions: Lila

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Don't forget to credit the author and provide a link back if you are posting something that isn't in the public domain in terms of the licence (or isn't your image).Since this is a thread dedicated to health and education in relation to trees, it should be alright to include images in relation to that, but remember, do check our pinned thread over on the Forum Help board, Image Copyright: Can I use that Picture?, if unsure.

I like this tree by visualkid-n.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
My iconic tree is from the farm. It blew over in a storm, but two branches caught it so the roots stayed in the ground. So far, so good. I use it as part of my farm talk explaining how the tree, although once tall and straight like the others, has adapted to new conditions. It now is favorite of children because they can climb it. I originally called it the yoga tree, but changed to the push-up tree, which makes more sense to children.

yoga tree.jpg

OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
  • I agree
OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Don't forget to credit the author and provide a link back if you are posting something that isn't in the public domain in terms of the licence (or isn't your image).Since this is a thread dedicated to health and education in relation to trees, it should be alright to include images in relation to that, but remember, do check our pinned thread over on the Forum Help board, Image Copyright: Can I use that Picture?, if unsure.

I like this tree by visualkid-n.
Reminds me a bit of the landscape in Avatar movie - the birds add to it.

• I agree
Reactions: Laron and Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I hope that you don't mind me posting a link here HM, but I found the following pictures very impressive :-

If you continue to page 2 you get these: "The strangest trees you’ll ever see were created by the Swedish-American farmer Axel Erlandson. Erlandson developed methods to get them to form in strange shapes, but never shared how he did it."

They are worth a look!

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
I came across this quite randomly the other day and spent some time looking into it... fascinating. It's the Hoia-Baciu forest in Romania (Transylvania) and is considered the most haunted forest in the world, also a UFO hotspot and generally a place where strange things happen. It definitely fits the bill for me as iconic as a forest I'd rather not get lost in. Spooky. Look at how the trees grow in this pic:

Interesting info and more photos here https://hoiabaciuforest.com/photo-gallery/ and here https://factslegend.org/20-interesting-mysterious-hoia-baciu-forest-facts/

OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
The photo gallery you posted has some amazing trick-of-light scenery, and also some undentifiable lights, making the place intriguing. Thanks for introducing me to this location.

• I agree
Reactions: Maryann and Lila

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Look at how the trees grow in this pic:
Several of them have faces with disconcerting expressions.

Sometimes strength in adversity shows us the way.
I see trees like this in west Texas where the wind always is blowing. It is worth the time to stop and look at them - the trunk, the branches, the leaves. All are influenced by the external conditions, yet the tree thrives (sort of like my push-up tree).

• Insightful Post
  • Divine
Reactions: Lila and Snowmelt

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
I have a video I'd love to post. We came across again, a Banyan tree while here in Hawaii. I don't think I took a specific photo, but rather a video, as it's an impressive tree. It's practically a tree of roots and thus, it continues to spread out and create this massive canopy of hanging tree vines.

Here is the canopy.
20190601_111222.jpg

And root system. (With my son.)
20190601_110840.jpg

Here's a stock photo to give an idea of the tree itself. As I apparently only took a video this time of the actual tree. Heheh

SmartSelectImage_2019-06-03-07-23-08.png

OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I have a video I'd love to post. We came across again, a Banyan tree while here in Hawaii. I don't think I took a specific photo, but rather a video, as it's an impressive tree. It's practically a tree of roots and thus, it continues to spread out and create this massive canopy of hanging tree vines.

Here is the canopy.
View attachment 7105

View attachment 7106

Here's a stock photo to give an idea of the tree itself. As I apparently only took a video this time of the actual tree. Heheh

View attachment 7107
Love it. It puts people into proportion. Thanks.

• Wise Post

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016

Here is the canopy.
View attachment 7105

View attachment 7106

View attachment 7107
I saw my first Banyan tree in Hawaii,
Truly amazing, id never seen anything like it. Definitely iconic. All trees are wonderful, they’re like sentries standing strong and firm, no wonder we liken ourselves to them when grounding

OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
So many beautiful forests and trees with faces, the thinking tree especially grabbed me.
This is something I came across, I think it’s quite magical, look at the size of the person at the base
I have never seen such a mesmerising landscape. Thanks for posting!

• A hug for you
Reactions: June

fairyfloss

Involved Wayfarer
Dec 24, 2016
Perth Western Australia
Trees are so mesmerising and magical❤. This is a poem I wrote 31 years ago, for a special Australian ghost gumtree I used to pass on the road , set back in a farming paddock , for 2 years whilst driving up and back from Albany to Perth on weekends.I have a photo somewhere .. I will post when I locate it .
A PLACE IN SPACE 29/12/1989
It belongs to the world
It’s part of the universe
It gives to it’s surroundings
It is not owned
But it is my tree
It’s mine because
I look out for it
I wait in anticipation to see
It’s splendour
It is unique &special & grand
It towers over &conquers
All others because
I have made it mine
It has no owner but
Appreciates & accepts my love for it
It affects my being by existing
Have you seen my special tree?
Be sure to say hello from me!

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
fairyfloss I love your poem. It is how I feel about so many things in nature - my wrens, my pecan grove ...... - none of them are mine, but I love them, enjoy them, and want to share my appreciation with everyone. It is a light and gentle feeling - perhaps it is a way I can take my feelings for them to others - maybe "mine" is like a little satchel to carry my love.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Yes, I think things can be 'mine' or 'ours' when we appreciate them and love them in a way they cannot be when we do not notice or appreciate them.
We make those connections which make things special and give them meaning<3

So heartwarming to see you poem, fairyfloss and be reminded of these wonders!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)