Plant Medicine: Two Healers on Preparing for the Trump Era (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
www.lornawilsonqhhthealing.co.uk
An awesome interview in Mask magazine on herbs, healing and politics:

"A lot of new age or spiritual healer types promise that they can support people “stepping into their best lives” or in becoming “whole” or “well.” I think of how tied to privilege that is, the belief that they can be whole or healed or okay. For too many people I know and love, this is impossible in the face of ongoing state violence, racism, transphobia, homophobia, ableism, and classism. And it feels defeating to be told it’s our responsibility to “get well.”

I try to view healing work through a harm reduction lens and love this quote from herbalist Sean Donahue: “It makes no sense to speak of healing people if we are not willing to address what is making them sick and ultimately killing them. ... [M]y prescription for everyone who walks into our clinic is the complete transformation of this society, and ... anything else we do is harm reduction – necessary and often life saving but not curative. And while I don't have a roadmap to guide that transformation, I can tell you one thing – the first step is refusing to accept the cruelty and suffering around us as normal. Because the trouble with normal is that it always gets worse.”

During this time it is essential that we find support in plant medicine. Plants are our allies and will help keep our body and minds balanced as we organize. We are going to need many adaptogens and nervines – herbs in these medicinal categories generally help strengthen our nervous system and increase our resiliency under shifting conditions and environmental stress. Three herbs that I think will be crucial are skullcap (scutellaria lateriflora), passionflower (Passiflora Incarnata), and mugwort (Artemisia Vulgaris). Skullcap for anxiety relief, headaches, insomnia, muscular and skeletal pain. Passionflower to de-stress, relieve nerve pain, heart palpitations, and as a general sleep aid and anti-depressant. Mugwort so that we can connect deeper with messages coming through in our dreams. Mugwort is a digestive stimulant and eases nervous tension.

Full article:http://www.maskmagazine.com/the-woo-issue/work/cameos-jennifer-patterson-antonia-estela-perez

Reactions: Akram and Sinera

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
I do not get why the author of that article links it to Trump (era) since it's got not a lot to do with him or politics. Is it a clickbait? Not saying it is a bad article or something. I'm just wondering.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Hey - I loved this article. I want to know these women. They are so matter-of-fact about themselves and the world around them. We need a whole lot more people like them to speak up.

Antonia reminds us to heal by connecting with the histories that run through us, as well as the natural world that is always already right in front of us.

Reactions: Akram

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)