Photographers will LOVE this idea (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I was just moaning about changing lenses on my camera while we were on vacation. It is a royal pain in the patooty and just about impossible when scrambling around ruins and rough terrain. Low and behold, I came across this idea, which has a kickstarter campaign going.

Anyone who takes photos will love this, and it means I can get more lenses - :D Krena, I think this might be a must have for you!

We were frustrated by the fact that many of us have a collection of beautiful lenses, all with their own unique look and purpose. But in the heat of the moment there's no time to fiddle around with lens caps and bulky bags. By carefully studying the workflow of professional photographers we designed a product that eliminates the need for multiple camera bodies, assistants and camera bags. This is the TriLens.

Teles, normals, primes.. No matter your lens combination the center of gravity will automatically adjust to be as low as possible. The auto-friction mechanism will keep the TriLens stable when walking or running by automatically adjusting the force needed to rotate the housing.

http://www.friidesigns.com/

Here is the video that shows how it works.

Krena

Embracing Mystery, Mostly
Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
Linda, thanks for calling my attention to this.

I no longer take a camera with lenses while traveling, because it is too heavy for me. Instead, I have a Sony RX 100, a very small point and shoot with a zoom Zeiss lens. The lens is so good that it works to crop images. The downfall is wide angle options, but I have not missed that much.

For local photo shoots, especially involving architecture, I use my Canon Rebel with wide angle lens in addition to others.

I also find my iPhone does a great job, and in certain circumstances, it is better than the other two.

The lens carrying invention is brilliant for professional photographers with better backs than me. It would be great for weddings, parties, journalsim, and vacations. I see some issues: one must wear a belt (I don't). I also think it may not be wise to use the device in dicey locations. But it looks like it would be great in many circumstances.

Reactions: Stargazer and Lila
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)