Passchendaele trenches (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
This image of the trenches in Passchendaele in late 1917 flicked past me in a second in a film I was watching on TV. But the image burned into my retina. So I looked it up online, and found it as a still photo.

First, here is the ordinary size:

image in explosive smoke.png

and here is an enlarged view:

image in explosive smoke.png

Can you see the walking man in the smoke of the explosion in the top right hand corner? And can you see the dog or fox faces looking directly out of that conflagration? Can you see that the walking man in the smoke is wearing a trench helmet, the same as the soldiers in the foreground? I also see an aura around the being in this image. I don't think the living people in the scene could have perceived these, but the photo makes it really stand out. As I say, I got the strong impression when the image flashed in front of me for just one second on television. Perhaps the light of the plasma TV made the image more illumined?

OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
The scientific name for seeing faces in inanimate objects or even in smoke or clouds is pareidolia. I've brought up the topic on this forum before. The reason is I see them very easily, but especially in smoke or clouds. I don't like it when science needs to label everything as a conspiracy (such as neurotic, negative people see pareidolia). I want to say I think it is a spiritually refined ability, because there are other realities morphed and woven in with the one we are experiencing.

But here is one view from science on the subject:

Who is most likely to experience pareidolia?
It is often hypothesised that people who are more religious, or believe in the supernatural, are more prone to pareidolia.
Studies show that neurotic people, and people in negative moods, are more likely to experience pareidolia. The reason for this seems to be that these people are on higher alert for danger, so are more likely to spot something that isn’t there.
Women seem to be more prone to seeing faces where there are none. This may be linked to the fact that they have a better ability to recognise emotions through deciphering facial expressions.
Whoever you are, whatever you’re doing, you can experience pareidolia. Don’t let it shock you, it’s just your ancient survival instincts kicking in.

https://www.lenstore.co.uk/eyecare/pareidolia-science

• Insightful Post
Reactions: Lila

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
change the alert for danger in awe for beauty and it fits better

• I agree
Reactions: Lila

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
I’m terrible at seeing these things. Which is ironic, given some of the channeled artwork I do, lol. I get really frustrated trying to see what other people see in clouds and stuff. I can see things sometimes, but most of the time, nope.

• Winner
  • Love this post!
Reactions: Lila and Alain

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I think that split second focus on something is something really intriguing. It changes everything. If you hadn't focused on that it would simply be an ordinary picture to you. This way it becomes something very special in some way.

I find that sometimes that awareness of something like this is 'in the background' for me. This was a good example.
I viewed the picture and noted something that I didn't focus on.
When I read your message about the standing man I wondered where it was. Once I saw that you were focused on the smoke I recognized that this had been present for me too, but without focusing on it I had not taken in the detail you had brought to my attention.

I wonder how many of these 'in the background' things are there for us every day, all the time. I also wonder how they influence our reactions, emotions etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)