Article Out of Bounds Mars (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Janne

Astrologer
Jul 30, 2016
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Mars out of bounds1.jpg
Mars has just gone Out of Bounds until the beginning of March and those born with Mars OOB will feel it most, like me.

I will attempt to explain.

For anyone interested, in the early 90s, Kt Boehrer became an influential player in a renewal of interest in declination when she published her book, Declinations, The Other Dimension, which presented 20 years of research on the subject. Beyond the Solstice by Declination, followed in 1999.
Currently, declination and out-of-bounds planets are not used so much by astrologers but some of us make a note of them in readings.

Essentially, as the Sun travels around the zodiac on the ecliptic, it reaches a maximum northern declination (23N27) at the tropic of Cancer on the summer solstice. The Sun reaches maximum southern declination (23S27) at the tropic of Capricorn on the winter solstice. (Op where I am).

Declination is measured as the earth’s tilt along its axis as it orbits the Sun. The planets normally travel within that band of degrees. A planet is considered out-of-bounds when it travels beyond the ecliptic, or beyond 23°27′ to the north or south.

Any out-of-bounds planet is no longer under the guidance, or rule, of the Sun, the organizing principle. The OOB planet deviates from normal expression; it becomes exaggerated, somehow unusual, or unconventional. This can manifest in many ways, sometimes as a remarkable talent or gift, sometimes as inappropriate, extreme, eccentric behavior.

Mars can be obvious in world events when it is OOB. There is often an increase in shooting events, Gun laws may feature. People escape from prison. During OOB Mars same-sex marriage was recognised.

Some of the key words for OOB Mars are :- unrestrained, extreme, independent, wild, awkward, privileged, magnified).
Vulnerable also comes to mind for some. If any planet is out there on its own, beyond the conventional boundaries, the experience of vulnerability can be present as well. I have found this to be true this last week but not to the degree of harming me. As there was still free will.

On the positive side, Mars OOB can give generous amounts of ambition, courage, self confidence, masculine energy, daring, boldness, drive, physical vitality, passion, will power, stamina, adventure, and leadership ability and I find - ECCENTRICITY, plus rebellion as this is what I have a lot of. I do not like to be stood over.

Mars takes on qualities of the planet Uranus when OOB. I actually think a lot of the other planets do too.

Katherine Hepburn is an excellent example of Mars OOB. Her unconventionality has been well documented: she refused to wear makeup off-screen, she did not give interviews, she refused to give autographs, she did not wear skirts, and in fact famously walked around in her underwear because the costume department stole her boyish slacks. There is no way anyone told this headstrong lady what to do! She mischievously commented "if you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun!"
She is admired for her independence, powerful voice, ability to go head to head with her male co-stars, her unapologetic honesty, and tell it like it is attitude. She was certainly daring; she insisted on doing all her own stunts because the stunt women never stood up straight enough (

OOB Mars is also often found in the charts of talented artists, astrologers and Scientists or physicists, as there is a tendency to think “outside the box” and understand concepts beyond the normal range of this 3 dimensional world.

For instance I have seen UFO’s and had contact with many people who have also seen and touched them, and been in contact with Alien beings as have I.

Normally quiet and introverted people who can even be shy, if being born with OOB Mars can at times be extremely courageous or competitive at certain times, and will stand up to bullies even when they are not apparently strong people. They have times when they are simply not afraid of anything.

On the more negative side. There can be much shorter fuses around with an OOB Mars. Anyone with OOB Mars can be excessively aggressive, rash, angry, impulsive, self centered, excessively forceful, and have a tendency to pick unprovoked fights.

So the period ahead is going to be very interesting for those of us who have a strong Mars influence in their charts and also for Sagittarians and Capricorns too, as Mars will head into the latter sign in 4 days.
And definitely for those who have OOB Mars in their birth charts.

Things could speed up and unusual events will happen both personally and globally so seat belts should be well buckled by now. Mine weren’t as I was not aware of it happening until a few days back, but they are now.

Attachments

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Fascinating reminder of some character types. Makes me almost feel like laughing and crying at the same time.

How would one figure out if Mars was OOB in one's own chart?

Reactions: Janne
OP
Janne

Janne

Astrologer
Jul 30, 2016
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Fascinating reminder of some character types. Makes me almost feel like laughing and crying at the same time.

How would one figure out if Mars was OOB in one's own chart?
You can use this ephemeris to find out using the info in the article too Lila <3

Use only the moon, Venus, Mars, Mercury and other outer planets

• Thank you!
Reactions: Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
That ephemeris seems to be a tool for many uses.
Thank you.

Reactions: Alain and Janne

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Thanks for sharing the ephemeris site. I checked my natal chart. Surprised to find out that I've got 6 planets/aspects in Retrograde at the time of my birth! (Moon's Node, Mercury, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, and Quaoar). I've got a book explaining how having Mercury Retrograde in your birth chart puts a different interpretation on the retrograde transits, i.e. don't just believe the old stock-in-trade of it being a negative element.

I had no OOB planets, although Jupiter was getting close at 23 deg 00'. Another 28' and it would have been!

OP
Janne

Janne

Astrologer
Jul 30, 2016
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Thanks for sharing the ephemeris site. I checked my natal chart. Surprised to find out that I've got 6 planets/aspects in Retrograde at the time of my birth! (Moon's Node, Mercury, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, and Quaoar). I've got a book explaining how having Mercury Retrograde in your birth chart puts a different interpretation on the retrograde transits, i.e. don't just believe the old stock-in-trade of it being a negative element.

I had no OOB planets, although Jupiter was getting close at 23 deg 00'. Another 28' and it would have been!
I am pleased you see Rx as not being a negative as much has been written about them that has made them a big deal when it really isnt. A bit like void of course moon in every day life. VOC is really only relevant in Horary work.(Question charts)

The outer slow moving planets stay Rx for months and it is only the station points that are important for forecasts.

Venus and Mars are more relevant and personal and Mercury gives a mind that is extremely clever as there is a good blend of right/left brain . Although some early learning issues could occur it leads to that better balance so Mercury Rx people are often the most bright and clever of people, most are in fact and see things other people miss or from a different perspective.

And of course you would be in your element during Mercury Rx as in now and its interesting you have found out what you did during this time.

I think you can be thankful you have no OOB planets! Especially the moon and Mars!

I have Mars and Jupiter, and Mars takes some handling...
All my family except my last son (bless him to bits) have OOB planets and he is the most level headed and nonjudgemental.

• Love this post!
Reactions: Alain and Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
What about having the moon's node (not the moon itself) and the apogee (not sure what that is) retrograde ?
Or Saggitarius A (ie galactic center) OOB?
Thanks for all your commentary. It's got me thinking about things I have not thought about for years. Not sure if you feel like answering all these; just thought I'd throw it out there as it's rather intriguing me after reading your article above.

Reactions: Janne
OP
Janne

Janne

Astrologer
Jul 30, 2016
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
What about having the moon's node (not the moon itself) and the apogee (not sure what that is) retrograde ?
Or Saggitarius A (ie galactic center) OOB?
Thanks for all your commentary. It's got me thinking about things I have not thought about for years. Not sure if you feel like answering all these; just thought I'd throw it out there as it's rather intriguing me after reading your article above.
Well thats why I told you to only take note of the planets I listed as the others dont count as they are not in the control of our sun. Its our zodiac that is involved only. It explains it a little in the article of the planets going out beyond our suns control Lila <3
Also the nodes are not planets but points where the moon crosses the ecliptic

Reactions: Alain

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Well thats why I told you to only take note of the planets I listed as the others dont count as they are not in the control of our sun. Its our zodiac that is involved only. It explains it a little in the article of the planets going out beyond our suns control Lila <3
Also the nodes are not planets but points where the moon crosses the ecliptic
Ah, of course!

• Funny
Reactions: Alain and Janne

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)