Our Hands Are The Antennas Of Our Soul (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
One of my friends and I have been talking about the wisdom of our grandmothers, and how those values stayed with us. I did not know as a child all the things she lived through. Yet, there was this smiling woman who always had time to listen to me AND remember what I said. There is soft and deep wisdom from people who are in their later years. They know what is important.

On this subject, I want to share this beautiful piece from Elena Barnabe.

" Grandma how do you deal with pain?"
" With your hands, dear. When you do it with your mind, the pain hardens even more."
“With your hands, grandma?"
" Yes, yes. Our hands are the antennas of our soul. When you move them by sewing, cooking, painting, touching the earth or sinking it into the earth, they send signals of caring to the deepest part of you and your soul calms down. This way she doesn't have to send pain anymore to show it.
" Are hands really that important?"
" Yes my girl. Thinking of babies: they get to know the world thanks to their touches. When you look at the hands of older people, they tell more about their lives than any other part of the body. Everything that is made by hand, so is said, is made with the heart because it really is like this: hands and heart are connected. Masseuses know this: When they touch another person's body with their hands, they create a deep connection. Thinking of lovers: When their hands touch, they love each other in the most sublime way."
" My hands grandma... how long haven't I used them like that!"
" Move them my girl, start creating with them and everything in you will move. The pain will not pass away. But it will be the best masterpiece. And it won't hurt anymore. Because you managed to embroider your essence."

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
IMG_0338.JPG

Here is a picture of my hand. That cross under the middle finger (on the mound of Saturn) I just found out means: gossip/slander/blacklisting. I did get blacklisted at work (hence, now unemployed). I have a star under the same finger on the other hand - that means domestic disturbances.

That cross in the middle of my hand is the Mystic Cross (inbetween the head line and the heart line). It also makes it look like a kind of capital M. I have that on both hands as well, but one is more fuzzy. I think that's because one hand is your potential, and the other is actualised.

Here is a picture of my hand I drew many decades ago on a scrap of paper when I was sitting at a boring desk job:

IMG_0337.JPG

Here is a picture of Osho's hands:

Oshos Hands_2.JPG

I love the idea that hands carry not only sensitivity, but wisdom.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I love this idea of hands as antennas.
It makes me think that every time a loving act or an everyday one is done with love, a little or a lot of that love can pour out of those hands into the task, meal, implement or places where the hands are doing their healing work.
I do not think it is coincidence that so many symbols of healing involve hands; often cupped to hold what needs to be held.

• Love this post!
Reactions: Alain and Linda
OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I just had a thought about mudras as part of the antennae. In these times when we are at a distance and not touching much, these gestures might help. I included a link with a few popular ones and noticed that I was drawn to the prana mudra and felt something as I did it.

Once when coming back from a meditation, I became aware that I was doing hand gestures that I recognized as mudras. Apparently, I knew about them on some level. Maybe we can make a thread about mudras. Does anyone have experience?

https://chopra.com/articles/10-powerful-mudras-and-how-to-use-them

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I just had a thought about mudras as part of the antennae. In these times when we are at a distance and not touching much, these gestures might help. I included a link with a few popular ones and noticed that I was drawn to the prana mudra and felt something as I did it.

Once when coming back from a meditation, I became aware that I was doing hand gestures that I recognized as mudras. Apparently, I knew about them on some level. Maybe we can make a thread about mudras. Does anyone have experience?

Brilliant.

There were a few mudras I kept looking for. This particular list didn't have them, though I realize it isn't exhaustive and I'm guessing others will come out of the woodwork as we realize we use our hands in many ways we weren't, perhaps, fully aware of. I am certainly remembering a lot as I read and write this:fp <3

Where is the 'Live long and prosper' mudra?
This could possibly also be called the 'nanu nanu' mudra

The 'ET call home' mudra:
1591904409095.png

The Fonz' 'thumbs up' mudra:

• Love this post!
Reactions: Linda

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia

Excellent pick-up! Reading the descriptions, I do practice the Gyan, Dhyana and Prana mudras regularly, but I can't remember learning to do them specifically. However, I did practice yoga asanas for years when I was younger, and thus may have learned that then. I also like to steeple my fingers, which just feels good, bringing sensitivity into your fingertips.

I find the Dhyana (sitting meditation with relaxed clasped hands and thumb tips touching) very calming and restorative.

• Love this post!
Reactions: Linda and Lila
OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
The Prana mudra really links into my system. (I'm telling you now it is ok to laugh at my story.)

I was on my way to meet someone and got behind a big slow moving machine. I was feeling stressed because I was going to be late and remembered Prana. So, even driving, it worked. Plus it had the added benefit of me appearing to give the peace symbol to everyone I passed.

• Love this post!
Reactions: Lila

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)