Orange Carrots and a Quick Trip Into History (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Up until the end of the 16th century carrots were yellow, purple and white. In the 17th century Dutch farmers crossbred them as a tribute to William of Orange who led the struggle for Dutch independence—the color stuck. A thousand years of yellow, purple and white carrot history was wiped out in a generation.

OX9BkZv.jpg

I told you it was quick!

Now think about all the other food items out there, as each may have a rich history to them as well in terms of their origins!

Perhaps you recall a food item and how it changed over time?

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
The University of Texas (burnt orange college color) and Texas A&M University (maroon college color) have a long standing rivalry. Being an agricultural and mechanical school, A&M has developed many things, including maroon carrots.

Reactions: Laron
OP
Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
People really like carrots it seems.

So I posted about this on Facebook the other day:

And the post went viral. 5.3k shares, 242 comments, 1.5k likes & reactions.

It's just really interesting about people consider important in their lives.

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
Chicken breasts are now the size of a turkey breast from 1980. I call them "godzilla chickens". Chicken breasts are quite large now.

Reactions: Alain and Laron

Toller

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 21, 2018
UK
I keep looking out for original purple carrots in the supermarket, not seen any yet! As for the white ones, I have to make do with parsnips.

I suppose the orange ones are a good source of beta-carotene, the precursor to vitamin A. (Although too much vitamin A can be poisonous).

Reactions: Laron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)